Do you believe in God?

• Thread starter Patrik
  • 24,083 comments

Do you believe in god?

• Of course, without him nothing would exist!

Votes: 616 30.5%
  • Maybe.

Votes: 368 18.2%
  • No way!

Votes: 1,035 51.3%

• Total voters
Im learning about this in religous studies... yay

I believe, no there is no God unless I see proof.

But there are many theorys to this like the big bang etc :indiff:

I dont tend to mix into religion as its rather perplexed for me :dunce:

Im learning about this in religous studies... yay

I believe, no there is no God unless I see proof.

But there are many theorys to this like the big bang etc :indiff:

I dont tend to mix into religion as its rather perplexed for me :dunce:
The thing I've learned the most when asking for proof of God is that most of the time, people will not believe he exists because of solid evidence, but that they have faith that he exists.

Reventón;3179292
The thing I've learned the most when asking for proof of God is that most of the time, people will not believe he exists because of solid evidence, but that they have faith that he exists.

Religion is confusing thats all I have to say :ill:

well.. they say that he created the world in 7 days, and he created man as his own image. every time I look in the mirror, I think that he did a damn good job! :D

Theorys like God and science created the existance (big bang)
Or its just science vise versa

Firstly, be aware that this is the sort of thread that catches moderator attention, and will be closed if it resorts to name-calling.

Secondly, no, I do not believe in God. However, I could be all wrong about this, and my non-belief in God is why the Universe hates me so.

I'd like to belive that there is a God, but I'd like to think that the big bang was because he lit one of his farts. I'd also like to belive that he came upon this planet, thought "Hey, this seems like a nice place" and gave a little pond of mud the spark of life. I do not belive he made us in his own image.

Personally I believe in god. I've gone through periods in my life where I wasn't really sure but some of the things that I've seen happen to others, and some much less significant things in my life, have kept my faith.

Im not one to ever say never and I like to keep an open mind but, no.

I can't accept the idea of a higher being that has written a tapestry so rich and complicated.
I refuse to disagree with evidence about how it all began and how we are all here.
I just dont think there is anything up there. No matter how grim that sounds.

Scary poll results so far.

How is it scary?

Personally I think that religous mostly just causes conflict and I don't feel compelled to believe in something that hasn't been prooved to exist.

EDIT: I agree 100% with Only_In_F1.

I believe god created the universe and then sat on the corner and has been seeing what we do but letting us evolve on our own.

I believe in God. I believe that he created the Universe, and all of life. I also believe in evolution and that He controls how different organisms evolve over time.

I do not believe in god, although I like life so much that I'm hoping my spirit lives on in another way.

I can't say I believe in God, thinking of God as a person. I certainly believe in some higher force out there that controls our life to an extent but I can't pin it down what it is. Everything has a reason, something is controlling the turns of life. I have no idea what that "something" is but I firmly believe it exists.

I believe god created the universe and then sat on the corner and has been seeing what we do but letting us evolve on our own.

I have the same belief than you.

In my belief, He created a ball of energy and matter and then left it alone. That ball exploded (Big Bang), and erupted in all that we know until today.

I have faith and believe in God, Jesus and mostly in Mother Mary.

"Poll Options:
Do you believe in god?
Of course, without him nothing would excist!
Maybe.
No way!"

Wouldn't it be more correct to have a simple "Yes", "No" and "Other: elaborate", for example?

I'm about to vote, and my answer will be "no". Though I read the "No way!" answer and I feel almost as if I'm answering "Eeew, gross!!!"... :rolleyes:

Reason I don't believe is mostly because a real existing (don't confuse with 'excisting') God would never allow a lot of things to happen the way they do; good people punished for their goodness, bad people rewarded with wealth and long life for their despicable actions.
Plus, the whole "worship" thing doesn't cut it for me either, I fin'd it much like a circus, a play or a puppet show. And a bad one at that.

The tangible side of the question is also a part of it, though not as important, at least to me. Because I believe we're not alone in the universe despite never having seen any hard evidence of it.

Nope. Not that I particularly wanted to shout "No Way!", as I'm a little more open minded than that, but I never have been, probably never will be religious.

Wouldn't it be more correct to have a simple "Yes", "No" and "Other: elaborate", for example?

I'm about to vote, and my answer will be "no". Though I read the "No way!" answer and I feel almost as if I'm answering "Eeew, gross!!!"...

Exactly. 👍

Last edited:
Back