• 66 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
United States
Azle, Texas, USA
GTP_KinLM
KinLM
image.jpg
Not even sure what to say. This "news feature" looks an awful bit like an ad that shouldn't be where it is. If this is here intentionally, I would like to say that I strongly dislike it. I want ads to look like ads and for news articles to look like news articles, thank you very much.

(note: I'm referring to the "truck meets cruel.." Article)

View attachment 190289 Not even sure what to say. This "news feature" looks an awful bit like an ad that shouldn't be where it is. If this is here intentionally, I would like to say that I strongly dislike it. I want ads to look like ads and for news articles to look like news articles, thank you very much.

(note: I'm referring to the "truck meets cruel.." Article)
I don't know if your phone is messed man (I have an iPhone as well and it doesn't look like this).

Yes, it's a new type of ad format I'm experimenting with.

I saw some Ford ads like every two articles. I was like "Man, Jordan sure does love Ford!". :lol:

EDIT: Just noticed there are two ads instead of one on the main forum page now.

upload_2014-7-22_0-4-47.png

Well, while I personally am not a fan, I understand that GTP isn't cheap to run. Any ways to get more money with ads is probably for the better. And it also wouldn't be an issue except for me not being able to afford Premium right now.

So, while I may not be a very big fan, I definitely will not complain about it, as I'm sure that you know what you're doing, otherwise this site would not be anything near as good as it is. But, I and other members do still prefer more obvious ads compared to sneaky ones such as these.

Do others usually get video (with audio) ads? I just got my first one ever on GTP. I hate those things. Those "Ahhh, where the hell is that coming from?" moments.

Please don't.
It happens occasionally, but it happens. Best thing to do is to write down what the ad was for and report it here so Jordan blacklists them.

I understand the need for advertising to keep GTPlanet running (which is why I don't run AdBlock on this site), but I really dislike this type of ad. The should not be shown in the news feed and presented as an actual article.

Just noticed that they are labeled on desktop. And really, I don't mind these ads. Not like they are malicious or anything, they are just kinda there. Sure, they are sneaky, and you might accidentally click on one thinking it's a news article, but that just means more bread for GTP. So I'll gladly give those ads a click now and then. 👍

I was confused for a bit actually. It had me wondering if GTplanet's front page is turning into more of a general car blog instead of strictly GT related stuff.

I get a bunch of HTML sometimes in the ad spaces. I'm guessing Jordan might be doing some updating because I see some changes in ad locations.

upload_2014-7-22_22-52-25.png

It happens occasionally, but it happens. Best thing to do is to write down what the ad was for and report it here so Jordan blacklists them.
Happened again already actually. Same one, it was an Al Jazeera ad.

Im with you guys. I really don't like having to be fooled into clicking an ad. I have GTP as a news feed and I won't have ads as my widgets. I will see where this goes before I make any rash decisions.

:/ I really don't like the way it blends in with the news articles. It seems like those invasive ads that trick you into clicking onto them.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. That is the point though. Ads like that are more valuable to the site.

thatsthejoke.jpg

Sorry, couldn't resist. That is the point though. Ads like that are more valuable to the site.

Well, the thing is, if people are getting frustrated with invasive ads, then they'll resort to programs like AdBlock (Which I do not use, since I enjoy this site and use it on my phone and there's no Adblock available for phones anyway). It is true that people who do not like ads can always purchase GTPremium, but some people need the money for something else.

I always get advertisements for a stupid 3D K-POP karaoke game. Weird. And I don't use AdBlock because Ipads doesn't have AdBlock. Might think of getting GTPremium soon.

This form of advertising is unethical. In journalism, the separation of advertising and editorial is known as the "separation of church and state" and should remain separate. The advertising here now takes on the look of an article and many news organizations are dealing with ethics issues.

And here I thought it was a flaw with the links to their respective articles...that's what I get for thinking. Yay me!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back