Extreme Weather Edits

• Thread starter leeislee
  • 341 comments
Well lilmann73 I needed to reply to that. ;)

Show must go on guys (the Thread Realistic Show) :)

Any advice or critique makes us better in the long run. At least you know people are looking at your picture.

The best way to avoid feeling hurt by someone's comments is to be your own harshest critic, don't settle for anything below par.

Nil satis nisi optimum!

Last edited:
Of course... Good I'm not the only one who sees it.

Bks, I'm not here to say "it's awesome" when it's not. I told the reflection was wrong and you reply me like that? Ok. I'll never comment your pictures again. And by the way, when did I told you something wrong or bad with your work? I barely now you. I said the rain effect was very good and I mean it. Don't mock on me just because you can accept criticism.

edit: leeislee told you reflection defies the laws of physics and you replayed: "cheers mate". I told you reflection was wrong and you thought I was nit picking. In your gallery you have many great comments on that Supra edit its true. But unfortunately people was being kind or blind. Anyone told you the true... Fortunately here, on this topic, 4 different users saw it. You should be thankful (not to me, but in general, to every person that tells you something is not right with your edit work). 95% of your gallery is very good and your style is very unique as well. But that doesn't mean your perfect (as all of us aren't).

edit2: I'm sorry for being frontal and direct. I don't use euphemisms in English.

I'm not trying to mock you, nor trying to start any argument. I don't mind critique, I encourage it, but I took your post wrongly.

I'm sorry.

I also got the wrong end of the stick with lee's post, I thought he was being pally about it, like "Oh mate, that defies the laws of physics! Epic!"

Again, do apologise and appreciate any feedback. 👍 :cheers:

On a cloudy, rainy day at the Nurburgring Nordschleife everything seemed
dead that day, the track was wet and the conditions were horrible. There
was just one photographer on the track, he was soaking wet due to the
weather but he was determined to shoot some action nevertheless. Suddenly
he started hearing a sound, it was getting louder and louder. He turned on
his camera and was ready to shoot, coming out the corner he saw a car
coming. It was the RUF CTR Yellowbird, a twin turbocharged flat 6 engine.
He took a few shots as the car was coming by at high speed... Here it is.

Hm, the rain drops don't really fit though. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice shot (love the colors), but the rain drops wouldn't fall straight down with all the movement.

Hm, the rain drops don't really fit though. Don't get me wrong, it is a nice shot (love the colors), but the rain drops wouldn't fall straight down with all the movement.
👍 That's a mistake most people make.

Awesome job everyone :drool:👍. Pure talent in here (except for me :dopey:).

Two other bad edits by myself

This one is my 2.0 week 103 entry but edited a bit more

👍 That's a mistake most people make.

Thanks, leeislee :) I also think it's a relative usual mistake.

I put 3 different layers of rain brushes (dif directions and blurs). Rain can fall in straight line from this angle (my shot) but from other angle could look more "sideways"... I don't know how to put it. It's a basic notion of geometry. One line (imagine the line of the rain direction) can make 70º with the plan of the ground. But that perception can change depending on my position relatively with that line.

I'm sorry for my bad english :rolleyes:

Last edited:
8203288297_eae648ab6b_z.jpg

@leeislee how do you make that on screen rain splash ish effect on gimp?
i don't use Gimp mate so i don't know. Although.....It looks like you've got the hand of it below! 👍👍

This...

Nissan GT-R heavy Rain 000 by DistantHikari, on Flickr

To This...

Nissan GT-R Heavy Rain 005 Final by DistantHikari, on Flickr

first time i ever edited a photo

Edit: i should put those water things coming out of the tires huh
Very good mate. Really good first edit. You could try and add water spray coming from the tyres, it's up to you. keep up the good work.

i don't use Gimp mate so i don't know. Although.....It looks like you've got the hand of it below! 👍👍

Very good mate. Really good first edit. You could try and add water spray coming from the tyres, it's up to you. keep up the good work.

Thanks!! yea i seem to have got the rain effect, everything inspired by you.
i think i should have blurred out the picture with motion blur or something like you did to make it feel like its going faster
yea i was thinking about the tyre sprays too, but i dont really know how:( ill just try experimenting stuff and see what works best.

Back