Drag Competition - Final point standings posted!!

• Thread starter kennyblanco
  • 1,018 comments
Hey Kenny, really sorry mate, but I have to pull out of the comp for personal reasons (POS depression) but I'll try make it back for the next round if there is one...

Maybe after the winners are selected we could start a Alfa Romeo 8C drag room just for a little fun after the challenge. Since after this is over the car would probably just sit in our garages most of the time. Just a suggestion.

Maybe after the winners are selected we could start a Alfa Romeo 8C drag room just for a little fun after the challenge. Since after this is over the car would probably just sit in our garages most of the time. Just a suggestion.
👍

Kenny, I have a few suggestions moreso on thread management and result posting I will message you a bit later for.

Basically, in overview is operating it similar to the GTP WRS event. Top post has all of the info well detailed, results can be posted using a consistent format and then at event close proof has to be provided (the image of the results - or even a replay in zip format)

Also, I will host prizes again with the same prize structure as this one. I do need to to know what dates the prizes need to awarded in advance. I will definitely do a few more of these.

Also let me know when you post the info so I can reply as 2nd post and I can keep some info up to date on that 1 post as I work through a PC and not the PS3 like you so thread management is easier for me. Maybe even I can come up with a template for your first post too. I will work with you some on that though.

I am enjoying the response to this and hope to see more. I hope everyone enjoys the prizes!

Hey Kenny, really sorry mate, but I have to pull out of the comp for personal reasons (POS depression) but I'll try make it back for the next round if there is one...

No worries bud, I believe I have suffered from pos depression before. Are some of the symptoms bad launch, poor acceleration, and high ET's? Unless you're talking about the other pos depression, pee on stick depression, for which there is no cure other than a negayive result (or positive if you're ready to have children lol).

That's a great idea! Hadn't thought of that. We'll have a room open after the winner has been announced. 👍

@ryanerb- That sounds great! Thanks. I didn't initially expect this type of response from everyone but its turning out to be a pretty big thing. In response to the interest already shown I have tried exploring other means of getting the word out. I've posted threads in the tuning and interest check forums to get the attention of some people that may not generally visit this forum. ( I hope this doesn't get looked at as spamming because my intentions were good and just in my mind) If this could turn into a weekly event like the wrs and have even half the amount of success I would consider it a win. But the ultimate goal is to get a proper strip and we can't lose sight of our goal.

Any help you could give me with my layout/formatting would be greatly appreciated. As most can telll, this was kind of a spur of the moment thing with very little forethought. Alot of stuff has been implemented on the fly. If you could continue to help with prizes we would all be greatly appreciative.

I apologise for my lack of planning and preparation. I honestly only expected 5 or 6 people to take interest. With ryanerb's help I hope to bring a more presentable layout in the future. 👍

With that said, I'd like to thank this time to once again give thanks to my co-sponsor for this event. Without his help you guys wouldn't have the awesome prize selection you do now! And for all your trading needs remember to check out LemonDiscus / GTP_RyanErb Trading Thread | 0/0/0 Garage and Paint Shop! - https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6126114#post6126114

@ryanerb- That sounds great! Thanks. I didn't initially expect this type of response from everyone but its turning out to be a pretty big thing. In response to the interest already shown I have tried exploring other means of getting the word out. I've posted threads in the tuning and interest check forums to get the attention of some people that may not generally visit this forum. ( I hope this doesn't get looked at as spamming because my intentions were good and just in my mind) If this could turn into a weekly event like the wrs and have even half the amount of success I would consider it a win. But the ultimate goal is to get a proper strip and we can't lose sight of our goal.

Any help you could give me with my layout/formatting would be greatly appreciated. As most can telll, this was kind of a spur of the moment thing with very little forethought. Alot of stuff has been implemented on the fly. If you could continue to help with prizes we would all be greatly appreciative.

Another thought is something in this Forum: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=89

Not many people visit the Drag Racing forum now... I like the idea myself and I am not even a Drag Racer (I suck at launch tuning). SSRX is helpful because it does at least now allow launch times instead of Circuit times.

I will work on something over the next few days. I am not sure when I will get to it or even what forum it should be posted in. I have seen competitions ran out of the Marketplace too (though I dont advise placing the competition there)...

Yeah, I thought about putting it there but wasn't sure it would have been allowed due to the fact that its more like a tt than an actual online event. But with the suggestion of opening a room after the event I guess it fits the bill now lol. I posted it in the interest checks though to see if we could get a few more participants out of it.

Yeah, I thought about putting it there but wasn't sure it would have been allowed due to the fact that its more like a tt than an actual online event. But with the suggestion of opening a room after the event I guess it fits the bill now lol. I posted it in the interest checks though to see if we could get a few more participants out of it.

Remember the WRS is in that forum too which is a TT. I do like the TT and afterwards an Online race.

