Do you want to feel nostalgia again? Go here!

• Thread starter jontikis
  • 33 comments
Greece
Aegina
Willful-Underdog
The best way to do it is to remind you some of the intros of Gran Turismo. So let's start:

Gran Turismo 1
(1997-1998, PlayStation 1)

Gran Turismo 2 (1998-1999, PlayStation 1)

Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec (2001, PlayStation 2)

Gran Turismo 4 (2005, PlayStation 2)

NOTE: I didn't want to include only PAL versions. I just posted the best intro for each game.

I didn't add the GT5/GT6 intros because I'm sure you remember them (also the media option won't let me post 6 videos :D)

ENJOY! :cool: 👍 :gtpflag:

Last edited:
Moon Over Castle Intros > *.*

Ugh that terrible music they chose for the US release was so, SOOOO bad. Moon Over Castle makes the intro.

Although, on GT2, its really a toss up. THey re-edited the US release, and the Cardigans is a great fit.

Then they had to go and screw it back up with GT3 again, with more horrible, and absolutely out of sync music, and Moon Over Castle is again the best into.

Then they FUBARed the US release with fricken "Panama", whoever had that idea i hope has been fired.

Again, Moon Over Castle >>>>>> *.*

Last edited:
The Japanese intro for GT2 blew me away after being so accustomed to the PAL version, I think I'll attempt to make a sort of table of my opinions now. (probably going to be a spacebar nightmare) Edit: yep, most of my spaces were deleted, that was a waste of time lining it up
(:cool:=I really dig it, :bowdown:=Newfound admiration, :)=I like this, :grumpy:=I don't like this, :ouch:=You started the music at the worst possible time!, :dunce:=Song choice didn't fit at all :cheers:=US&Europe finally got the same, very good intro)
|||||JP US PAL
GT1:bowdown: :grumpy: :grumpy:
GT2:bowdown: :) :cool:
GT3 :cool: :ouch: :cool:
GT4 :cool: :dunce: :)
GT5 :cool: :cheers:
_____\ | /
GT5II _ :cool:
GT6 ___ :cool:

The best way to do it is to remind you some of the intros of Gran Turismo. So let's start:

Gran Turismo 1
(1997-1998, PlayStation 1)

Gran Turismo 2 (1998-1999, PlayStation 1)

Gran Turismo 3 (2001, PlayStation 2)

Gran Turismo 4 (2005, PlayStation 2)

NOTE: I didn't want to include only PAL versions. I just posted the best intro for each game.

I didn't add the GT5/GT6 intros because I'm sure you remember them (also the media option won't let me post 6 videos :D)

ENJOY! :gtpflag:👍 :cool:

I don't want to go totally ot but you made me go full nostalgia.
You never go full nostalgia.

I think that this game is where Kaz took the idea of 24min races.

The US GT3 opening has always been it for me. Either way in all of them, when the valve closes, the plug sparks and the choir starts...Idk whether to get goosebumps or an erection. But, I just enjoy the US version the most, because I like kravitz.

Gran Turismo 3 (HD) / Intro:

The Japanese intro for GT2 blew me away after being so accustomed to the PAL version, I think I'll attempt to make a sort of table of my opinions now. (probably going to be a spacebar nightmare) Edit: yep, most of my spaces were deleted, that was a waste of time lining it up
(:cool:=I really dig it, :bowdown:=Newfound admiration, :)=I like this, :grumpy:=I don't like this, :ouch:=You started the music at the worst possible time!, :dunce:=Song choice didn't fit at all :cheers:=US&Europe finally got the same, very good intro)
|||||JP US PAL
GT1:bowdown: :grumpy: :grumpy:
GT2:bowdown: :) :cool:
GT3 :cool: :ouch: :cool:
GT4 :cool: :dunce: :)
GT5 :cool: :cheers:
_____\ | /
GT5II _ :cool:
GT6 ___ :cool:
Almost all of them are the same for me except GT1 PAL and US which is :)
BTW why US Get's the worst intro between all? (but still some are good)

We should do a poll on the best intro:

Gran Turismo 1 JP
Gran Turismo 1 US/PAL

Gran Turismo 2 JP
Gran turismo 2 US
Gran Turismo 2 Pal

Gran Turismo 3 JP
Gran turismo 3 US
Gran Turismo 3 PAL

Gran Turismo 4 JP
Gran Turismo 4 US
Gran Turismo 4 PAL

Gran Turismo 5 1.0 JP
Gran Turismo 5 1.0 US/PAL
Gran Turismo 5 2.0 Spec (worldwide based on what you said)

Gran Turismo 6 1.0
Gran Turismo 6 1.01
(Yes the 1.0 has a shorter version intro of 1.01)

You know what i will do it right now.
---------------------------
BTW that Leman 24H Reminds me back when i went to the arcade game section in a mall.

I felt a bit of nostalgia earlier today. So I bought GT and GT2 in Japanes and in US version. The postage prices were expensive...

I've heard that GT2000 is really expensive. If I were to find it, would it be worth buying?

I've heard that GT2000 is really expensive. If I were to find it, would it be worth buying?

