disinfected's cars - The new car test driving commences.

disinfected

It's just a prank, bro!
Premium
United States
STL
disinfected
disinfected
Unfortunately had to trade in my beloved Spec-V...but here's this! Brand new '11

IMG_1393.jpg

IMG_1394.jpg

IMG_1359.jpg

IMG_1353.jpg
IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1360.jpg

Last edited:
Didn't those spec V sentras have some problems? BTW, nice looking altima, sporty looks, though that rear quarter doesn't really do it for me.

It was either pay a boatload to fix the transmission, or trade it with no negative on a zero-percent interest loan on a new Altima. ;)

More than I'm willing to pay, considering I was ready to trade it soon anyways.

Right now trying to decide on a set of wheels for the car...so many possibilities.

You never answered my question before. This a 3.5?

This isn't the 3.5, it's the 2.5 QR25, same engine as my SE-R, and it's actually lighter. For the price of an '11 3.5 premium I'd have opted for the 370z.

This isn't the 3.5, it's the 2.5 QR25, same engine as my SE-R, and it's actually lighter. For the price of an '11 3.5 premium I'd have opted for the 370z.

True, depending on what you use your cars for. If it's just a daily, I'd opt for the 3.5 Altima Coupe SR with the 6-speed. If I planned on doing track days, then I'd spring for the Z.

I wanted something new, and had a set budget. Couldn't really pass up the deal. We also have a 2004 Civic, so something with two doors was tempting.

disinfected
I wanted something new, and had a set budget. Couldn't really pass up the deal. We also have a 2004 Civic, so something with two doors was tempting.

Nice car. I do like those. Was it employee pricing when you got it?

Employee pricing started the following week. I did get a 0% interest loan from a special program for making at least 12 consistent payments on another Nissan.

disinfected
Employee pricing started the following week. I did get a 0% interest loan from a special program for making at least 12 consistent payments on another Nissan.

Ahhh dang. 0% isn't too bad a deal either though.

Might I add that Nissan's Super Black is the WORST, hardest to take care of black paint in history? My car looks three years old instead of three months.

Black is not a good color if you live in places where it'll get dirty often.

I would put a good coat of wax on it next time you wash it. That might help. (Clay bar too)

It's not really the dirt that is the issue. It scratches if you bump into it with a soft cloth.

disinfected
It's not really the dirt that is the issue. It scratches if you bump into it with a soft cloth.

R1600Turbo
Clay bar and wax. ;)

Yes clay bar. I detail your car regularly for my job as a matter of fact. Wash it first though before the clay bar or it will scratch really bad!

Wash and rinse it then take the clay bar while the car is still wet and just run it over anywhere that feels rough. After that wax it and your good to go. Black isn't bad if you maintain it, it's when it gets neglected it looks bad.

Paint woes continue...now my paint is starting to reveal tiny little acidic-looking patches all over the hood, roof, and doors. Taking it in Monday morning to see what's up.

Last edited:
Back