Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
It's what happened according to the article, the article is titled as [director] quits.
That's the story.
That's the news.
Yet there is more to it than that. Emotive, standalone phrases tend to be the province of sensationalist press writers/editors. If you're going to re-post something, then you might as well add a postscript too which puts it into context - ie: the game director didn't leave due to the layoffs.

Sorry, I just dislike misleading headlines.

Yet there is more to it than that. Emotive, standalone phrases tend to be the province of sensationalist press writers/editors. If you're going to re-post something, then you might as well add a postscript too which puts it into context - ie: the game director didn't leave due to the layoffs.

Sorry, I just dislike misleading headlines.
There are no subjective or emotive words in "director quits".
It's an accurate observation of events without any added embellishment, opinion or agenda.

There are no subjective or emotive words in "director quits".
It's an accurate observation of events without any added embellishment, opinion or agenda.
I'm sorry, but it is subjective and emotive as that is not the whole story. Yes, I relaise that the nature of headlines is to be brief and attention grabbing - I'm not talking about what the article writer chooses to bring across here, more your own reason for choosing to use the same. I mean when I repost a news item on whichever forum, I add a comment which brings in into context with that particular forum.

Okay, you imply that you had no wish to add any embelishments or opinions and thereby add an agenda. I might be wrong here, but in this manner your choice of words implies an agenda - one that suggests DC is in deeper trouble than Evolution or Sony are letting on about. Do you see where I'm coming from?

In the end though, how you post and what you say would be your own affair

They are not my words though, they are the articles. "DriveClub game director Col Rodgers quits Sony"
The context of the thread on Gtplanet is "Driveclub". This is a Driveclub related post and objectively labeled based on the article title. I have not added my own opinion or context.

You might be reasonable to suggest the article story is sensationalist with its title and place in the news section of a gaming website.

...You might be reasonable to suggest the article story is sensationalist with its title and place in the news section of a gaming website.
Oh, I absolutely do and its a terrible trait of certain 'journalists' out there - my question though was, why did you leave it as having such a subtext?

In other words, we who promulgate news by spreading it further across the web, become complicit with what the article writer says by leaving it as is. Or we comment ourselves upon what is said, by adding context to whatever brief, attention-grabbing header is given - usually by quoting another, supportive part of the article.

An example would be: Director leaves Driveclub - but says this is not related to the layoffs. That gives a completely different message, wouldn't you agree?

According to Fnac.pt, the game is going to be released on September 26th 2014.
jtbh3o.jpg

According to Fnac.pt, the game is going to be released on September 26th 2014.
jtbh3o.jpg

70 Euros? As far as I remember, Sony said PS4 games will cost from 1 to 60 dollars. Even though this may apply only for some of Sony's games, but 70 Euros for a video game is nothing but ridiculous.

70 Euros? As far as I remember, Sony said PS4 games will cost from 1 to 60 dollars. Even though this may apply only for some of Sony's games, but 70 Euros for a video game is nothing but ridiculous.

60$ for the USA, 70€ (60€ for the First Party) is the standard price for ps3/ps4 games in Europe, so probably both the date and the price are only placeholder

60$ for the USA, 70€ (60€ for the First Party) is the standard price for ps3/ps4 games in Europe, so probably both the date and the price are only placeholder

Placeholder date? Maybe, maybe not. The price for new games has been always 70€ in Portugal, there are very few exceptions.

Sometimes I envy you NTSC guys for having so cheap games.
Placeholder date? Maybe, maybe not. The price for new games has been always 70€ in Portugal, there are very few exceptions.
Same thing here, I'm forced to import games from the UK to save at least 10 euros. And bonus is that the game/cover are entirely in English unlike in German or Italian they sell us here.

I confused the prices with those of the playstation store, it has been always 70€ for the first party too.

these are all placeholder date
01 June 2014
driveclub1.png
12 June 2014
driveclub2.png
27 June 2014
driveclub3.png
1 September 2014
driveclub4.png
2 September 2014
driveclub5.png
30 September 2014
driveclub6.png
30 September 2014
driveclub7.png

Attachments

• driveclub1.png
    driveclub1.png
    60.3 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub2.png
    driveclub2.png
    98.6 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub3.png
    driveclub3.png
    44.5 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub4.png
    driveclub4.png
    139.6 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub5.png
    driveclub5.png
    95.3 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub6.png
    driveclub6.png
    149.9 KB · Views: 7
  • driveclub7.png
    driveclub7.png
    67.8 KB · Views: 7
Isn't everyone forgetting that DC is meant to be a PS+ free game, or has that changed since then? I know that they were talking about a partial version of the game, but the update to full version was also to be only a small cost.

Isn't everyone forgetting that DC is meant to be a PS+ free game, or has that changed since then? I know that they were talking about a partial version of the game, but the update to full version was also to be only a small cost.

Hasn't changed.

Driveclub could be one of the worst retail selling games on the PS4, yet still be a success.
About 5 million people will get it free. And a percentage of them will upgrade digitally.
Who will buy an online social network based driving game for full price when you can get it much cheaper if you intend to play online? The retail copy will only sell to people wanting to NOT race against other club drivers. IE not be part of a drive club.
I can only imagine a counter to that is if in offline Driveclub there are thousands of persistent AI drivers and many AI dynamic clubs and you compete against them. And they are logged as part of your saved game file. Unless its scripted and everyone gets the same fake club narrative.

This could be curtains for Logitech

Would be very strange not to have Logitech, I used my G25 on the PS2. I'm looking at getting a thrustmaster soon though so perhaps sign of the times.

What is happening with Project Cars PS4 logitech wheels? Also would seem Drive Club is going to release at similar time to pcars and might see some competition for sales.

Would be very strange not to have Logitech, I used my G25 on the PS2. I'm looking at getting a thrustmaster soon though so perhaps sign of the times.

What is happening with Project Cars PS4 logitech wheels? Also would seem Drive Club is going to release at similar time to pcars and might see some competition for sales.

I for one, don't plan on getting rid of my G25 anytime soon, so that's a big concern given that what we knew was drivers were available and it was up to developers to support them, so maybe it's the devs choice.

Back