Dying Light - Techland's other new game

• Thread starter MeanElf
  • 204 comments
Not a diehard zombie/infected fan but this game seems interesting. Now the decision to get it on PS 4 or Xbox one?

Just to let you know (in case you didn't), it is an RPG style game, which isn't to everyone's taste.
Say what? I had no idea, I admit I haven't researched this game that much but that is great news, I enjoy RPG games.

I was under the impression this was a supped up Left 4 Dead meets Dead Island.

Say what? I had no idea, I admit I haven't researched this game that much but that is great news, I enjoy RPG games.

I was under the impression this was a supped up Left 4 Dead meets Dead Island.
Well, it is very DI in basis I think, though as you say, it is more, bigger, badder and has parkour :) I think you'll like it then.

Two posts on their FB page from today:

We know that over the last few days there has been talk about the delay of the physical release. We want to say a few words and explain what it is that we want to do to rectify the situation. First up, the facts about the release:
Dying Light will have a worldwide digital release on PC of January 27, 2015.
In North and South America, the digital release and physical copies for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One will be available at the same day.
In Europe, Middle East, Asia, and Australia, Dying Light will have a digital release on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One of January 28, 2015. Physical copies of the game will be released in these territories on February 27, 2015. As a way to say sorry for the delay to those that pre-ordered our physical game, all of the physical pre-ordered versions will include two DLC packs - Cuisine & Cargo and Ultimate Survivor Bundle, free of charge.
We have one more announcement to make in a few hours, so stay tuned...

Dear gamers,
As you already know, today we detailed our launch timing for Dying Light. Although the changes affect only the release of boxed copies in certain territories, we want to show all of you our appreciation for your continued support. Thus, we’re really happy to announce that “Be the Zombie” will be available for FREE to everyone, on all platforms, in all territories.
We’ll also be giving away extra weapon dockets to everyone who pre-ordered Dying Light and signed up... at http://dockets.dyinglightgame.com. If you haven't registered your pre-order, do so now to receive those extra weapon dockets.
We want to thank you for your patience and support in this matter and can’t wait for you to enjoy playing Dying Light and invading other players’ game in the “Be the Zombie” mode. The video below can give you a glimpse of what you can expect to experience...
Once again, thank you for your patience and support.
The Dying Light Team

I'm relying on you folks now to tell those of us who have to wait on the physical disc launches across the rest of the world.

I've been watching streams a bunch today and this game keeps looking better. I purposely keep skipping around on streams so I don't spoil the story for myself. I may end up snagging this for the PS4 tonight. Any takers for COOP?

So far it is what I expected. A mix of L4D and Dead Island, I'm pretty early in the game so take that for what it's worth.

The parkour is well done and reminds me of Mirrors Edge, which I loved so all in all it is turning out to be great.

Visuals are nice, sounds are well done and no bugs as of yet.

So far it is what I expected. A mix of L4D and Dead Island, I'm pretty early in the game so take that for what it's worth.

The parkour is well done and reminds me of Mirrors Edge, which I loved so all in all it is turning out to be great.

Visuals are nice, sounds are well done and no bugs as of yet.

Sounds really good. What you mentioned lines up with what I've seen on the streams.. A few times, it kinda reminded me of Far Cry 4 as well..

Yes it has some Far Cry elements. My main concern is that it has plenty to do and being just out of the intro part (before co op is avail) it has some side options open now so it should be what I want.

One thing that it seems this developer does is use the blurry effect at times, which messes with my eyes sometimes but it could just be me.

The fully story Coop is what has my attention on top of the great looking gameplay and visuals. I do still wonder how deep and engaging the story can get (for being a survival zombie FPS) Hmm. decisions decisions...

Ahhh, good, it's not just me here then :D

Just a warning @Ausylon having done some reading on the official Techland forum, there seems to have been a few problems with the digital downloads vis a vis release date. It seems Xbox are looking into that and should have it sorted by now, as they had a release date of the 30th instead of today. (EDIT) Sony too. Steam seems to be okay.

Anyway, it might be worth checking first...

Last edited:
It's a brilliant release in my opinion. Lots to do story and sides wise. The co op is great. When one of your buddies join in as the Zombie it really gets tense. Our powers and weapons are weak right now but, are coming to age as we get stronger.
First class survival of the fittest.The scenes and fluid movement is top notch. I've got about 8 hrs in so far. Not experienced any bugs or lag and glitches. This release will be a hit once people start hearing the over positive review/remarks. The excitement alone is a must buy.
I've never been literally afraid in a video game. That's all changed now.
Thank you Techland with Dying Light

I agree, game keeps getting better and I love finding new mods and weapons to alter.

I did however come across a bug where I met an NPC, they were in a house and through the window was a locker. When I opened it, I warped into the house with NPC and no way out. Had to restart a checkpoint, other than that nothing major.

I'm glad this has been getting good feedback. One of the games ill be looking to get in the future

Glad you guys are enjoying it. I've followed the game progress from the first announcement and of course played both Dead Island games, so have been looking forward to this with every increasing an-ti-ci-pation.

Shame that I can't play it until the end of February ;)

Last edited:
So I am about half done with story, side missions won't let up, :), but I love the easter eggs and secret weapons you can find. So now I am scavenging even more than before in hopes of coming across another cool weapon.

So far I have found the EXPcaliber and Korek Machete...which is very good, I love using the machete over the other melee choices.

Yeah I had my share of Dead Island but they upped the exploration big time with this one.

I finally was able to give some co op a go last night and it was really good.

I admit that games like these tend to creep me out but with the added night and parkour system, it really can be too much at times. The adrenaline I feel when something is chasing me is beyond anything if felt in a game. But again, these type of games are always difficult for me to get used to. Which is good for the entertainment value.

Also last night I found the Mario Brothers easter egg, this is great that the developers did this stuff.

...The adrenaline I feel when something is chasing me is beyond anything if felt in a game...
This sort of thing had me concerned too, as I'm the type who normally cases the situation thoroughly before going in. Classically I don't do so well with a string of split-second responses in a flight and fight scenario, mostly because in many games it is invariably one person's logical view of how to get through to safety. This game though has multiple directions as option, so I'm actually looking forward to that for once - night time though, will be a different matter...

They do seem to have put a lot more of the direct reference Easter eggs in this time. Did you find the Borderlands 2 loot midget one in DI:R?

No I didn't, I didn't play Riptide as much as the first one. I'll have to look that one up as I don't have that game anymore.

Ahhh, it finally arrived yesterday and although I haven't got far past the opening two missions (resetting the traps for the night) I am seeing so much that I am going to be enjoying. It really is like an amped-up Dead Island which makes me pretty damn happy.

Whilst there are prettier games out there now, I think Techland have focused on the atmosphere and details that build immersive depth into it all: the moths, flies, small sounds behind locked doors...it's all there.

There appears to be a ridiculous amount to do in this game, it seems like I only have to turn around for a minute and then there are new missions as well as mission types appearing on the map. Some great interplay between the NPCs also.

I'm actually a bit surprised that there isn't that much activity on this thread. Not even any silly or fun pictures?

Dying Light_20150227111839.jpg
Dying Light_20150227120003.jpg
Dying Light_20150304101300.jpg
Dying Light_20150305112643.jpg
Dying Light_20150305143418.jpg
Dying Light_20150305174542.jpg
Dying Light_20150306133902.jpg
Dying Light_20150306160604.jpg

Back