Do you want Endurance Race in Seasonal Events?

Discussion in 'GT5 Seasonal Events' started by GTdarjan, Feb 17, 2012.

1. GTdarjan

Croatia Krapina
    PSN:darjankonjic

My suggestions are Spa-Francorchamp 6 Hours Endurance Race (there is changed Weather, but no Time) and Daytona 500 miles, A-spec of course!
  2. killer tiller

Australia Sydney
    PSN:bentlr666

No thanks, done enough endurance races and only have the 2 24hr races to go and couldn't be bothered doing them lol
  3. i agree. i haven't done 9hrs either. too long.
  4. mcsimfan

Columbus/OH
    PSN:mcartt11

I haven't done any of the endurance races. They are the worst part of the game for me. I do like the idea of longer races, but around 1 hour is where I would draw the line. Anything over that I really lose interest. Even 1 hour would be too long if the race isn't close.
  5. Magik300

Bath
    PSN:Magik300

2 hours mark would be the best for me.
  6. SlyckTires

UK
    PSN:SlyckTires

7. porthillking

England England
    PSN:porthillking

Maybe, i would do 500 miles of daytona, but definately not 6 hours of spa.
  8. Phoenix

Premium
    Norway Ålesund
    PSN:McSoap-90

Endurance in seasonal events? No thanks...

But new A-spec endurance races? Yes please! :dopey:
    Spa 24 hr. :D
  9. TheCracker

Premium
    South Korea North Korea
    PSN:GTP_TC / gtp_dan

Although i'd never bother competing in them, i think Seasonal endurance races would be a good idea. Especially if they were released to coincide with real life endurance events.
  10. TSTestPilot

Aruba The Beach
    PSN:TheStigTestPilot

No...'nuff said.
  11. Cowboys965

United States Connecticut
    PSN:Cowboys965

Maybe FGT Indy 500? Daytona 500? LeMons?
  12. Rotorist

Greece Patra
    PSN:Rotorist

Of course an endurance in SPA is welcomed. Since they don't integrate A-spec seasonals into GT-Life A-spec...
  13. Dumpy

United States Austin, Tx, USA
    PSN:GTP_Dumpy

14. Thetruth28

United States California
    PSN:Thatswackson

nope, i dont even bother with the endurance races in A-spec. The shorter ones are fine but 9 hour, 24 hours, no thanks.
  15. JogoAsobi

Premium
    None In a desert
    PSN:JogoAsobi

Same here.

Although I would welcome some 20 lap races for the neglected FGTs, and Ferrari F1s on real past and present F1-rated circuits like Fujii, Monaco, Monza, Nurburgring, Suzuka, and Spa (excuse me if I forgot some). Indy Road, Daytona Road, and Nordschleife would be fun too.
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  16. swilso13

Australia NSW
    PSN:stewwilson72

No, same as the others, I tried to make it interesting for the 1000k's at Suzuka, but ended up a couple of laps in front and it was boring. Won't be doing the others.
  17. cbarbosa

Premium
    Lost...
    PSN:CkarL

:tdown: Honestly no...

But events like the B-Spec Sarthe/Spa with big payouts and Exp would be nice...
    Last edited: Feb 17, 2012
  18. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

Yes! That would be awesome!
  19. Emptyone

United Kingdom Exeter
    PSN:Emptyone-77

Maybe if there were races from around the 45 minute to hour mark or perhaps and hour and a half, these providing they were close would provide something missing in A-Spec. Not really endurance races, but 20-30 lap races that are the intermediate between the short ones in normal seasonals and endurances in A-Spec. I would like to see these implemented. Maybe you could put a poll up to see what people want ?
  20. Dazmeister22

Ireland Dublin
    PSN:hoolidaz

I agree. 20-30 laps is just right. Not too short, not too long. The AI would have to be good though, to keep it interesting.
  21. Emptyone

United Kingdom Exeter
    PSN:Emptyone-77

Maybe with the arcade mode pro difficulty with full aggression, that could be possible, one can but hope
  22. BlueGT

Canada Québec
    PSN:nuke4U

Yes, yes and yes:tup:

Would love too. I've completed the last 3 races A-Spec event in 15min so...an endurance would last a lill longer:sly:

I would have said no back then when I just did the endurances in GT mode but that's a looong time ago. I'd say: "Bring it on"!
  23. VTiRoj

Premium
    United Kingdom Barrow in Furness
    PSN:RoJJieE

I agree with the guys suggesting it to be 45 mins to an hour maximum. I like endurance races but I don't like to be bored. 45 minutes is a nice amount of time for a seasonal endurance race I feel. In that time you could probably do 5 or 6 laps of the Nurburgring (depending on speed), 25 laps of Spa, or whatever track you like.
  24. TankAss95

Scotland United Kingdom
    PSN:TankAss95

Yeah, I really don't see the point in really long races in Gran Turismo. There's no real point to them - only the hardcore gamers do them and they usually just do them not for fun but to complete the game.
    I would maybe attempt a longer race if there was a sweet prize to be won, but Gran Turismo has always seemed too consistent for endurance races to me - it all feels to similar. Changing weather and degrading fuel/tires isn't enough, we need more variables to keep it interesting in my opinion.
  25. CanadianFroggy

Canada Grande Prairie
    PSN:CanadianFroggy

Forty minutes to 90 minute races... but no so much for a 24 hour race...
    The races in the rain were good.

Some rally seasonal races would be nice too... And historic cars... etc.
  26. crowhop

United States Greenville/SC/USA
    PSN:GTP_crowhop

There are only nine A-Spec events in the entire game where tire wear and fuel economy are even a factor. Nine is a pathetically low number.
    Any event which incorporates pit strategy would be welcomed by me.
    B-Spec has 18 events plus the Seasonals.
    Last edited: Feb 18, 2012
  27. billers

UK
    PSN:billers2008

45 mins to an hour is probably the best compromise for most. I like to see also a change in pp rating like 575 and 625 or something different. I wish there was a way to have gt3+4 class races only in gt5, the thought of an hour at spa with vipers and vettes is amazing!!
  28. Derock17

Finland Turku
    PSN:Jouni17

If the prize would be close to insanity :p
  29. SlyckTires

UK
    PSN:SlyckTires

What we really need is an event creator, so you can make your own.

Say
    1. Set a time or lap count
    2. Set the pp/tyre range for AI
    3. Set max pp/tyres for player
    4. Rewards determined automatically by difficulty (plus bonus for using an under pp car)
    5. Ability to share with friends
  30. cbarbosa

Premium
    Lost...
    PSN:CkarL

:tup: Excellent.
Next Page »