Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Just checked how much this cost me when I bought it which was 600 euros which comes out at £468. This was just for the base and formula rim. If I could get him to £550 do any of you guys think that would be a good deal?

Anybody have an opinion?

I follow the fanatec stuff on ebay so based on that your base is worth around 280-300 atm, the rim is around 100, the pedals around 80-100. I dont know about the seat though but im guessing around 150-200?. Take away ebay fees and pay pal fees i would say £550 sounds pretty good. If you sold everything for the maximum you would get £602 after ebay fees and it would be less hassle just selling it all at once. At the lowest prices above it would be £524.

That's just the top of the Universal Hub for CSW V1 and CSW V2. It's PS3 compatible.

UH_M_01.png
What is the probability this Hub someday be compatible with the PS4? Does anyone have any idea about it?

from Fanatec blog :

"...
We had to hold back the first shipment to make final compatibility tests with the new gaming console as we want to be 100% sure that everything works well. Therefore the first shipment is a little bit delayed. Our new target is end of October. If you place a new order you are now in the batch of early December.
"

Console with no "S" so it feels it will only be XBox One for now...

Will be nice with FM5, but a bit worried about PS4 support.

XBO has Forza 5, Forza Horizon and pCARS. PS4 only has Driveclub and pCARS. So it kinda makes sense. FM5 has a relatively large base. As long as there is something when GT7 comes out PS4 owners should be good.

What is the probability this Hub someday be compatible with the PS4? Does anyone have any idea about it?

I believe Thomas said no.

Please be considerate when giving away or selling (ahem!) your codes... there are some Fanatec customers (me, me, it's all about me) who haven't received their code yet.

Thank you

It can be, but will not be attached as an accessory?

Yes it can. There is a data connector inside the UH, just like at the back of the CSWv2 and v1.
If Sony allows it is another question.

Edit:

It's the black socket you see there under the wire of the Encoder. It takes the same RJ11 plug as anything on the back of your CSW v1/2

momo_fanatec_6.jpg

Last edited:
So together with the green A teaser that I read at VirtualR, I gather that Fanatec has signed deals with both parties now? That's awesome news!

Link to said VirtualR article: http://www.virtualr.net/fanatec-first-xbox-one-wheel-rim-teaser

It is indeed Chris.

If it's the case, the wait will have been more than worth it.

One wheelbase for PC + XBOX one and PS4 :bowdown::gtpflag:👍 (and PS3 but who cares)

If i didn't have one, i would order one right now (if i could):lol:

The best scenario would be that the chip only needs to be connected at startup.That would mean we can swap the official (PS4/XB1) rim and use all our excisting rims (wishfull thinking :) )

Just placed my order :D
I just hope they bring a decent wheel for the One.
Really looking forward to FM5 and Horizon 2.
But there are also some promising games coming to PC this Fall.
Will be a busy winter ;)

Btw. Thanks for all the great reviews. It's just a mass of them to read :)

Last edited:
Does anyone here own a Rennsport cockpit triple monitor stand? I would like to know whether it is possible to use it with CSL Seat. I see that monitor mount has rotatable clamps for mounting. There is no info whether it is freely 360 degrees rotatable or only to a certain degrees. Also I can see that you can make the distance between those two upright holding post bigger or smaller. So, to me it seems it is possible to use it if those two parts are the way I think they are. So need a opinion of a person who owns one. Fanatec support of course tells that it is not possible because of totally different construction but the way I see it, both has tubing where it can be mounted, just CSL Seat has it at a lot deeper angle.

Last edited:
When I see that I feel that the "security chip" is just some BS..

Check the PS4 supported wheels !

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

The T500RS is older than the PS4 so how can it have a "new" ps4 security chip, it is just a license problem, not a hadware problem. So I expect that any ClubSport wheel will be PS4 compatible, the 918 RS rim will be perfect for AC, pCars, rFactor2 and GT7...

