does the logitech g27 wheel fully work with gran turismo 5?????

I just spent over $400 ordering the g27 wheel and wheelstand pro stand. Recently I've been reading online that the clutch doesn't work with gt5!!! I spent all that money to have the full experience, I don't wanna use the paddle shifters! Can someone confirm that the wheel fully works with gt5 (gas, break, clutch, shifter, etc..) Perhaps I can return it while I still have a chance.....

Everything works. You just can't remap any of the buttons in case you wanted to change them from default.

i have seen a few posts about the g27 being jacked by pd on purpose since its not the official wheel. you might want to look into that. but if youre that adamant against using paddles you really should have a more realistic mounting position for your shifter. that will hurt your experience just as much if youre searching for realism.

So why am I reading posts that you can chane gears without clutch? I don't care about the buttons ill just use my controller

You can if you use paddles.
If you use gearbox you need to use clutch.

It works like this... if you set to manual and use paddles, you'll be paddle shifting, if you use the shifter you'll be stick shifting, and if you use the clutch you'll be using the stick shift with the clutch. If you leave the stick in neutral and use a paddle you'll go back to paddle shifting, and you can change up any time you like.

As far as I can tell, being a G27 user and GT5 player, everything the G27 does is supported by GT5 (wheel lights, FFB, shifter, clutch)... but yes, you can't remap the buttons. So only the top 2 buttons on the wheel do anything (reverse look and something else, I don't really use 'em) so if mapping a bunch of things to your wheel is a big issue, sorry. If PD really didn't want people using the G27, I just have to imagine they'd have found a way to make it not work, so I really don't buy the whole "PD NERFED THE G27!!" arguements people seem to want to throw out there, but I guess no one really knows but PD... IMO the G27 issues are explained by it just not being licensed by Sony.

you can. as far as i know it has yet to be patched. but i could when i tried it the last time about 3 weeks ago. i think if you press triangle clutch works but you can still change gears without it.

That's old info, from GT5 Prologue. No triangle needed.

So for the record will I be able to use the clutch and shift like a real car? And what happens when your switching gears without clutch? Will it still shift the gear? If so why use the clutch? I would love for the game not to allow shifting without clutch.

Right. It's "like" a real car, but not "realistic"... if you get my drift.

If you start using the clutch and then try to shift w/o engaging the clutch it ill make a grind-ish noise and stay in neutral. Then you have to release the clutch, re-engage the clutch, and shift again. After a couple laps it's pretty easy, but at first I was all over the place. Just like a real car, you need to have the right rhythm and get your sequence down.

Ok awesome! So I'd u try switching gears without clutch it goes into nuetral! That works with me!!!!! (Big sigh of relief) I thought I had just spent $400 for nothing

You CAN shift with the stick and not use the clutch. But not once you've started using the clutch... w/o resetting the whole sequence. See my earlier post.

ok, right. basically, once enabled you have to use it. but it needs to be enabled by pressing clutch. not triangle. that was prologue.

Lolol now I'm confused.. :(l

Last time.

It works like this... if you set to manual and use paddles, you'll be paddle shifting, if you use the shifter you'll be stick shifting, and if you use the clutch you'll be using the stick shift with the clutch. Once you've started using the clutch you have to use it until you leave the stick in neutral and use a paddle, them you'll go back to paddle shifting, and you can change up any time you like. If right off the bat you want to use the clutch, then just start off using it. It's just the way the game handles all needs for all users.

Last time.

It works like this... if you set to manual and use paddles, you'll be paddle shifting, if you use the shifter you'll be stick shifting, and if you use the clutch you'll be using the stick shift with the clutch. Once you've started using the clutch you have to use it until you leave the stick in neutral and use a paddle, them you'll go back to paddle shifting, and you can change up any time you like. If right off the bat you want to use the clutch, then just start off using it. It's just the way the game handles all needs for all users.

Ok great thanks a lot guys!

i am just learning to use the g27 and gt5 . i got it to help me improve my real racing . i have a west d sport racer with paddle shifters .. they work without the clutch ...a no lift shift gas down 1- 6 . downshift i do use the clutch ...barley . its no miata ....but using the paddles is great ....two hands on the wheel
robert

It works just fine, I've never remapped any of the buttons on my previous dfgt soooo yeaaah...

My only wish is stronger force feedback.

Back