Driveclub

• Thread starter Waheed
  • 9,286 comments
I read an article either on Kotaku or Jalopnik the other day where the writer actually complained because the cars were too detailed.
What was his point? Worse Graphics in favour of better framerates?

Then it's understandable.

What was his point? Worse Graphics in favour of better framerates?

Then it's understandable.

Something along those lines. Except with added Gawker snarkiness:

I for one think they should bring it all the way down to 24 for that authentic film look and also so they can really ramp up the tessellation. Because if I sit down with DriveClub and the in-game steering wheel is not perfectly round I will yell loudly about it on the internet. That's really all I care about in games: round objects should be perfectly round.

Nobody's saying they wouldn't rather be playing a 60 FPS game but we don't live in a perfect world. I don't care whether you're rocking a PS4 or a PS24, tradeoffs will always have to be made in game design. In this case, Evolution chose overall prettiness over framerate and I'm inclined to agree with their decision. For the type of game Driveclub is meant to be, they made the right choice.

I would really like to know who this 'we' is you have been alluding to throughout the past two pages...
Us fans that have been looking forward to DriveClub. Us fans that are tired of the non-stop trolling regarding the game. We, the fans. Not sure where you fall into that. We have all been posting here long enough to see what's going on.

Us fans that have been looking forward to DriveClub. Us fans that are tired of the non-stop trolling regarding the game. We, the fans. Not sure where you fall into that. We have all been posting here long enough to see what's going on.
Oh, I'm all for Driveclub - not that my stance either way has much to do with my question. I thought it sounded weird, like a member of the royal family talking, which is why I asked.

It also sounded quite affected, mostly as you can't really talk for others in such matters, only they can.

I also thought you were using it in defense of FH2, not DC.

Last edited:
Oh, I'm all for Driveclub - not that my stance either way has much to do with my question. I thought it sounded weird, like a member of the royal family talking, which is why I asked.

It also sounded quite affected, mostly as you can't really talk for others in such matters, only they can.

I also thought you were using it in defense of FH2, not DC.
I have no reason to defend FH2 (or DC). I just call it as I see it. I am moist for both games, and I will play the crap out of both games. I see pros and cons in each one. Does one look more appealing to me, sure. But not enough to lose any sleep over. I try to buy all the top racers....though I can't find myself stomaching the NFS series anymore, nor the Grid series. So outside of PC, I am going with GT, Forza, Project Cars, Horizon and DriveClub as my go to racers for now. I was hoping Xbox One would get a follow up to RacePro 07 from Simbin. That game, for console, was ahead of it's time for physics. Just an awesome game.

Does anybody know how many cars Driveclub will feature? I've heard that it will only have like 50 cars. Is this true? Or is it that so far people have only been able to spot 50 cars? I hope it is more than 50.

I think it's around that - wasn't it 50 cars, 55 track variants across 5 country locations? Something snappy like that. It still doesn't take DLC into consideration though, so maybe more will be on their way.

IGN
...the full version with all five locations, 55 tracks, 50 cars and all 50 tour events.

Last edited:
I think it's around that - wasn't it 50 cars, 55 track variants across 5 country locations? Something snappy like that. It still doesn't take DLC into consideration though, so maybe more will be on their way.

Dam, that sucks. I mean, GT5, GT6, and Forza series all have more than 150 cars don't they? and that is without DLC.

Dam, that sucks. I mean, GT5, GT6, and Forza series all have more than 150 cars don't they? and that is without DLC.
GT5 and 6 have over a thousand apiece (mostly the same cars) but I wouldn't sweat it, most peoiple only use three or maybe four cars for most of their races. Having said that, I've no idea if DC will have class specific races which will see the other cars getting the occasional airing.

So essentially 5 tracks, with reverse, P2P, RC and RT variations.
Huh? Just because there are 5 locations, it doesn't mean that the tracks are all the same.
Burnout Paradise and all Need for Speeds since Underground (except for The Run) had only 1 location.

Burnout Paradise and all Need for Speeds since Underground (except for The Run) had only 1 location.

Yes. Because Burnout Paradise is directly comparable to a circuit/course based game.

So does this mean that like BP and Underground, you expect all the areas to be free roaming to make up for the low amount of them?

P.S. Need for Speed: Shift and Shift 2 were Need for Speed games. As was Pro Street. All of which had more than one location.

Yes. Because Burnout Paradise is directly comparable to a circuit/course based game.

So does this mean that like BP and Underground, you expect all the areas to be free roaming to make up for the low amount of them?

P.S. Need for Speed: Shift and Shift 2 were Need for Speed games. As was Pro Street. All of which had more than one location.
Forgot about Pro Street and the Shift games were more like spin-offs.
Underground 1 wasn't open world and Underground 2 had fixed tracks, inside the open world.
The P2P tracks from DRIVECLUB can be long, around 5 mins with the fastest cars.
I find 25 unique tracks on normal roads in 5 regions + reverse variations and 5 racetracks (1 for each region) a good number. We also don't know how these regions look. Norway could've tracks in the mountains, around the see and in forests. I think we've already seen tracks from Canada, which had mountain roads combined with forests.

Are they f:censored:king serious? So, they give us a low amount of cars, events and now tracks? I really am starting to dislike the game more and more.

There's more to a game then a number. One of my all-time favorite games ever is the original Sega Rally. It had two cars and three tracks, but that was all the game needed to be perfect because the driving experience was so vastly superior to anything that was out there at the time (hell, I'd argue it bests most modern day racers). I understand that was twenty years ago and priorities change, as they should...but I just shake my head when people go on and on about how they value gameplay and physics over everything else, then complain when a game doesn't have 500 cars. This game isn't Gran Turismo or Forza, and Evolution never intended it to be. Thank god they didn't, because last generation was terrible one for arcade racers and I could definitely use a good new one.

It was know from first already that it will have 50 cars with 5 location, approx 55 tracks. This is more than enough. I hope track design is good. I hate narrow tracks. Although I wonder how many tracks will have weather affects as it is something that will be added to the game post launch. I think day/night transition is for all tracks. I remember a video where they said that the player can set the time and also how fast the transition should be or not.

So essentially 5 tracks, with reverse, P2P, RC and RT variations.

Back