Dodge/Mobil 1 Series GAD 100KM at Rome, room opens 12 pm est Sat

• Thread starter Ganon83
  • 332 comments
The "bounce-back" that I had from last weekend to today has me fired up. I will need some luck, but I'm not counting myself out of the championship just yet.

I'm hoping that we have a bigger turnout next weekend. This weekend was quite disappointing with only 7 drivers (and only 5 were legitimate contenders).

The "bounce-back" that I had from last weekend to today has me fired up. I will need some luck, but I'm not counting myself out of the championship just yet.

I'm hoping that we have a bigger turnout next weekend. This weekend was quite disappointing with only 7 drivers (and only 5 were legitimate contenders).

had polar stay and tweaked his settings he would have been quick, he ran a 36. dead,

had polar stay and tweaked his settings he would have been quick, he ran a 36. dead,

Heh, I'd say I ran an average of 35.5's with fresh tires, 36.1's with worn tires. My best lap was a 35.1. That's child's play compared to my lap times :sly:

I'm due for a win. I've finished no worse than 4th in 6 races, and I'm trailing RPH by 11 points. I'll need a lot of luck, but with two interesting races coming up (Rome, an unpredictable track as most of us are unfamiliar there with these kinds of cars, and the Indy endurance, where pit strategy plays a major role) it seems like I can make a move to both win and take the points lead.

To me, it seems like this can come down to a "Wins vs. Consistency" battle, kind of like Tony Stewart and Carl Edwards in the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup. RPH has 4 wins, and although I'm winless, I have stayed consistent all season. Hopefully, it plays out in Edwards' favor this time. :lol:

Hai guys, I would've liked to raced, but dad made me get off (one does not question dads decisions)

I will try to make this a few more times, can't garuntee though

if my dad told me to get off I would notify the authorities! mighty uncomfortable situation :lol:

I'm going to move this week's race to next week and next week's race to Superbowl Saturday as my parents will be going on vacation on Saturday night to Hawaii, and so I wanted to spend a little bit of time with them before they go. (And I'm very happy, I get the house to myself for a week :dopey: )
That, and I heard Nationwide might have some test this Saturday, so I know running a race may divide the grid.
Final thing, the news wrap up is being moved to Wednesday starting next week.

well that works, I wasn't able to make it this weekend anyway,

Aye, it does guys, it's just been a very hectic few days (My college semester started, it snowed two inches last night, and my car battery died yesterday so I was stuck at the college for hours waiting for a tow truck)
I won't be doing a wrap up just because there really isn't much news to report. The Rome race is still on for Saturday, if RPH wins Storm needs to finish top 5 to keep the points race going another week, and the starting order for the qually race will be randomized.

Half length, half points, and I still finished behind RPH. If only I didn't slam into that wall. :ouch:

Fun race nonetheless. :D

The interval between 1st and 2nd is 13 points now, right?

If I win the next race as well as qualifying on the pole, RPH will have to finish 9th or worse (given he doesn't lead a lap), although I doubt that will happen as we don't seem to have large grids. We only had 4 drivers this weekend!

The championship pretty much goes to RPH at this point. Was nice running the season with you guys, will hope for the best next weekend!

It all comes down to this, only hours until the green flag drops. I will hope for a big turnout and for some luck as that's likely the only way I can win this damn championship.

It's not over until it's over, and then it's really over.

Well thank god. I slept in until around now so I'm lucky. I really need to fix my sleep schedule. :ouch:

So I assume this concludes the Dodge/Mobil 1 Series? Sad to see it die out, this was a fun series. :(

Let's all just put the focus on Nascar Nationwide or whatever it ends up being called, as the pre-season race is already done and it looks like it's full of activity. :)

Back