Dirty Racing

I haven't done any dirty racing in GT6 yet, I did sometimes in GT5 though and had a lot of fun.

My best memory of a dirty race was at Spa. I had the lead going into the final sector with 3 guys approaching fast thanks to the boost and strong slipstream. I braked extremely early and the 3 guys behind flew past, tried to cut the final chicane with too much speed and wrecked big time. As one guy was spinning back on to the track just before the finish line, along I came at speed, about 8ft in the air tilted at a huge angle from skipping the bumpy grassy section, right across the spinning car's nose, landing by the finish line on two wheels and snatching the win. I must have watched that replay a dozen times.

A couple of PSN friends used to host a room of sheep and wolves. Everyone used to take a tuned Daihatsu Copen, while 1st and 2nd place from the previous race would take the Citreon GT Race Car. The aim was for the Citroens to take out the field and the Copens had to try and win by any means possible. Those were good times.

Last edited:
Did it in GT5, hilarious. It was nice suckering people into trying to divebomb the corners only to brake early and wide, causing them to completely overshoot the corner. I liked it when people tried to win though, there were a lot of people that would just initiate contact that would never go well for either party. It's definitely good practice for encountering dirty drivers you find in 'clean' rooms.

I haven't done any dirty racing in GT6 yet, I did sometimes in GT5 though and had a lot of fun.

My best memory of a dirty race was at Spa. I had the lead going into the final sector with 3 guys approaching fast thanks to the boost and strong slipstream. I braked extremely early and the 3 guys behind flew past, tried to cut the final chicane with too much speed and wrecked big time. As one guy was spinning back on to the track just before the finish line, along I came at speed, about 8ft in the air tilted at a huge angle from skipping the bumpy grassy section, right across the spinning car's nose, landing by the finish line on two wheels and snatching the win. I must have watched that replay a dozen times.

A couple of PSN friends used to host a room of sheep and wolves. Everyone used to take a tuned Daihatsu Copen, while 1st and 2nd place from the previous race would take the Citreon GT Race Car. The aim was for the Citroens to take out the field and the Copens had to try and win by any means possible. Those were good times.
Have a youtube account?

I found the dirty rooms in GT5 were great fun. They were much better on shuffle though as you never knew what you were going to be driving. God heaven help everyone if someone got the Dodge RAM! :lol:
ARE YOU BATMAN?

I get livid when "clean and fair" race lobbies get ruined by one or two dirty racers, but an intentionally dirty race sounds like brilliant fun, I haven't actually entered one before though, I might do so later today.
I encouraged a host to have a 16 player, 16 lap kei race at Matterhorn short with qualifying and everything (something that nobody had ever done yet nor been willing to do since). It was going to be a clean race, everything was going great and I had qualified near the front of the pack. Guess what happens on the first corner? I and 1 other are rammed off the track with no hope of ever catching up.
:mad:
Piss did boil that day.

I've been trying to host a Daytona wet unlimited no-assists NASCAR dirty room for a while, but nobody entered. Rather paradoxically, very few people join a lobby that only has one person in it, so exactly how lobbies get filled is beyond me, magic, momentum and luck seems to be the ticket.

Dirty racing can be really fun at times but sadly I don't do it anymore. It was epic with shuffle though and I see no reason to tune a car up for 1 race.

Me and a bunch of lads I used to race with on gt5 used to do a 'British bulldog' type thing.

One person would start as a basher, in any car (bar redbull) he saw fit, with the rest of the guys as racers in 500pp CS Road cars.

3 laps, the last person to cross the finish line turns into a basher, and you keep going until there is only one racer left, and deemed the winner.

Absolutely hilarious and a great 'wind down' after a couple of hours of hard (serious) racing.

Edit

TGTT was best for this with added carnage at the crossover point.

My preferred basher car was a max tuned r34 safety car with the lights.

I'm presently enamored of NASCAR racing and find that the clean rooms often contain too many whiners who boot you if you make a mistake that causes a crash, though if it's one of their friends that causes the wreck, they find it funny. DIrty NASCAR, on the other hand, seems to attract a lot of pretty good drivers who employ individual tactics, and as long as no one's driving backwards, it presents an enjoyable challenge. Dirty driving on road courses though holds no attraction for me whatsoever.

I had some great (though at times aggravating and terrifying) dirty and mercyless racing in a packed room last night, no driving lines or ASM allowed, track vote, no rules except for drive forwards and don't park on the track, winner chooses next race's PP limit. 16 insane people ploughing through the infields of Silverstone to cut corners or ram eachother is a real hoot. However, it would be much fairer, and save my hundreds of thousands of credits spent on tuning and RS tyres if shuffle racing could return promptly.

I do dirty racing. Usually I join winner pick performance point rooms.
I enjoy it. If you are a fairly good driver after a few minutes you should be far ennough ahead of people who only wreck people and don't go for the win where those people should not be a problem.
impossible, considering most if not all dirty rooms have high boost on!

Back