I do not mean that Fanatec is not trying to be PS4 compatible at all, I think that Thrustmaster and Sony get a deal for a temporary exclusivity or something like that.

There have been a few codes shared around for the US and EU markets, it's frustrating that there is nothing for the AU market going around, I have my money sitting in my PayPal account now ready to order.

I wonder how long in will take for the codes to go out to all the other Clubsport product owners - there are many more regular Clubsport product owners (such as pedals) than there would be of CSR-E / CSW owners and I only bought my pedals this year so I think I have a fair wait in front of me..

Frustrating as I have the pedals, BMW GT2 Rim and Formula Rim all sitting here waiting for the base...

Access-wise, we were screwed over for a long time. I hope that Fanatec are at least honouring the people that bought through Pagnian back in the day. I have two Fanatec wheels, but neither of them were bought direct. Fortunately I'm not in the market for a code anyway.

Same here, been checking emails and logging onto Fanatec website every day in hoping that there will be a code.

I think Fanatec made a mistake sending out so many codes including extra codes if they order. A code should only have been given to a person placing an order, that way you ensure a previous customer coming back. Now codes are coming out and going to non previous customers while we the loyal supporting customers in AU are waiting.

I bought through Fanatec and I've had an email saying I'm getting a code, I just have no idea when.

My rig is going well though, I should have it all built after this weekend, complete with mount for the DSD shifter which is on its way, then it'll be ready for painting.

which games :confused::confused:
Pcars (which I didn't play early access), the Crew and of course some none racing related games ;)

Regarding your invites, give it some time. This was the first batch now for CSW and CSR-Elite owners. The next batch will be pedals and shifter, if there are some codes left. But since the code is timed, and some may be expired the past days, from inactive users, people might still have a chance ;)

When I see that I feel that the "security chip" is just some BS..

Check the PS4 supported wheels !

http://www.projectcarsgame.com/beyond-reality.html

The T500RS is older than the PS4 so how can it have a "new" ps4 security chip, it is just a license problem, not a hadware problem. So I expect that any ClubSport wheel will be PS4 compatible, the 918 RS rim will be perfect for AC, pCars, rFactor2 and GT7....
The T500 predates PS4 launch, but how do we really know that it doesn't have a Sony approved USB security chip from back when it was the official PS3/GT5 wheel?
Sony could easily have decided to make an exception for the T500 because it contains sufficient capabilities for them to determine that it's not a USB hack tool (which is the whole point of the security chip as far as I can tell).

Thrustmaster would not have paid for a useless security chip while Logitech and other manufacturer were making PS3 wheels without it. And if the T500rs is working without an identification chip, it is a proof there is no technical/hardware incompatibility with USB wheels. The Xbox one and the Xbox 360 have a specific FFB standard where some effects are "up to the wheel" so it seems logical that you need a specific chip to handle/store these effects. But for ps4....

Introducing the ClubSport Shifter V1.5
  • Earlier this year we had a flood in our factory in China which caused a long delay as all inventory and the machines were destroyed (and not insured).

We knew this will take qite some time so we used this time to make several improvements on the product to make it more reliable. The new V1.5 of the ClubSport Shifter and ClubSport Shifter SQ has a complete new electronics with new hall sensors in order to avoid any calibration issues and improve durability. The looks of the shifter and other functionality remains the same.

All customers who pre-ordered a CSS or CSS SQ will get a free upgrade to this version.

But there is also good news for the owners of the V1 version which we sold. All CSS and CSS SQ will get a warranty extension of an additional year so you do not need to be concerned. If your shifter is among the few which caused trouble then we will fix it. Of course we will only fix shifters with actual problems and will not exchange all V1 against V1.5 now.

The production of V1.5 has already started and the first products are on the way but unfortunately we cannot deliver all shifters as promised by the end of September. The shifters will be delivered according to the purchase date per region within October and the last pre-orders will be fulfilled by the end of October.

New orders now have a delivery date of end of November. The new factory has bigger capacity so we hope that we can start selling directly off the warehouses soon.

Back