Developer:
Bioware
Publisher: EA
Engine: Frostbite 3 with Speedtree
Platforms: PC, PS4, X1, PS3 & X360
Genre: Action Role-playing
Modes: Single & Multiplayer
Release: NA: Nov. 18, 2014 EU: Nov. 21, 2014

dai-behemoth.jpg DAInquisitionGoGamer.jpg dragon-age-iii-inquisition.jpg Dragon-Age-Inquisition_03-52274b11bbb62.jpg Dragon-Age-Inquisition-3.jpg dragonage-inquisition-1024x539.jpg sera-news-screenshot.jpg 1400378028-2.jpg 1400378031-1.jpg

Videos:

Last edited:
I was wondering why there was no thread for this game for the longest time now. Is there that little interest in it?

I however am pretty excited for this. I've played all the Dragon Age games and it is a series that I've spent so many hours on. Will be a day one purchase for me.

Some game info:

- You can fast travel from the War table.

- There will be Necromancy in the game but no blood magic.

- You can not use healing spells and they are not in the game. In order to heal, we will need to use potions or a healing grenade. This will form a "healing area" that heals anyone inside it.

- Tactical Camera featured and explained: We will be able to pause combat at any time and give order to our teammates. We can tell them where to go, what action to take, etc. It can be done multiple times during battle. If we are losing the battle, we can disengage and run away which they highly recommend we do early on.

- It will run at 1080P(ps4), 900P(x1) and 30FPs on consoles. PC specs not given out yet.

- There is no swimming in the game. Due to problems that could arise if we are wearing heavy armor, light armor or different weapons, Bioware opted out of swimming.

- Fall damage will recover over time, but very slowly.

Last edited:
Hm, just caught a few glimpses of actual gameplay on Twitch. And it looked good. Like, real good.

Now, with Lords of the Fallen out of the way (too unstable on PC to purchase on release, so I'm waiting for a sale/special edition that's got all the inevitable DLC), I'm looking forward to DA:I. Different kind of game, sure, but I do hope it'll scratch my RPG itch :lol:

Hm, just caught a few glimpses of actual gameplay on Twitch. And it looked good. Like, real good.

Now, with Lords of the Fallen out of the way (too unstable on PC to purchase on release, so I'm waiting for a sale/special edition that's got all the inevitable DLC), I'm looking forward to DA:I. Different kind of game, sure, but I do hope it'll scratch my RPG itch :lol:
This series has kinda gone up and down in terms of gameplay, but it looks like it has gone back to its roots. The story is definitely interesting for the series, and it was one I always enjoyed. I spent days on the first one, and I think it was the only game that I platinum'd, ever :lol:

This will definitely be a day one purchase for me.

@Ddrizle I just noticed, you have a picture from Destiny in that first post with the images :lol: The one with the female character customization.

I'm really thinking about buying this now, the gameplay looks great. I'm going to need a good game to play until the Crew comes out, this should work out nicely.

I'm really thinking about buying this now, the gameplay looks great. I'm going to need a good game to play until the Crew comes out, this should work out nicely.
Yeah, found a stream that showcased the tactical view to contrast the more action-oriented view. Looked awesome indeed! Only thing that's keeping me from preordering or going for a day one purchase is that DA:I is being published by EA :indiff:

The game's not out and there's plenty of reviews, it seems. I like that. I expected the game to come with an NDA that ensures that the players buy into the game without knowing it. Especially surprising since it's EA we're talking about.

Sigh... I just remembered I preordered the WoW expansion that just came out :lol: Seems like I'll be waiting for a Steam sale for DA:I. Time doesn't allow for these two games to be played in tandem, either way...

Let us know how it is 👍
Managed to play a good couple of hours last night and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Although, I dont have much to give because I got sucked into it and lost track of time :lol:

Graphics are quite nice and I found my self paying attention to the detail in the clothing alot more then I should have :lol: Its not the best I've seen from current gen, but it is still quite nice. I started out with a Mage and the animations for the special moves are nice.

I really like the whole tactical/action camera. For the most part, you dont really need tactical for the lower enemies because they are relatively easy, but using it for boss battles can make a big difference. If you dont want to use the tactical cam, than you can always set certain tactics for each individual character. I always like that about the DA series. You set certain perimeters, and once those are met then it activates the tactics. For instance using a potion at a certain percentage of life, or coming to the aid of your ranged character if they start getting melee'd. There are so many perimeters and actions that can be set that you can cover just about anything. It's very true to its original style, while still giving the button-pressing to the not so fluent.

The series always rewards the adventurous, and this iteration is no different. Within the first scene of the game I managed to accumulate so much money just from going around and looking in every corner I can. Because of that it took me so long to get out of the initial intro area :lol: Its also way more open map than I expected. Its not as vast as Skyrim( only traveled to the first free exploration area and did some quests, not sure how big this actual mapped area is) but so far I haven't really found an area I didn't have access to. Although, its not one huge open map, but mapped sections, it still gives off that feel really well.

I like the amount of lore and random books that are thrown around in this game. Some reads give you new quests, and others give you hints to puzzle's that you encounter as well.

What I had a problem with was that the cutscenes seem to stutter a lot, which sucks because I enjoy those just as much as the action. Also seems to have some bad aliasing issues with things in the distance, during cutscenes. I like to hear the story, so those little things stuck out like a sore thumb.

Its one of those games, where you know that you should have been in bed about 3 hours ago, but you just want to finish that laaaaast quest. Yet, you finish it, start going into town to sell stuff and upgrade stuff, and end up starting another quest. I think I got about 3.5 hours of sleep last night :lol: All in all, that's all I can think of right now, I'll post more as I play.

I'll get this eventually, as I've finished the previous Dragon Age games. I'll wait until the price drops, since I don't have time to play it now anyway.

Man I wish it was the weekend, once I start playing I dont want to put it down :lol:

Ever since they allowed me to free roam I have not even started the main quest. I'm spending all my time doing every side-quest there is, in the area that I have unlocked first. It is very time consuming, and going off the other area's I see available from the Wartable, I'm going to have alooooooot of my life taken from me.

Ok, good to hear. At least now I know that it is a good thing I didn't buy this along with FC4, sounds like another great game to suck my life away. I love when games like these surface.......I have the typical gamer situation. Wake up, get situated, start playing around 9am.......................................next thing I know in real life.................................get phone call, the wife, shes on her way home....it's 6pm!

So this game has been out 2 weeks, and I've accumulated about 90+ hours into. I'm reaching my total played Destiny hours and that game came out 3 months ago :lol: Its safe to say that I have no life outside of work.

Oh, and I think I'm somewhere around 35-40% done with the main story line :lol:

Back