Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
^ this would likely be an xbox version of a Carrera wheel. I like the idea, but would prefer a budget and upgradable multiple platform wheel. A cheaper version of the GT2. Use rubber for the rim, standard pedals and the cheaper shifter and lower the price to EUR200 all in and it would be great!

I like the idea a lot of you have been giving in too, which is the "Carrera" wheel for XBOX. They could call it the Carrera GT wheel! But they should release a version with just the wheel, for like $50-80 USD, so people who just bought the GT3 RS CSE can use their Shifter and Pedals on the wheel, without having extras.

All companies do the same kind of thing. (...) Any business needs to sell its current lines of stock and nobodys forcing you to place an order.
No, Fanatec doesn't have any stock. I've been waiting 4 months for them to make my wheel, not just ship it. There's a pretty big difference, there. I've literally invested in the next batch, it should be latest and greatest.

As for nobody forcing me to order, well, yes they are if I want the product. Fanatec has the market cornered on quality Xbox wheels, there's only one store where you can get one (theirs), and they almost always require pre-orders. I ordered my wheel before the last batch was even shipped out, only after waiting months thinking they'd be readily available by 2011. By latest estimates, it will be over 4 months since I gave $500 cash to Fanatec that I'll finally receive it.

To be fair, I'm speculating worst case (for me) scenario here. I am annoyed at the constant delays, but I'll reserve my judgment until I have the wheel and hear the news. I'm just the devil's advocate blowing hot air.

I honestly don't think there's a strong market for a newer wheel, a budget wheel seems more likely.

Last edited:
I think they should make a remodeled wheel in the shape of an actual MOMO or SPARCO wheel. With the Forza logo in the middle, like the T500RS with the GT logo in the middle.

LOL. I think your all wrong to consider a new budget X360 wheel from Fanatec.
Even one that is FM branded. It doesnt make sense and would also look daft if a new FM4 wheel appeared that was DF/GT quality yet somehow comes with a $100 shifter. Nah dont think so lads...

My reason for this is that Fanatec only have had X360 support on their "Premium Product".
Looking at the price of the Carerra and adding X360 support to that is far from budget and would be too close to the pricepoint of the current GT2. So why would Fanatec want to detract from sales of its "Premium Product" giving X360 support on a much cheaper alternative?

Fanatec charge it seems 80 euro for X360 support in a wheel if comparing price of GT2/GT3.
Also T10 are hell bent on upshowing GT and promoting "Definitive". Those factors combined to me dont say "Budget Wheel"

My own opinion here but if a new wheel package is coming I see it as high end solution and "Fanatec's new Premium Product". Fanatec have already stated the shifter will sell like crazy and is giving you what clues he can.

Nobodys even considered the posibility of Clubsport V2 pedals, have you?

Last edited:
LOL. I think your all wrong to consider a new budget X360 wheel from Fanatec.
Even one that is FM branded. It doesnt make sense and would also look daft if a new FM4 wheel appeared that was DF/GT quality yet somehow comes with a $100 shifter. Nah dont think so lads...

My reason for this is that Fanatec only have had X360 support on their "Premium Product".
Looking at the price of the Carerra and adding X360 support to that is far from budget and would be too close to the pricepoint of the current GT2. So why would Fanatec want to detract from sales of its "Premium Product" giving X360 support on a much cheaper alternative?

Fanatec charge it seems 80 euro for X360 support in a wheel if comparing price of GT2/GT3.
Also T10 are hell bent on upshowing GT and promoting "Definitive". Those factors combined to me dont say "Budget Wheel"

My own opinion here but if a new wheel package is coming I see it as high end solution and "Fanatec's new Premium Product". Fanatec have already stated the shifter will sell like crazy and is giving you what clues he can.

Nobodys even considered the posibility of Clubsport V2 pedals, have you?

:dunce: Sincerely you are massively impressed...

Care to explain in english?

I translated it with the "highly reliable" Google translator, so I don't know what exactly I wrote.
Im trying to have a bit of fun with others in speculating is all...

Just I wanted to say that we're all creating expectations and surely, then, people will be dissapointed or, maybe no, who knows. Jut keeping the feet on the Earth (is it rightly written? :boggled:).

I translated it with the "highly reliable" Google translator, so I don't know what exactly I wrote.

Just I wanted to say that we're all creating expectations and surely, then, people will be dissapointed or, maybe no, who knows. Jut keeping the feet on the Earth (is it rightly written? :boggled:).

You may call it keeping your feet on the ground but speculation in a thread thats actually about speculation is hardly a bad thing, is it?

New wheel maybe in our sites at E3!

Just in from http://www.fanatecwheel.com/that an entirely new wheel MAY be likely for announcement by Fantec at E3.

Decent gym session this morning. Just realises I forgot to drill the wheel stand for the 'top secret' Fanatec wheel we have.

