Extra Wide Pedal for Left Foot & Heel Toe Brakers [T500 & CSP]

DaveTheStalker

Vinyl Addict
Premium
United States
Michigan
DaveTheStalker
[Edit] Originally designed for the T500rs. It has been discovered that this pedal will also fit Fanatec's ClubSport Pedals (see pictures below). Correct nuts will have to be used with the T500rs screws. This pedal will also benefit Heel Toe drivers when the shifter does finally release.

With a release date for the Thrustmaster T500rs shifter yet to be announced, why not adopt the technique if "left foot" braking? It makes your times faster because you can get on the brakes and back to the gas quicker. It makes trail braking into a turn more efficient. While you're mid turn and need to brake ever so slightly to stop the car from pushing through understate. You won't have to remove your foot from the gas to apply very slight braking.

OwensRaciing has developed a solution to make left foot braking more comfortable. We are trying to gauge interest. We believe this is a very useful product for every owner of a T500.

4ddcfeba.jpg

The unit replaces the brake pedal face of the T500rs. As you can see, the pedal is one and a half times wider than Thrustmaster's pedal. An extra wide pedal that screws into both the brake and clutch levers would be for those of us who do not use the clutch at all.

This is a custom made pedal. Made by a sim racer for sim racers Milled on a CNC machine with expert craftsmanship by one of GTPlanet's very own members, OwensRacing. If you're interested, please send OwensRacing a PM.

4ee72103.jpg

What would you want inscribed on yours? ;)

c78f0d8c.jpg

ffaca890.jpg

Last edited:
Cool idea but I personally prefer to keep standard size. I don't have a T500RS yet (have tried it in Frys Las Vegas a couple weeks ago), though I plan to in the future.

It's been brought to my attention, this will also be beneficial to drivers who use the Heel Toe Technique!

I'd love something like this for my G27. Would you ever consider making these pedals for us Logitech owners?

I tell ya, if I had the dough needed to buy either of these wheels, I'd definetly get one of these. :)

They look great.

Here are a few snapshots of the pedal mounted in a various configurations.

Left Foot Braking
6a784762.jpg

5a51f0df.jpg

aa2435c3.jpg

Heel Toe Braking
886b8c9c.jpg

Centered
9b629c33.jpg

Does heel toe technique actually works if there isn't no clutch? Just curios 'coz I know I can do it with the G27 in manual but in a T500 it feels different. I toe brake then heel blip the throttle but it feels more like the gas is fighting the brakes.

Anyway nice product, I like it.

Link to what? His profile? Sorry the mobile app isn't friendly to copying post or thread links and such :(. Just do a member search for OwensRacing. He's been here for awhile.

I sent Jeff a PM, he should reply shortly...

Last edited:
Back