What seems to be the best way to handle the online segment is to create a new account (ie: Drag_Racing_Challenge) and have those that wish to participate send a FR to that 1 account instead of managing who friends who. That would be the Lobby that everyone one will use. It will also keep your main account clear as well from having a hundred friends that you wont always work with.

@Kenny.. It's the depression that is dangerous to yourself and other.. I know this isn't the place for it but I know the people here.. I suffer from bipolar and chronic depression.. I've been on 150mg anti depressants for almost 3 years and I'm still like this.. I lost my best friend when she was 14.. Really sorry mods or whoever doesn't give a 🤬

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm real sorry for to have took that as being a joke. I'd never heard of that before and wasn't aware it was a real condition. Please forgive me for my ignorance. I meant no harm. Sorry bro.

kennyblanco
I'm sorry for your loss. I'm real sorry for to have took that as being a joke. I'd never heard of that before and wasn't aware it was a real condition. Please forgive me for my ignorance. I meant no harm. Sorry bro.

Nah Kenny your right mate 👍 if it was the first scenario I would laugh a myself.. The second would make the missus the happiest person alive.. POS (piece of 🤬 ) haha.. But I'm taking a break from PS3 and all that and trying to get my life back on track

My apologies again bro. I didn't mean any disrespect. Just ignorance on my behalf. I hope things work out for you and wish you the best.

Only 3 hours to submit the times?

I'm not sure if I'll be able to make it that day during that time frame.

Maybe an option for people unable to make those time parameters would be to PM you the pictures at a prior date/time.

Yes, that works fine by me. Anyone else that this is an issue for please feel free to do the same and I will add your submission at the deadline. Put "Drag contest submission" in the title of your pm. You can send your submission via pm to me at any time. 👍

Thanks for bringing this up.

I guess I should run mine and start retuning, I have a tune on it but it's months old and I'm sure can be made faster.

I guess I should run mine and start retuning, I have a tune on it but it's months old and I'm sure can be made faster.

It'll probably still be a top 10 finish without you doing anything to it based on the times I've seen you post. You must be using some of that nitro PTK was talking about a while back. I can't find none anywhere. :lol:

It'll probably still be a top 10 finish without you doing anything to it based on the times I've seen you post. You must be using some of that nitro PTK was talking about a while back. I can't find none anywhere. :lol:

Well, I got it but it was extremely hard... You needed to get gold in all race series, licenses, seasonal events, you must have every car (in every color) and paint, you must paint EVERY one of your cars gold chrome (including rims), you must have won GT Academy and made it on the Nissan Race Team.

OR

You just know Kaz very well. Which I do, we are like brothers... so he gave me a DLC code to unlock it... NBD...

@Kenny.. It's the depression that is dangerous to yourself and other.. I know this isn't the place for it but I know the people here.. I suffer from bipolar and chronic depression.. I've been on 150mg anti depressants for almost 3 years and I'm still like this.. I lost my best friend when she was 14.. Really sorry mods or whoever doesn't give a 🤬

Sorry for your lose bro. Wish you well. Hang in there

Ok, thanks to the help of my good friend ryanerb, we are going to be able to make this an ongoing event. Every 2 weeks there will be a new contest featuring a new car to get your best 1/4 mile time with. Prizes will be awarded to each contests top three contestants in the same format as this event. Points will be awarded to participants based on the results of each competition, culminating into a grand prize for the top 3 contestants at the end of a given period. Full details can be found here- https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=244875

The events will most likely consist of cars sold in the ocd and premium models to maintain accessibility for all that are interested. I may decide to throw an oddball in there every now and again so get your car collections up! I will give plenty of notice in the event I decide to use a car not in the ocd at the time of the contest to allow you to aquire the necessary car. Pretty much any car can be found in the marketplace so getting access to them shouldn't be an obstacle. In the event you cannot make it to any given competition, no worries, only your top 8 point totals will be used. This allows for you to be able to miss a week or three and remain competitive. The series will consist of 12 events and then restart, allowing for 2 grand prize giveaways within the year.

I hope you all will enjoy this series and help to spread the word. Thanks for your participation and good luck to you all! 👍

Wednesday by 8pm Eastern time US. You can pm me your submission at any time. Please put drag contest submission as the subject.

We gotta pm our time to you? Things look more legit if it was out in a public lobby, you understand right kenny.

We gotta pm our time to you? Things look more legit if it was out in a public lobby, you understand right kenny.

I agree with that... When is the soonest we can post our time publically?

PTK
I agree with that... When is the soonest we can post our time publically?

Agreed! 👍 I put that so that if people couldn't make the deadline they could still submit their times. Times can be posted publicly after 5pm tomorrow EST. I will post all submissions sent to me via pm at this time.

Well I have run my car, and taken the pictures, once I post here I will also post elsewhere so that this car can be added to the leaderboards.

Back