I have a copy, apparently its 1 of 50 or so. Personally I don't think it was that limited otherwise it would be worth much more than they sell for, not that they are cheap or anything. I remember a copy hitting eBay a few months ago and it quickly sold for an undisclosed amount, but it was relatively high. I know there are a few collectors on this site who have a copy, though some are now inactive. Regardless, its a rare game and I would personally try to find a copy just for that aspect of owning a limited demo for one of the most notable and popular game series on the PlayStation console.

Moon Over Castle Intros > *.*

Ugh that terrible music they chose for the US release was so, SOOOO bad. Moon Over Castle makes the intro.

Matter of opinion.

The PAL intro to GT1 is favoured by many as far as I've seen, that "terrible music" might not be to your liking but I could say the same about Moon Over the Castle. Not everybody likes that classic rock sound, it doesn't get the blood pumping or give your skin goosebumps like the PAL intro.

So in my opinion the PAL version is very energetic and fits the video and mood well, whereas the japanese intro song seems more suited to a 1970's TV game-show.

To each their own I guess...

Matter of opinion.

The PAL intro to GT1 is favoured by many as far as I've seen, that "terrible music" might not be to your liking but I could say the same about Moon Over the Castle. Not everybody likes that classic rock sound, it doesn't get the blood pumping or give your skin goosebumps like the PAL intro.

So in my opinion the PAL version is very energetic and fits the video and mood well, whereas the japanese intro song seems more suited to a 1970's TV game-show.

To each their own I guess...

To me the PAL intro is disjointed, out of sync, and has absolutely no flow to it. Were as on the NTSC/J intro, the video is edited directly to Moon Over Castle, and all of the action beats and cuts fit the song perfectly, and it flows seamlessly from one to the next.

I suppose a large part of my bias is having played GT1 on Japanese import ling before it came to the US, and it was the first thing I ever heard that was quintessentially "Gran Turismo". As such it has always stuck to me as THE definitive theme song of GT. As has all of the original composed music of GT. And when I hear the alternate market versions with the licenced music in it, to me, it cheapens the experience, and makes it feel less unique, and somehow less special. Like its just another Need For Speed title with a big music library. Granted the music has always been a big part of the NFS franchise, and that is what people expect, and at the time, I am sure that played a big part in the decision to put licensed tracks in GT.

If you ever get the chance to play the NTSC/J version of GT1, 2, or 3, I highly recommend it, the music is exceptionally well done, and deserves specific mention. I find the feel of the games changes for the better without, or at least without as much, licensed music in it.
Music is of course always subjective, but as the whole vision of a game, the original music really should be experienced as it was intended.

Why PD Don't just throw all of Japanese, NTSC-U and PAL soundtracks together? It will make all the people happy about it.

I actually like the us versions (maybe because I'm american I don't know) but overall I think the GT2 US version was the best and I also think I would be cool if the gameplay scenes were replaced with ones from GT6

Why PD Don't just throw all of Japanese, NTSC-U and PAL soundtracks together? It will make all the people happy about it.

The costs of licensing the music outside of each country would be incredibly high. Purely as an example, lets say licensing an audio track in Japan is $50k, that same track in the US might be $150k, and 100k in the UK, and an $225k in the EU. As each different license rights holder has a different cost for each region of use. Now, logic should dictate that the total licensing cost should be $525k, but as the rights holders all realize that it is PD, and by proxy Sony, that is buying the music, they will charge $750k for all the regions, or license none of the regions at all. So it becomes easier to just localize the audio for each regions version of the game, so as to not have to deal with the stupidity of international content rights. The stupidity with which media content licensing is managed, is just downright stupid. Add to that the fact that music tastes differ greatly from place to place, and it wouldnt make sense to make it all the same.

That said though, why they dont have Moon Over Castle in all of the intros, as an alternate version, is beyond me.

The GT1 trailer was really good, the way it opened, the anticipation, the racing to come for me was very well done. All that was needed was shots of the crowd entering the track and filling the grandstands but the way it builds is very good.
Being the first game also helped as at first you don't know what the game will be like.

Good old times. When Gran Turismo used to be good. The gran Turismo I used to love! Can't go back in time, so better just move on and hold on to the good memories.

Good old times. When Gran Turismo used to be good. The gran Turismo I used to love! Can't go back in time, so better just move on and hold on to the good memories.
I did just that last night. Packaged up my PS3 to trade in. Been a LONG time GT fan but the series has just grown away from me. The standards really did not help at all. Had a lot of great memories with this series. I truly wish KY and PD the best of luck with GT on the PS4. Hopefully they can get all standards eventually converted to premiums and get all the other issues worked out. 👍 :cheers::gtpflag:

I did just that last night. Packaged up my PS3 to trade in. Been a LONG time GT fan but the series has just grown away from me. The standards really did not help at all. Had a lot of great memories with this series. I truly wish KY and PD the best of luck with GT on the PS4. Hopefully they can get all standards eventually converted to premiums and get all the other issues worked out. 👍 :cheers::gtpflag:
Really? Are you and MSTER232 the same person? Because that's exactly what they posted on the when was the last time you played GT6 thread

Back