Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I think it will work with other games like GT5. And, if I am correct, the Bugatti Veyron uses a Manual with Clutch thats 7 Speed. Although I'm only 50% sure on this.

Somewhere it said Forza 4 will be the ONLY game to be compatible with a 7 Speed H-Pattern shifter, until more games release. The Clubsport Shifter is said to have 7+1 Gears, instead of the 6+1 Gears the Standard Shifter has.

I'm not aware of FM4 being mentioned in supporting a 7 speed shifter in any official capacity. On my part it's speculation only.

If GT5 gets support for such it very likely would be for the T500RS upcoming shifter and we don't know if that will be a 7 speed.

Last edited:
crispychicken49
I think it will work with other games like GT5. And, if I am correct, the Bugatti Veyron uses a Manual with Clutch thats 7 Speed. Although I'm only 50% sure on this.

The Veyron uses a twin clutch 7 speed semi auto, so doesn't have a clutch pedal. Similar to the Skoda Fabia VRS and VW Polo GTI.

Only some lorries (or trucks if your American) have manual boxes with more than 6 gears. Some 4wd cars have low range boxes, but they don't really count in the traditional sense.

@ Thomas

Is it true your new CSS will be fully T500 compatible ? These would sell like hot cakes if this is the case. Please say its so , as Thrustmaster are dragging their feet slightly.

Thanks

Come on Thomas we need one of your pre E3 little tid/bits or clues.
Youve avoided FM4 speculation, which means your teasing the hell out of us by not confirming or denying anything.

(Arnie Voice) Aaaaarrrwwllllll, Damn You! :)

@ Thomas

Is it true your new CSS will be fully T500 compatible ? These would sell like hot cakes if this is the case. Please say its so , as Thrustmaster are dragging their feet slightly.

Thanks

A requirement of our shifter is full backwards compatibility with all our wheels and all major PS3, PC and Xbox games. This means it cannot be compatible to the T500RS as we would limit ourselves.

But you will change your mind very soon anyway. The CSS will sell like hot cakes but the T500RS will not be the reason. ;)

Last edited:
A requirement of our shifter is full backwards compatibility with all our wheels and all major PS3, PC and Xbox games. This means it cannot be compatible to the T500RS as we would limit ourselves.

But you will change your mind very soon anyway.

T500RS Competetator, for lower price?

And torturous... I'm dying to see what it looks like...

He's enjoying this, isnt he....

"June, 8th – Wednesday
Forza 4: An event dedicated to Forza 4, expect many reveals for the game including in-game footages and new game mechanics."

Im not giving up hope on this being a possibility or link to the new Fanatec shifter or even the possibility of an entire new package related to FM4....

He's enjoying this, isnt he....

"June, 8th – Wednesday
Forza 4: An event dedicated to Forza 4, expect many reveals for the game including in-game footages and new game mechanics."

Im not giving up hope on this being a possibility or link to the new Fanatec shifter or even an entire new package related to FM4....
(cough)

GT2 Limited Super Clubsport Edition

GT2 Limited Super Clubsport Edition

If it was possible and if indeed theirs any chance of it then on a personal note Id say a wheel with Forza branding even without Porsche branding at all could be possible.

I wouldnt even rule out a NEW wheel chasis and not another based off the PWTS chasis but an upgraded or entire new platform? Yes all speculatuion but who knows.

Sorry Im just juicing up ideas on what could be slim possibilities but to me a premium package that is Forza branded would make commericial sense to both parties. Thrustmaster/GT showed that you can sell in good quanties a wheel package that costs more than twice the cost of the actual console. PWTS quickly sold its 10,000 allocation so again I see that as more reason to speculate on such a collaboration happening again.

Furthermore T10/Fanatec knew at E3 last year a GT5/Thrustmaster wheel was in the works. So if they wanted to react to that and work together again then they had enough time to do so.

Oh well enough rumours from me I dont want to get people excited over what could be nothing...

I would however prefer for Thomas to step forward and say if indeed FM4 is not related to the shifter etc than let us keep speculating. It would be easy for him to of already done that, but he hasnt, mmmm.

Last edited:
2.5 very long weeks of us suffering and Thomas enjoying it :D

Well it will be worth it, I enjoy these Pre Release times.
You cant have a surprise announcement / presentation if its not a surprise can you...

I know what the big secret is.

Fanatec is going to release a super console or maybe even a new Xbox. 💡

Or am I fantazising?

The surprise announcement us actually going to be a new type of peripheral. It will aim to simulate the most important device in any modern car, by utilising exciting new technology, it will have an optical device and sound output to give that same feeling of driving along on a warm sunny day, you guessed it, it's a cd player!

Back in the real world, it will likely be the CSS combined with a special package, i.e. A GT2 with Clubsport pedals, shifter and a handbrake for a cheaper price than separately. If only I could afford one!

My guess is a handbrake and a shifter with ForceFeedback (just to say something). Maybe something related with Forza as stated Mr Latte (God forbid).

Last edited:
If it's a product that replaces the GT2 and CS pedals I've been waiting on for almost four months, or a significantly cheaper price with high availability, I'll be rightly upset.

I would hope the announcement would be entrepreneurial in nature, something that gives customers peace of mind that Fanatec is a maturing business, like a limited distribution deal with Microsoft or sponsorship of some sort using the Forza brand name. There's no logical reason to wait until E3 to make the announcement if it doesn't have anything to do with Forza.

I agree Bonefork, I haven't been waiting that long (since March) but if there is a clubsport type package for the GT2 I would like to be refunded and billed accordingly. I decided not to send an email or anything about the drop in 20 dollars from the shifter price, that I'm fine with and understand.

If it's a product that replaces the GT2 and CS pedals I've been waiting on for almost four months, or a significantly cheaper price with high availability, I'll be rightly upset.

I would hope the announcement would be entrepreneurial in nature, something that gives customers peace of mind that Fanatec is a maturing business, like a limited distribution deal with Microsoft or sponsorship of some sort using the Forza brand name. There's no logical reason to wait until E3 to make the announcement if it doesn't have anything to do with Forza.

All companies do the same kind of thing. Logitech didnt tell everyone months in advance, their is a new G27 wheel coming. Thrustmaster didnt announce their T500 months in advance neither. Any business needs to sell its current lines of stock and nobodys forcing you to place an order. So while these situations are unfortunate for some their will always be people that order at a time just prior to a new product possibly being announced.

If indeed this happens at this years E3 and a likely tie in with FM4 does showcase new product(s).

Credit to Fanatec in one area and thats like the PWTS/FM3 situation they not only announced at E3 months in advance with a limited special offer but were able to get the product out the door for the games launch.

Sometimes history has a funny way of repeating itself.
We can only hope.

Last edited:
Too many assumptions (and dreams) here...

So whats your opinion, please feel free to express your own mate.

Do you think Fanatec is travelling all the way to LA to make an announcement/presentation of just a shifter with no commerical tie-ins with any big games?

I think that It is something related with Forza.
Not so much as to say that It's going to replace the GT2 or 3 and the Clubsport pedals...

Thomas asked for our 2011 Wish list on his blog back in December - here was my post:

💡

Submitted by Raudi on Fri, 12/31/2010 - 14:10.

I would love to see Fanatec continue with their excellent releationship with Turn 10 / Microsoft and release a new "official" FM4 branded wheel to coincide with the release of FM4.

This new wheel should be a "budget wheel" to fit in the space where MS wheel and Drive FX price point was. There is a huge opportunity for Fanatatec to win the hearts and minds of XBOX customers looking for a decent budget FFB wheel as there are currently NONE!

Back