Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
The price of the Clubsport Shifter has been officially set to $99.95 as per Thomas Blog.

Regular shifters dropped to $29.95.

Franjo
The price of the Clubsport Shifter has been officially set to $99.95 as per Thomas Blog.

Regular shifters dropped to $29.95.

Yes Thomas's blog is dated 12/5/12.
Same date that I ordered my shifters. Luckily for me I managed to get the more expensive price of 49 euros.

If had waited I might have been unfortunate to save 20 euros. Phew.

@Spagetti,

They definitely are much quieter, and have a different, smoother feel when shifting so to say. On Fanatecwheel.com, Sonac posted a review I made on their main page a few articles down. You will hear the difference. I even tried to quiet mod my first shifter, and its still that loud!

Give it a look. Also, Fanatec has addressed and corrected the problem of the potentiometers moving in the Standard pedals. So rest assured if you order them now, they will not break. Or nearly as fast as they have been.

Does anyone know if Fanatec plans to release a new steering wheel anytime soon? I'm thinking of buying the GT3.

I don't think so. The only possibility would be a variation of packages for the same wheel like the Turbo, Turbo S, Turbo S Pure Edition... but not a new wheel. Now that the GT3 Clubsport Edition is out, and if you cannot wait, get it now while supply lasts ;)

I'm waiting to see the Clubsport Shifter. If I like it, then I'll place my order GT3 Clubsport Edition + Clubsport Shifter; otherwise, I'll get the standard shifter. I can always get the wheel now and wait until then to order the shifters again, but I don't want to go through this hassle. I've waited this long, I might as well wait for a little longer.

Fanatec...
Jessica owes me an interview, so I will definitely go.

He,he.

Sure you don't want Shaun.

Thanks for the reply's on the upgraded feel of the shifters. They arrive on Monday can't wait.

Thanks too for Fanatec honouring the price reduction made on that day that I nearly missed out on.

Not all doom and gloom is it.

Really? I've loved them since I was a little boy. Had a poster of a Ferrari on the wall with an insert of the interior. I've always wanted to own a car with a shifter like that, but I'm not likely to, now is my chance to get close!

Eh, there could be some cars that are reasonably priced that come with Gated Shifters. Although Supercars won't get them, stupid Flappy Paddles. :irked:

I'm actually getting put off by flappy paddle gearboxes. I did want a Polo GTI / Fabia VRS / Ibiza Cupra, but you cannot have them with a manual. So I'll never get one.

I have driven a Ferrari 360 with paddles on a track and didn't the system. The car was great though! I'm sure there are better systems out there, but it didn't have a clutch pedal so it put me off.

I hate the way supercars are going in this respect.

I will always only ever buy manuals for as long as I can.

I'm actually getting put off by flappy paddle gearboxes. I did want a Polo GTI / Fabia VRS / Ibiza Cupra, but you cannot have them with a manual. So I'll never get one.

I have driven a Ferrari 360 with paddles on a track and didn't the system. The car was great though! I'm sure there are better systems out there, but it didn't have a clutch pedal so it put me off.

I hate the way supercars are going in this respect.

I will always only ever buy manuals for as long as I can.

Same here, although if small Family Hatchbacks are getting the Paddles, then it doesn't look good for the Manual market.

Or how about electric cars only having one gear? Eventually there will simply be no need to shift.

That would suck. I don't care if I ruin the Earth forever, I'll keep using Manual Transmission for the rest of my life, which won't be long if I do so, EPA will get me! :lol:

The future is looking bleak for 'petrol heads' and 'gear heads'! Electric cars with only one gear.

Not much beats the feel of a perfect shift with a precise and smooth 'box. Removing the clutch pedal and the box takes so much out of the fun of driving. On a motorway auto's can make sense, but you so rarely change gear anyway it is a redundant argument.

If only every car could be had with a manual (I'm looking at you jaguar).

The future is looking bleak for 'petrol heads' and 'gear heads'! Electric cars with only one gear.

Not much beats the feel of a perfect shift with a precise and smooth 'box. Removing the clutch pedal and the box takes so much out of the fun of driving. On a motorway auto's can make sense, but you so rarely change gear anyway it is a redundant argument.

If only every car could be had with a manual (I'm looking at you jaguar).

Sadly, cars are beginning to do everything for us. Park, shift, retain control, and keep traction. There is nothing like driving a car on a track with a Manual Gearbox and no aids like TCS and ASM, though on some occasions they are needed.

Does anyone else think their may be something happening regards FM4 and the CS shifter? Or do you think Fanatec will just be announcing it to compete with whatever Thrustmaster may or may not shjow regards their upcoming shifter.

Mr Latte
Does anyone else think their may be something happening regards FM4 and the CS shifter? Or do you think Fanatec will just be announcing it to compete with whatever Thrustmaster may or may not shjow regards their upcoming shifter.

I think it is more of a response to thrustmaster rather than Forza TBH.

Would be nice if Forza had some special link with the shifter.

In all honesty the CSS has been rumoured before even the Thrustmaster wheel was announced, I think.

Somewhere it said Forza 4 will be the ONLY game to be compatible with a 7 Speed H-Pattern shifter, until more games release. The Clubsport Shifter is said to have 7+1 Gears, instead of the 6+1 Gears the Standard Shifter has.

I think Fanatec and Turn 10 have paired up with each other, which might also explain why GT5 doesn't fully support Fanatec wheels. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

That is interesting, if FM4 is the only game to work 7+1, what will it be like with other games? Will the 7th gear just not work?

There aren't any manual 7 speeders out there anyway, they are all paddle shifters so this doesn't bother me as such.

Latest Posts

Back