Do you still support PD?

• Thread starter Ameer67
  • 324 comments

Do you still support PD?

• Total voters
It's completely off topic and not in the spirit of this thread to say, "Yes/no I support GT, and my alternative is [insert game here]" That makes no sense at all obviously. :dunce:

I think you support PD. The work you put into undocumented change threads is very much supporting them. All this 'pCars this, grid auto sport that' rhetoric you throw around is probably just peer pressure from Toko.

I absolutely support PD. Every game they have made which I have experienced has brought enjoyment to my life.

I know they have made some mistakes here and there but they aren't perfect, none of us are, so it's fine by me.

Besides the money I have spent on their games has been given back to me multiple times over in their generous free dlc, and as I said before the enjoyment I get from playing their games.

Just because all of the cars don't sound as goood as they could, or some aren't as detailed as others does not mean that I will stop supporting them. That's such a minor defect to abandon the series for.

I mean just think of it this way. If you had a B-E-A-UTIFUL wife and she couldn't sing well, would you say "Oh I can't be with you anymore, I want a divorce because you can't sing well."

I absolutely support PD. Every game they have made which I have experienced has brought enjoyment to my life.

I know they have made some mistakes here and there but they aren't perfect, none of us are, so it's fine by me.

Besides the money I have spent on their games has been given back to me multiple times over in their generous free dlc, and as I said before the enjoyment I get from playing their games.

Just because all of the cars don't sound as goood as they could, or some aren't as detailed as others does not mean that I will stop supporting them. That's such a minor defect to abandon the series for.

I mean just think of it this way. If you had a B-E-A-UTIFUL wife and she couldn't sing well, would you say "Oh I can't be with you anymore, I want a divorce because you can't sing well."
A marriage analogy eh?

What if you had a wife, that was beautiful sometimes, and other times not and she's really starting to show her age? She was cranky some days, some days she didn't work at all. She kept giving you stuff but it wasn't the stuff you wanted. She didn't keep all of her promises and those she kept, she would just deliver on them whenever she felt like it. 13 months ago she said she'd redecorate the living room and still hasn't gotten around to it. Her voice is whiny and screechy and not at all pleasant and she kept promising to work on it but never got around to it in 15 years.

Meanwhile you see other wives that are still beautiful, have a voice like an angel, work hard and give their husbands the stuff they really want on a regular basis. Best of all, they don't cost any more to date and marry than your current wife.

Now what?:lol:

Very good point^ GT is definitely starting to show it's age. Look how far behind all the other racing sims PD is, as far as offering an immersive playing experience. And sadly it's only a few details keeping the game from what it really should be. I really hope GT7 is ground breaking, a totally new experience. It has to be in order to keep the franchise alive, because now more than ever, PD is starting to hear all the criticisms and problems with their game. I just get this feeling that PD is "As the crow flies" if you will. Will not deviate from their current path, and the path they've been on for the last 2 decades now..

A marriage analogy eh?

What if you had a wife, that was beautiful sometimes, and other times not and she's really starting to show her age? She was cranky some days, some days she didn't work at all. She kept giving you stuff but it wasn't the stuff you wanted. She didn't keep all of her promises and those she kept, she would just deliver on them whenever she felt like it. 13 months ago she said she'd redecorate the living room and still hasn't gotten around to it. Her voice is whiny and screechy and not at all pleasant and she kept promising to work on it but never got around to it in 15 years.

Meanwhile you see other wives that are still beautiful, have a voice like an angel, work hard and give their husbands the stuff they really want on a regular basis. Best of all, they don't cost any more to date and marry than your current wife.

Tinder

No not really, for reasons that aren't purely emotional like some have on both sides but due to reality of their objective goal and not being on par with that of the rest of the industry. However, I'm a massive fan of the game and still have lingering support that they'll not only get back to the top of the ladder, but also be innovative like they once were and stop pretending that at times the world is in 1997 still. The vibe that people whimsically talk about with GT hasn't been there since the last iteration, and it just washed out with this one.

Overall I'm still neutral which is funny considering how critical I've been on the forums since joining.

A marriage analogy eh?

smiley-laughing011.gif
..........Sounds like that's from a personal experience there, @Johnnypenso.....
Hmm "give their husbands the stuff they really want on a regular basis"....is that a euphemism or something?? ;)

A marriage analogy eh?

My gripes with the GT series are basic that's why I used that analogy. Others though, have a lot of issues with the game.

I basically mean that just because I wish there were better sounds and more "premium" cars doesn't mean that I'm going to stop supporting the series. GT hasn't done anything to me that holds an identical weight to the wife analogy you gave. LOL. The wife example I used just didn't have the best voice or looks, but otherwise delivered an experience that I personally was happy with. Everyone is different.

I would hope that some would spend enough time in courtship to REALLY figure out if they want to marry someone.

The problem I think PD has is that I think for so many years they were content with having the best physics simulator on a console, and during all that time they were content Kaz started exploring other possibilities such as GTA. He really has made something special there mind you.

GT was always the best sim for me on console, sorry to say but just on FFB and in game physics it destroys Forza. Forza on the other hand had better idea's for a driving, racing game/sim. All PD had to do was listen to the community many years ago on the future development of GT for better idea's, it's a shame they decide to listen now after they have lost so many fan's. GT doesnt need graphics that is beyond the system's capabilities, it needs a solid stable platform so lobbies can hold a full 16 car grid with smooth gameplay. If they reduced the high detail graphics a little with further optimization they could probably hold 20 cars easily on PS3. TBH I really doubt that the PS4 will make that much of a difference because the developers always use the extra power to make the game look good.

