ERA | Endurance Racing Association

• Thread starter Peelster1
  • 40 comments
Well, we've got until the holiday season to plan this out, because that's around the time when GT6 is due to be released. So at least we've got time to work out the details.
Also, I think the NSX RM is a 1993. I'd have to check next time I'm in GT5.
Plus, I found out that Mount Panorama could be on the track roster for GT6. Might be a track to consider.

Yes, I am very excited for the updated track list.

If you're talking about the NSX RM that would be used for Category 3, that's a '91. I've attached links for each car linking to mygranturismo.net in this post.

Yes, I am very excited for the updated track list.

If you're talking about the NSX RM that would be used for Category 3, that's a '91. I've attached links for each car linking to mygranturismo.net in this post.

I'll have to check the performance specs on my NSX RM, but last time I did the HP level was over 300. Also, mine is red with #37.
Oh, and I found the length of the new Silverstone Arena GP layout: 3.66 miles. That translates to 85 laps for 500km. 81 for Mount Panorama. That should be interesting.
Also, I may have mentioned this before, but I don't know if I got a response: What do you think of Category 3 cars having their own championship as a development series for the main one? I can certainly see them running alongside the GT1s and GT2s at Spa should it be a 24-hour race. But not wanting the Category 3 cars and anyone interested in driving them to feel left out, I came up with an idea for a development series for them. The races will be shorter, but hopefully, still longer than the ERA minimum of 2 hours. Here are the race ideas, and they do include venues already suggested:

Autodromo Nazionale Monza - 56 laps - 200 miles
Rome - 93 laps - 200 miles
Circuit de la Sarthe - 24 laps - 200 miles (might have the in-game start time later so that this event can have a daytime start and a nighttime finish)
Silverstone Arena GP Circuit - 55 laps - 200 miles (85 laps - 500km for GT1 & GT2)
Côte d'Azur - 97 laps - 200 miles
Trial Mountain - 81 laps - 200 miles
Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps - 24 hours, competing alongside GT1 & GT2
Deep Forest Raceway - 90 laps - 200 miles
Nürburgring GP/F - 63 laps - 200 miles
Circuito de Madrid - 95 laps - 200 miles
Grand Valley Speedway - 66 laps - 200 miles
Alternate Race Ideas
Daytona Road Course - 57 laps - 200 miles
Suzuka Circuit - 56 laps - 200 miles
Mount Panorama Circuit - 52 laps - 200 miles
Nürburgring 24h - 13 laps - 200 miles (20 laps - 500km or 39 laps - 600 miles for GT1 and GT2)

Feedback is welcome.

If the info at this link is any indication, it looks like all the cars on the lists posted in here for the proposed 2000s FIA GT Championship are all gonna be in GT6 when it comes out.
http://www.videogamesblogger.com/2013/07/23/gran-turismo-6-car-list.htm
This is good news. Sure wish they had something about the track list.

Well, we know that 3 layouts for Silverstone, Willow Springs, Goodwood, and the fictional Matterhorn. There is also speculation that Mount Panorama and Brands Hatch will be added. (Brands Hatch was mentioned at the event at Silverstone.) I'm pretty sure that all tracks from GT5 will return as well.

I also really like the idea for a "feeder" series. Someone else gave me that idea for the NASCAR series I'm running. It would definitely weed out the less skilled drivers so you end up with an experienced field for the actual endurance series. As a result I'm thinking of allowing feeder series that are associated with the ERA to be able to have races less than 2 hours. For example, I could have a Nationwide Series for NASCAR that would have races that would take less time, but the drivers that prove themselves to be good drivers would be allowed to race in the Sprint Cup series.

Which brings me to an idea I have for a few races to open GT6. I was thinking of doing a Speedweeks series spread over a couple weeks, at Daytona which would kick off with the 24 hours of Daytona at Daytona Road Course using GT and LMS cars, and then move on to having an IROC race using the IROC Camaro, an ARCA race using detuned NASCAR cars, a NASCAR truck race using suped-up trucks, ( I might work with Furinkazin on this one if he's interested, even though he does one-make Silverado's for his series. He has used other trucks in his earlier seasons so I'm assuming testing failed for the other trucks, but with the new physics engine for GT6 we might be able to revisit that.) a Nationwide NASCAR race using the Camaro RM and the Challenger TC, (perhaps also adding some detuned NASCAR cars seeing how the Camaro and Challenger are being phased out of Nationwide,) and finishing with the Daytona 500. I've also been thinking about added go-kart races to that and maybe a 1 lap race simulating the 5K run using the Fiats 500.

Last edited:
Well, we know that 3 layouts for Silverstone, Willow Springs, Goodwood, and the fictional Matterhorn. There is also speculation that Mount Panorama and Brands Hatch will be added. (Brands Hatch was mentioned at the event at Silverstone.) I'm pretty sure that all tracks from GT5 will return as well.

I also really like the idea for a "feeder" series. Someone else gave me that idea for the NASCAR series I'm running. It would definitely weed out the less skilled drivers so you end up with an experienced field for the actual endurance series. As a result I'm thinking of allowing feeder series that are associated with the ERA to be able to have races less than 2 hours. For example, I could have a Nationwide Series for NASCAR that would have races that would take less time, but the drivers that prove themselves to be good drivers would be allowed to race in the Sprint Cup series.