We have no official confirmation for this from Fanatec, but if it is true, it is big news. The most surprising part of the tweet might be the fact that he needs to drill new holes for this "top secret" wheel. That indicates it must have a whole new base design and is the first big redesign since their Porsche 911 Turbo wheel was released.

UPDATE: Lee just tweeted again in reply to another Twitter member asking if Fanatec gave them a prototype.

@PJ_tierney we have a good relationship with all the major wheel producers. Getting the innards early gives us more chance to support it.

Link.

Thats kind of what I thought. The GT3rs is getting old and the Thrustmaster really weakens the knees of Fanatec. I suspect its a replacement for that line. I hope its not another 360 compatible wheel cause I am waiting on delivery of my GT2

I hope I get all e3 news from fanatec before my gt2 ships out giving me a chance to cancel my current order if need be. I'd like to know what new products they have and decide if I want to wait or accept delivery of my gt2. At the same time I don't want to lose my gt2 preorder line

I hope I get all e3 news from fanatec before my gt2 ships out giving me a chance to cancel my current order if need be. I'd like to know what new products they have and decide if I want to wait or accept delivery of my gt2. At the same time I don't want to lose my gt2 preorder line

Likewise, this news is making me nervous. As long as it's a few months from release it's cool... we'll see.

Being a Fanatec customer is a very distressing experience. :\

Fanatec / Me thinks your "Chinese" takeaway is ready for collection. :drool:
Mr Gangi has warm plates in the oven, he awaits your arrival and some F1 fun.

Leave quick before the "Ash Clouds", lol.

The people here are due another fortune cookie, don't you think? :)

Last edited:

I hate Twitter.

But one thing is for sure: You can expect the usual waiting time for our products so if you want to have something to play Forza in time then you made the right choice with the PWGT2.

Twitter definitely makes it a lot easier for people to share something they wouldn't otherwise. Maybe you should start sending out non-disclosure agreements to testers along with the prototypes to avoid it in the future.

But hey...there is still A LOT to reveal and if anything his tweet got me even more excited about your E3 announcement. Let further speculation begin :)

Hi again;
mates, I need some advice. I'm going to receive this afternoon the GT3 Clubsport Edition and seing that news it makes me think what I should do. Considering the new wheel won't be released up to the end of this year, is it worth a refund (-60€, total shipping)? I have no other wheel. Surely I'll buy the new thing and surely the pedals will be current many more time.

Thank you for not ignoring me.

Last edited:
And wait for at least half a year? ;) You'll have great pedals and in case you want to upgrade like a year from now, you can always sell this wheel and buy the new one then (if the new model even is what you want). I don't think it is worth to be without a wheel for such a long time.
EDIT: Oh and don't forget that GT3 is a really great wheel.

And wait for at least half a year? ;) You'll have great pedals and in case you want to upgrade like a year from now, you can always sell this wheel and buy the new one then (if the new model even is what you want). I don't think it is worth to be without a wheel for such a long time.
EDIT: Oh and don't forget that GT3 is a really great wheel.

Thanks for avoiding me to have made a foolishness.

If I refunded it I'd only "save" 70€, since I save 50€ in the pedals, plus the total return shipment 60€ (180-60-50=70€). And surely there won't be a Clubsport Edition at the release to save money with the pedals (supossing there is "only" a wheel). And I would be bored all the summer...

Last edited:
I hate Twitter.

But one thing is for sure: You can expect the usual waiting time for our products so if you want to have something to play Forza in time then you made the right choice with the PWGT2.

It must be annoying yes maybe next time Lee is in the gym he should have a small accident. :sly:

Or just to stirr things, perhaps this is all a fabrication to put us off the scent, look at it that way Thomas. Only a few will know for sure what really is happening and if a T10 or even Codemasters Partnership is in the works. Its still pretty exciting!!!

Most people should be anticipating something new anyways. You have basically introduced a new product each year.

Thanks for avoiding me to have made a foolishness.

If I refund it I'd only "save" 70€, since I save 50€ in the pedals, plus the total return shipment 60€ (180-60-50=70€). And surely there won't be a Clubsport Edition at the release to save money with the pedals (supossing there is "only" a wheel). And I would be bored all the summer.

Its not illegal to have more than one wheel you know.
Enjoy your current order NOW and lets see what the future brings.

Last edited:
Thomas' comment is leading me to believe that the GT2 will be the xbox compatible wheel and the new one (if this is true) might be more of a T500rs competitor, being a high end PS3 and PC wheel.

If only Microsoft would realise that the licensing system for Xbox wheels is actually hindering everyone rather than making them money it would be better. It is Xbox customers that suffer in this.

I hate Twitter.

Thanks for this, I'd rather have a GT2 in June than wait until January for a GTwhatever. I still look forward to your news, the transparency on your behalf only helps your business and eases our minds, your surprise has not been spoiled.

Can I suggest to you that you post information like this on your blog more? As a customer I check it daily to see if there's anything new regarding my order...

Latest Posts

Back