Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments

Also if you upgrade to the full version from the PS+ edition you keep the game even after your subscription expires

Update
Our priority for DRIVECLUB is to enable you to play and enjoy everything it has to offer and PlayStation recognises that the prior plan for DRIVECLUB entitlement for the upgrade to the PS Plus edition was not appropriate. As a result, we have adjusted the PlayStation Plus terms for DRIVECLUB.

Now, If you intend on downloading DRIVECLUB PlayStation Plus Edition, and upgrading to the full game experience, you will have access to the full game even if your PlayStation Plus subscription runs out.

interview with Paul Rustchynsky (game director)
http://uk.ign.com/articles/2014/05/09/the-inside-track-on-driveclubs-delay

There will also be the McLaren P1

confirmed cars 37/50
Alfa Romeo 4C
Ariel Atom 500
Aston Martin One-77
Aston Martin V12 Vantage S
Aston Martin V12 Zagato
Aston Martin Vanquish 2013
Audi A1 quattro
Audi R8 V10 plus
Audi RS5
Audi TT RS
BAC Mono
Bentley Continental GT Speed
BMW M235i (F22)
BMW M3 GTS (E92)
BMW M5 (F10)
Ferrari F12berlinetta
Gumpert Apollo Enraged
GTA Spano
Hennessey Venom GT
Koenigsegg Agera R
Lotus Exige S
Marussia B2
Maserati GranTurismo MC Stradale
McLaren MP4-12C
McLaren P1
Mercedes-Benz A 45 AMG
Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupé Black Series
Mercedes-Benz CLA 45 AMG
Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG Coupé Black Series
Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG 2013
Pagani Huayra
Pagani Zonda R
RUF CTR3 ClubSport
RUF Rt 12 R
Savage Rivale
Spyker C8
Volkswagen Golf GTI

Last edited:
Small change in the terms and conditions for the upgraded PS+ version and I'm still ... reluctant to it.

Looks fantastic as it is, guess it will be again to the drive model to convince me to buy it.

Edit: Also not sure about the whole 60fps issue, I mean I get that people want it on simulators due to potential input lag and or other issues, but this like a social game and more of a party game so it's not necessary.

The more I look into the issue of 30fps vs 60fps, the more it seems like a justification from "master race" people to justify bigger expenses in more complicated systems against the simplicity of consoles. I can tell the difference and is noticeable for everyone at this point, but it is not necessary to make better games, that's only down to the design of the game itself.

Those gameplay video's....Gameplay looks pretty bad, Graphics look good and Sound seems ok. I still have a bad feeling about this game. I think PCars will wipe the floor with it.

I really liked (amongst other things) how the headlights cast the shadows of cars ahead. Perhaps a small touch, but important at that level of graphical detail.

Those gameplay video's....Gameplay looks pretty bad, Graphics look good and Sound seems ok. I still have a bad feeling about this game. I think PCars will wipe the floor with it.
This has nothing to do with P-Cars, heck is even more close to The Crew or an hypothetical FH2.

Getting rather tired of all this people who wants everything to be a :censored:ing sim, not everything has to be a god damn sim, the idea is to be fun, if people don't understand that they should just stop bitching.

This has nothing to do with P-Cars, heck is even more close to The Crew or an hypothetical FH2.

Getting rather tired of all this people who wants everything to be a :censored:ing sim, not everything has to be a god damn sim, the idea is to be fun, if people don't understand that they should just stop bitching.
Here, here! :D Fun FTW!!

We had this discussion on the GRID Autosport thread too, it seems like by having real life cars and locations this suddenly entails a game must be realistic, it's a totally silly argument. What's wrong with a mix that produces a fun outcome?

Some people forget the legendary ancestors that made the racing genre big.

PCars is not in any way shape or form rivalling this game.

Did you watch the videos that are on this page right above the gameplay videos?
No they looked a little odd so i passed, Any good?

Still not seeing PGR in this game which for some reason everyone is saying it's the game closest to.

No they looked a little odd so i passed, Any good?

Still not seeing PGR in this game which for some reason everyone is saying it's the game closest to.
Well, they are telling of what this game is trying to achieve, it's not supposed to be a sim or anything like that. It's supposed to be a fun, socially-connected, mini-challenge based adrenaline ride from start to finish. That's their aim rather than a focus on the more traditional racing experience.

Last edited:
Guess well done on sorting PS+ problem, Sony.

I don't like those explanation videos for Driveclub. They sound a bit like disclaimers at the end of a medicine ads. Perhaps the dynamic menus aren't quite ready. :)

Well, they are telling of what this game is trying to achieve, it's not supposed to be a sim or anything like that. It's supposed to be a fun, socially-connected, mini-challenge based adrenaline ride from start to finish. That's their aim rather than a focus on the more traditional racing experience.

I realise that it's not a full out sim fair enough i did not expect it to be but after all the "this is the new PGR" i expected to play so much better, But really im not even seeing a arcade/sim...Im just seeing a mess, Even if it's trying to be sim/arcade/fun the rules behind it dont really say arcade... It's a bit like Codemasters who have been lost through the past 3 or 4 years ...They want to make a game for the casuals and hardcore it it ends up that really no one likes it....Hope im wrong as DC is why i bought a PS4 but looking at it today im really struggling to see what's good about it?

Shareholders telling the devs what to do? Wouldnt bet against it.

Last edited:
Back