Which brings me to an idea I have for a few races to open GT6. I was thinking of doing a Speedweeks series spread over a couple weeks, at Daytona which would kick off with the 24 hours of Daytona at Daytona Road Course using GT and LMS cars, and then move on to having an IROC race using the IROC Camaro, an ARCA race using detuned NASCAR cars, a NASCAR truck race using suped-up trucks, ( I might work with Furinkazin on this one if he's interested, even though he does one-make Silverado's for his series. He has used other trucks in his earlier seasons so I'm assuming testing failed for the other trucks, but with the new physics engine for GT6 we might be able to revisit that.) a Nationwide NASCAR race using the Camaro RM and the Challenger TC, (perhaps also adding some detuned NASCAR cars seeing how the Camaro and Challenger are being phased out of Nationwide,) and finishing with the Daytona 500. I've also been thinking about added go-kart races to that and maybe a 1 lap race simulating the 5K run using the Fiats 500.

Why is the Camaro being phased out in Nationwide competition? Also, the Speedweeks idea sounds brilliant.
And if this one post I saw in this one thread is any indication, Silverstone will have Time Change available. I think there might be an endurance race there already in the works. If that's the case, the ERA FIA GT-inspired series could have a race there ending at night just like at Le Mans and Nürburgring 24h if that venue is also used. Spa, on the other hand, appears to only have Weather Change.

Last edited:
Why is the Camaro being phased out in Nationwide competition? Also, the Speedweeks idea sounds brilliant.
And if this one post I saw in this one thread is any indication, Silverstone will have Time Change available. I think there might be an endurance race there already in the works. If that's the case, the ERA FIA GT-inspired series could have a race there ending at night just like at Le Mans and Nürburgring 24h if that venue is also used. Spa, on the other hand, appears to only have Weather Change.

The Camaro is being phased out because the Impala is being phased in. It's just the general transition of how the Nationwide Series uses a year or two old Sprint Cup cars. Depending on marketing they might go with cars that Sprint Cup isn't using. I expect the Camaro will stick around for a couple more years though. Right now the current Nationwide cars are: Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Impala, Ford Mustang, Ford Fusion, Dodge Challenger, Toyota Camry, and I'm can't remember if the Dodge Charger in there or not.

A race at Silverstone starting in the day and ending at night would be awesome. I'm not sure if we would do that for the series that we're working on planning together right now, but it would be something to look into. I didn't think Spa would get Time Change. I didn't think that any track that didn't already have Time Change would be getting it. Some tracks that don't have Weather Change might get Weather Change. The capability is there easily.

Last edited:
The Camaro is being phased out because the Impala is being phased in. It's just the general transition of how the Nationwide Series uses a year or two old Sprint Cup cars. Depending on marketing they might go with cars that Sprint Cup isn't using. I expect the Camaro will stick around for a couple more years though. Right now the current Nationwide cars are: Chevrolet Camaro, Chevrolet Impala, Ford Mustang, Ford Fusion, Dodge Challenger, Toyota Camry, and I'm can't remember if the Dodge Charger in there or not.

A race at Silverstone starting in the day and ending at night would be awesome. I'm not sure if we would do that for the series that we're working on planning together right now, but it would be something to look into. I didn't think Spa would get Time Change. I didn't think that any track that didn't already have Time Change would be getting it. Some tracks that don't have Weather Change might get Weather Change. The capability is there easily.

So, should we still go ahead and keep the Spa 24-hour or make it a shorter race that's still longer than the other?

So, should we still go ahead and keep the Spa 24-hour or make it a shorter race that's still longer than the other?

Apparently, I was wrong. Spa will have Time Change.*

https://www.gtplanet.net/gt6-course-maker-livery-editor-gamescom/

*Provided that PD actually implements it. They have promised things before that haven't made it into production. I won't be completely convinced until I see gameplay. I'm pretty sure I have seen the Apricot Hill Time Change cycle though in a trailer. PD usually makes good on their promises though, and I don't see it being difficult for them to implement.

Peelster1

You might want to double-check that date. There's Saturday, October 19 and Saturday, November 9 :)

If the latter is the case, I might be able to take it if it's not too late (though it likely is :dunce: )

If it's not, I hope we can switch the weekends next year. Every f:censored:ing event is on bad weeks :lol:

Edit: first thought this was the Safety Car group.. :banghead: Well, potato-potato in this situation, I guess :lol:

You might want to double-check that date. There's Saturday, October 19 and Saturday, November 9 :)

If the latter is the case, I might be able to take it if it's not too late (though it likely is :dunce: )

If it's not, I hope we can switch the weekends next year. Every f:censored:ing event is on bad weeks :lol:

Edit: first thought this was the Safety Car group.. :banghead: Well, potato-potato in this situation, I guess :lol:

Thanks rally, I was in a rush to finish typing as I had already been typing for 3 hours. Bound to make a mistake in that period of time. It would be October 19th, and actually I'll have to make it October 18th as some drivers can't do Saturday but can do Friday.

The series would be quite late for you guys in Europe, but I expect each race to last 2 hours as opposed to the 3-4 hours each race for the last NASCAR series I hosted took as I've cut the race distance by about 47%. Most races are 300 km (about 186.4 miles) where most races in my last series were 400 miles (about 643.7 km). Of course those 400 mile races were oval races and the 300 km races are road races where the 3 oval races will be 500 km (about 310.7 miles). This series might work for you if you don't mind staying up 2-3 GMT into Saturday morning there. We actually had a guy from Finland race with us. One race for that series took him to 6 am! Although most races took him to 4 am.

Last edited:
Back