Does this logo remind you of something?

• Thread starter Flash3001
  • 51 comments
As a graphic designer myself I find that plagiarism unacceptable and lazy on the designers part. They are clearly running a commercial business. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't cost them a lot in legal fees in the future. Is it really worth it?
I find interesting how they took the square-ish shape out of the G, and stretched it to transform the G into an E and the T into an F.

Extremely lazy, but interesting way of thinking at the same time.

I find interesting how they took the square-ish shape out of the G, and stretched it to transform the G into an E and the T into an F.

Extremely lazy, but interesting way of thinking at the same time.

Was just thinking that.

Photoshop Level - (Whatever the hell @blackjack wants to classify it)

Speaking of which, where can I find some of your work?

Spoiler: Here are some other names and logos that the guy considered for his company.

törd copy.png

yanaha.jpg

As a graphic designer myself I find that plagiarism unacceptable and lazy on the designers part. They are clearly running a commercial business. I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't cost them a lot in legal fees in the future. Is it really worth it?

I'm interested in the story behind this: Either they hired a designer in good faith to make a logo for them and the designer decided to take an early weekend and just steal a logo that he liked, or the company skipped the designer step and just stole the logo themselves. Could anyone dig deeper into this? :D

Oh, and I almost forgot: Did they name it Eurofix just so that it would fit with the stolen logo? I mean, it's a Brazilian company, isn't it?

Last edited:
I see someone has discovered photoshop and apparently has found the rare font "Helvetica Nue Light Condensed".

I can only assume the reason they aren't being taken to court is because Sony don't consider them an actual threat to do so. That or they decided the fans embarrassing them by pointing out their blatant copying was enough.

That's not as rare font as you think. There is nothing special about it and it can be downloaded for free from many sites. I have over 500 fonts in my Photoshop library and that particular font came as a standard font in Photoshop CS2.

I only used rare just to parody the fact that it appears to be a photoshoped GT logo.

Also, since when was it free? I recall looking for it and most sites either didn't have the font or had it for a price.

I only used rare just to parody the fact that it appears to be a photoshoped GT logo.

Also, since when was it free? I recall looking for it and most sites either didn't have the font or had it for a price.

http://www.azfonts.net/load_font/helveticaneueltstd-ltcn.html

Just one of many places I found with a quick Google search. As I said before, it comes as a standard font with Photoshop CS as well. I also now understand your post as parody....no problems. :cheers:

Spoiler: Here are some other names and logos that the guy considered for his company.

I'm interested in the story behind this: Either they hired a designer in good faith to make a logo for them and the designer decided to take an early weekend and just steal a logo that he liked, or the company skipped the designer step and just stole the logo themselves. Could anyone dig deeper into this? :D

Oh, and I almost forgot: Did they name it Eurofix just so that it would fit with the stolen logo? I mean, it's a Brazilian company, isn't it?

I believe the name is because they claim to give maintenance in more exclusive cars - BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari... - and they usually come from Europe. Just a hunch!

About the logo we can guess a third option: He asked his nephew to do it!

I'm also really curious about it. How did they came up with it?! But I'm not calling their phone to ask LoL

I'm a graphic designer by training as well and agree 100% with that blackjack.

Either they hired a designer in good faith to make a logo for them and the designer decided to take an early weekend and just steal a logo that he liked, or the company skipped the designer step and just stole the logo themselves. Could anyone dig deeper into this? :D
My guess would be, like many small businesses, they decided to cheap out on a proper brand identity and just ripped off the logo thinking that they're being clever.

I believe the name is because they claim to give maintenance in more exclusive cars - BMW, Mercedes, Porsche, Ferrari... - and they usually come from Europe. Just a hunch!

About the logo we can guess a third option: He asked his nephew to do it!

I'm also really curious about it. How did they came up with it?! But I'm not calling their phone to ask LoL

I agree, it's definitely a "cousin's/nephew" job.

I'd go deeper and say the shop's success came by surprise. The owner, who's actually a mechanic and just happens to run the business, didn't know where to look for when needed a logo, something he didn't predict when the garage was opened.

And then emerged the "cousin who's good with computers and stuff", a common character in brazillian families...

@RACECAR As CargoRatt already pointed out, there are several websites that offer free versions of the font for download, but you were also correct. Adobe does sell this font. For the serious printing professionals out there, I would say stick with the Adobe font(s), but sites like azfonts offer fonts that are more than adequate, even for print work. Now, I probably couldn't tell the difference, especially at small (30 or lower) point sizes. I'm sure there are many people who could.

They'll only fix European cars. :lol:

Not a problem for Mr. Yamauchissan GT-R.

Kazunissan?

Maybe they can make the vast numbers of Standard European cars Premium.

It would have been even better if the people behind the name and logo of Eurofix ripped off GT Auto instead. Maybe they could employ people to wear brown slacks, orange shirts and black hats, whilst walking oddly quickly around garages and fading in and out when they start and finish certain tasks.

So PD can't have Porsches, but GT let's other people use their logo? Hmmm, interesting :odd:

Back