Do You Think December 21 2012 is The End Of The World?

Do you believe that the armageddon will come in 2012?

• Yeah!!

Votes: 29 6.8%
  • Maybe..

Votes: 17 4.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 33 7.7%
  • Nope!!!

Votes: 341 80.0%
  • I'll tell you tomorrow.... :scared:

Votes: 6 1.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the way the mayne's translation has also been confused and isn't certain on "the world". In one doctamentry i saw a few months ago (watched it because nothing else was on haha) one of today's myane said that it was the end of the third world not the world by its self. One thing that was recorded was the events through out history that made these predictions so famous. And if i am correct the third world is America. But over this amount of time this could have gotten mixed up and it could be the end of the world or the third world. But in all reality who knows if it is true or not. If it is or not we are along for the ride enjoy it while it lasts. I am not worried to much either way

I honestly don't believe that the world will end this year. Maybe when the sun dies, but that isn't for billions of years.

What's the deal with the assumption that the world ends just because the mayan calendar does? Isn't it a lot more plausible that they simply thought it was unnecessary to continue with it forever?

The Mayan calendar doesn't end though. The whole belief about the world ending is nothing more than some New Age crap.

December 12 better not be the end of the world. I just got Premium yesterday!
Don't worry, you have a few more days to enjoy your premium membership. Nothing will happen on December 12. :P

There's an interesting blog post here on the odds of various destruction scenarios happening. Coronal Mass Ejection taking down power in large areas is most likely at 1/10, but the author does state that this depends on it being a massive CME and a direct hit on Earth to cause any serious problems.

Various odds:

Large CME: 1/10
Pole reversal: 1/10,000
Supervolcano: 1/100
Gamma Ray Burst: 1/100,000,000
"Galactic alignment": Zero

Galactic alignment is a favourite of the Mayan-destruction-nutter crowd, but tellingly it's also the biggest load of rubbish of all the theories.

Joey D
The Mayan calendar doesn't end though. The whole belief about the world ending is nothing more than some New Age crap.

Bit like the large hadron colider at CERN suposidly creating a black whole that would kill us all. Anyway, why does everyone trust the judgements of a ancient race?

I think some crazy things will happen, but it won't be the end of the world. (although I wouldn't mind) :dopey:

Each day that passes brings us one day closer to the end. Thus, every end-of-world prediction is more probable than the last.

Most "end-of-world predictions" have already passed. None of those is "more probable than the last," they're all equally redundant.

Each and every scenario in which a person or persons predict the end of the world is based on a lie or a delusion. The fact that 23 people have answered "Yeah!!!" is a humongous slap across the face of mankind. It is also evidence for the fact that the only current proof that infinity exists is via the scope of mankind's stupidity.

What if the world ends and explodes? We won't be able to reincarnate anymore. No planet earth, no life, nothing to reincarnate to. :scared:

It is the end of the world for me when I have an electricity blackout ... I can't live without my computer, internet, PS3, sound system and TV.

:lol: Imagine living without electricity for a year in this modern world, no mobile phone, no internet, no entertainment, what will happen ?

Ridox2JZGTE
:lol: Imagine living without electricity for a year in this modern world, no mobile phone, no internet, no entertainment, what will happen ?

No good food.

No lighting at night.

No alarm systems in stores.

Imagine all the murders and thefts!!

:scared:

May I add more, economy collapse, no bank, no monetary system, no factory, no dairy produce, no transportation, ...hell on earth ?

It is the end of the world for me when I have an electricity blackout ... I can't live without my computer, internet, PS3, sound system and TV.

So you don't have books, board games or enjoy a walk outside? With real people?

No good food.

No lighting at night.

Murders and thefts are child's play for you, ain't it Mr. Bellic? :sly: I assume you play GTA4, otherwise why would you have that username? :sly:

No good food.

No lighting at night.

I have watched a hypothetical simulation where people's living suddenly gets out of electricity in a certain programme featuring about the "crisis of our civilization and our life" on TV before, and it said that without an electricity the circulation of people's live stops about 30 days or so after cutting off the supply of it completely. :crazy:

Last edited:
So you don't have books, board games or enjoy a walk outside? With real people?

I might do those, but if the blackout is for long period of time, things could get worse for me, it is easier said than done to live without electricity ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back