Drag Transmissions and Gear Ratios

• Thread starter ampire
  • 54 comments
Sounds the same as jumping a tree. Actually not hard to do.

Where I drag, people don't turn their wheels or flash their headlights. One second there is a car in front of you and the next it's gone. Impossible to jump 👍

Where I drag, people don't turn their wheels or flash their headlights. One second there is a car in front of you and the next it's gone. Impossible to jump 👍
Not impossible at all, it's called anticipation, and it's something the human brain is wired to do.
On drag trees which flash red-green in a 1-2 the best reaction times come from going before it turns red.

Not impossible at all, it's called anticipation, and it's something the human brain is wired to do.

And that's why you get people who ghost at different times as the "light". Also, could you please direct me to a video of jumping a ghost? Or even better, take a video of you jumping since you make it sound so easy :)

People do jump ghosts, and it's from them anticipating when the car is going to ghost. I actually give ElJuancho heaps because I say to him that he jumps trees, just because he's just got a wicked reaction time compared to the rest of us. :lol:

And that's why you get people who ghost at different times as the "light". Also, could you please direct me to a video of jumping a ghost? Or even better, take a video of you jumping since you make it sound so easy :)
Have you never seen a single episode of PINKS?
Consider the arm drop the "ghost".

everybody jumps every so often ok its life. People even jump on ghost sometimes . All You can do is line it back up and run again.
You and dongroovianni the other day seem to leave far to soon, i left like 45.5xx just to keep up, but still you launched earlyer than me. Total time glitch, or jump, you decide...

People do jump ghosts, and it's from them anticipating when the car is going to ghost. I actually give ElJuancho heaps because I say to him that he jumps trees, just because he's just got a wicked reaction time compared to the rest of us. :lol:
Well, rest of us, id ont know, i have run him before and we were quite similar in reaction time, all you got to do is focus on a specific spot on the car, and be relaxed.

On drag trees which flash red-green in a 1-2 the best reaction times come from going before it turns red.
Well, yes, but it depends, on sportsman tree if you anticipate faster then 0,5 seconds after yellow light, its redlight, and on protree? its like 0,4 seconds. You also have redlight, and that is something many people on gt5 is missing out on big time. Can you tell who redlight in gt5? Possibly not, since your total time isnt 100% the same on all ps3 from time to time....

...at least legitskillz is legit enough to know about this...

legit skills? Haha Dont make me laugh tt3. Legit said he would beat my veyron with GMEs base tune Haha a base tune he didn't even have in the first place mate. Then wouldn't run me anyway.

legit skills? Haha Dont make me laugh tt3. Legit said he would beat my veyron with GMEs base tune Haha a base tune he didn't even have in the first place mate. Then wouldn't run me anyway.
Well, well, we will se...

So a long 1st and 2nd gear is a good idea for indy? I launch all my powerful RWD cars in 2nd anyway.
It depends on the gearbox and type of car. For example i use to launch in 2nd and exit in 6th gear. But on some cars i launch in 1st gear and exit in 5th. On 4wd cars i use all 6 gears. My theory is, that the more gears you use, the better acceleration you get.

Sometimes from seeing how long it take certain people to ghost you can jump it

Yes I have seen this before, but quite rare as you have to get it just right.

Sometimes from seeing how long it take certain people to ghost you can jump it
Yes of course, but its rare i would say. Even though ghost and time is flawed, i would chouse ghost launch any time. If you all live in US and dont have massive latency issues, ghost is the way to go. :cheers:

I just like to drag realistically sure there are cars that you HAVE to launch 2nd in but you can get some pretty great tunes launching from first with manual

and thank you for these post's you are taking the time to type up they have some very helpful information in them!!

Back