Dirty Racing

United States
Houston, TX
realtexan
Does anyone here participate in dirty racing lobbies? I don't mean lobbies that start out as clean, but end up getting dirty due to some bad drivers, but dirty lobbies where intentional dirty racing is allowed. I find these lobbies to be a bit more fun than most clean lobbies, since most people in the room aren't serious about the races, and everyone in the room just want to have fun.

I thought about tooling around in one a few times but since GT6 I started using my GTP_ account for everything and it just doesn't seem to me like it would set a good precident using that account in a "dirty" room.

Kind of counterintuitive :odd:

I prefer a good clean heads up race anyway.

I found the dirty rooms in GT5 were great fun. They were much better on shuffle though as you never knew what you were going to be driving. God heaven help everyone if someone got the Dodge RAM! :lol:

I thought dirty driving was a universal given in most public/open lobbies anyway. Perhaps I don't try enough of them. I tend to only play with a handful of work friends. It seems from my experiences that the chances of joining a clean room with strangers are slim. There's always some little :censored:er crashing into everyone.

I've never seen a "dirty racing allowed" stipulation in these lobbies. They usually claim to be "clean" lobbies. I've actually had cleaner racing in GTA's online street racing than in GT6 at times! I think I've been very unlucky with who I've raced with the few occasions I've decided to play with people I don't know.

It would be good IMO to corral the ones who want to drive dirty into dedicated lobbies. I can see the appeal, but people tend to do it anyway so they'll probably just keep joining other races.

End rant.

R.S
Dirty shuffle racing was good fun in GT5, even on just oval tracks. Catch-up on maximum. Damage off.
Didn't have a problem if someone wanted to go reverse.

And as shuffle racing sometimes gave you cars that were impossible to win with on ovals (too low top speed) it often ended up with those who got fast cars running in one direction while those who got slow cars were running in the opposite direction :D

I don't like dirty rooms. Firstly, because of the title 'dirty', people have excuse to completely ram you off the track. Also, 'dirty' racing also includes more immature players with headsets and just generally being ***holes. I don't know, maybe it can be fun, if you find the right lobby, but, usually, I stay well away from them.

Yep, I run clean rooms, but when I can't be bothered to be serious, e.g. Sunday afternoon with a glass of wine, I sometimes run a dirty room.

Gives you a chance to try other cars (anything goes), and whilst it can be frustrating getting rammed off the track, you can get even without repercussions. In fact there are tactics in placing well in a dirty room, and a hella lotta fun, especially when you successfully manage to push someone into the pit lane :sly:

Last edited:
Does anyone here participate in dirty racing lobbies? I don't mean lobbies that start out as clean, but end up getting dirty due to some bad drivers, but dirty lobbies where intentional dirty racing is allowed. I find these lobbies to be a bit more fun than most clean lobbies, since most people in the room aren't serious about the races, and everyone in the room just want to have fun.

YESSSSSS after doing clean racing for a while it's always really really fun to just relax and do some dirty/banger racing at 11pm on the weekends. Sooooo fun, especially with minigames like team derby, knock out the leader, push your teammate's small car to the win, etc etc.

Dirty shuffles actually helped me with car control. When every couple weeks you did 2/3 hours around the Nurb on comfort tyres being punted left right in centre it taught you a bit about car control and behaviour.

I used to play many dirty nascars in GT5 @ Daytona oval (with high boost for recovering) but in GT6 its not as fun. The boost seems to be poorer and the cars are not as fast.
Dirty races in normal tracks bore me. One thing I know tho, using a heavy truck like the Dodge RAM does help.

I thought dirty driving was a universal given in most public/open lobbies anyway. Perhaps I don't try enough of them. I tend to only play with a handful of work friends. It seems from my experiences that the chances of joining a clean room with strangers are slim. There's always some little :censored:er crashing into everyone.

I've never seen a "dirty racing allowed" stipulation in these lobbies. They usually claim to be "clean" lobbies. I've actually had cleaner racing in GTA's online street racing than in GT6 at times! I think I've been very unlucky with who I've raced with the few occasions I've decided to play with people I don't know.

It would be good IMO to corral the ones who want to drive dirty into dedicated lobbies. I can see the appeal, but people tend to do it anyway so they'll probably just keep joining other races.

End rant.
there's Rubbing Is Racing,and there's intenatly trying to wreck someone.

I hate dirty racing and I hate clean racing. Dirty racing is people only slamming into eachother and clean racing is people whining if you make a tiny mistake.

I've never went into a dirty lobby before, but the only time I have done a dirty race was when I suggested a short race in my league one night... DIRTY PRIUS RACING!!! :lol: And yes, it was fun. And we did it at Ascari. So we jumped our Priuses...

I do dirty racing. Usually I join winner pick performance point rooms.
I enjoy it. If you are a fairly good driver after a few minutes you should be far ennough ahead of people who only wreck people and don't go for the win where those people should not be a problem.

I do dirty racing. Usually I join winner pick performance point rooms.
I enjoy it. If you are a fairly good driver after a few minutes you should be far ennough ahead of people who only wreck people and don't go for the win where those people should not be a problem.

Yeah, I'd say starting on pole helps, if you don't get rammed by cars behind and end up in the gravel trap.

Back