I wish PD luck and I believe they will make a come back, it's just atm PC sim's are way ahead of the game right now, but I guess they will still hold the title best console sim if pCARS cannot beat GT6 in the physics department but something tells me it will. Sometimes I wonder if PD started making changes because of the threat from Slightly Mad Studio's because I don't think Forza made any impact on any of the GT series evidently.

Last edited:
I voted no as I will not be supporting PD financially (by buying GT7) or supporting them morally, I don't like the way things are being done. I don't like the direction the GT series has gone/is going and for the last few months I have been enjoying my switch to PC sim racing, and loving it!

However, if somebody wanted to get into sim racing and has a PS3 or PS4, I would recommend the GT series no problem, I think anybody new to sim racing would love GT just as I did when I first started out with my Logitech DF Pro clamped to my ironing board!

I can see why a lot of sim racers still love GT and PD but it's just not for me anymore...

Logged in just to post in this thread.

My first experience with PD was playing GT2 in 2000. I had never owned a gaming console as a child and as a young adult my first console purchase was made because I enjoyed this game so much. Over the next 15 years I went on to purchase the PS2 and PS3 for the sole purpose of playing the next 5 versions of Gran Turismo and Tourist Trophy. Aside from one Call of Duty and a couple MotoGP games, my interest was only in the GT franchise games.

In December I made a choice on which platform I would purchase and support through the next cycle. It was not the Playstation 4.

I voted no as I will not be supporting PD financially (by buying GT7) or supporting them morally, I don't like the way things are being done. I don't like the direction the GT series has gone/is going and for the last few months I have been enjoying my switch to PC sim racing, and loving it!

However, if somebody wanted to get into sim racing and has a PS3 or PS4, I would recommend the GT series no problem, I think anybody new to sim racing would love GT just as I did when I first started out with my Logitech DF Pro clamped to my ironing board!

I can see why a lot of sim racers still love GT and PD but it's just not for me anymore...

I made the switch to PC sim racing back in November and haven't touched GT6 since. That's not a knock on Kaz and PD, as I'd loved everything about GT6 up till that point, but now I can't stop playing Assetto Corsa. GT6 is still one of the best driving games out there, especially for those new to racing (or just regular gamers). PC gaming allows more customisation and user generated content. I switched to PC as I have a G27 wheel and didn't want to wait for the unlikely PS4 support.

All that said, I do miss the vast selection of cars and tracks from PD. I dare say I'll be putting a few laps on the Focus ST at Willow Springs later tonight!

I made the switch to PC sim racing back in November and haven't touched GT6 since. That's not a knock on Kaz and PD, as I'd loved everything about GT6 up till that point, but now I can't stop playing Assetto Corsa. GT6 is still one of the best driving games out there, especially for those new to racing (or just regular gamers). PC gaming allows more customisation and user generated content. I switched to PC as I have a G27 wheel and didn't want to wait for the unlikely PS4 support.

I switched for the same reasons, but to be honest it was just the excuse I was looking for! Assetto Corsa has blown me away, I can't believe how different the force feedback feels compared to the PS3 sims/games.

Ironically though, it looks like I'm going to have to upgrade to a T300GTE anyway, my G27 is starting to misbehave. No problem though, been thinking of upgrading anyway to experience the next gen FFB wheels on the PC sims!

Last edited:
Their disconnection from the fanbase is concerning while that continues I cant 'support' them. Doesn't mean I wont buy any future GT as long as it looks good but they are no longer as automatically pre-ordered like they used to be.

I mostly support them. Since GT1 i've been playing the series and they've come a long way since then.

As for GT6, I love how they keep bringing new cars to the game, and how they pretty much gifted amazing cars and cash during the holiday season!

The main thing i'd want to see changed is their fan interaction, as the Q&A promise that never came true, and missing features in GT6 (i'd love B-Spec, Course Maker and the ability to put my own vinyls on cars)

But then again, they might be saving amazing features for GT7 and i think i'll buy the PS4 for that main reason!

So, results after about a month later:

upload_2015-1-30_23-3-55.png

My conclusions:
  • PD has its dedicated followers.
  • More people support PD than those who don't.
  • The number of fence-sitters is nearly the same as those who mostly support PD and those who don't support PD much.
  • Only a small portion of people have completely lost it with PD.

Interesting result.

Bearing in mind the poll commenced within 24 hours of Jordan mothballing the Q&A board, it seems to highlight there is a fairly silent majority at GTP who support the GT series, which is probably not the impression you would get when reading some of the threads here.

Interesting result.

Bearing in mind the poll commenced within 24 hours of Jordan mothballing the Q&A board, it seems to highlight there is a fairly silent majority at GTP who support the GT series, which is probably not the impression you would get when reading some of the threads here.

I commented on that a while back in the thread:

That's not really fair to level that sort of criticism at GTP: it extends to many other things. Those that find something sub-par tend to be more vocal about it than those that appreciate it or even just tolerate it. The easy example: you tend to hear more about peoples' relationship problems than you do all the good things.

The results are roughly what I'd expect too: an average GT game (in place of a genuinely great one, like the PS2 era) is still a good driving game. There's a good chance a lot of casuals don't even know about the still-missing features, and there's an equally good chance the more ardent fans will tolerate a lot more supposed missteps by PD. Of course, the number of people that answered the poll is still only a tiny fraction of the GTP userbase, which itself is only a tiny fraction of the GT userbase. It'll never be conclusive, and one could make estimates work either way.

What will be interesting, though? GT7's sales figures.

Back