Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Both of my spare AU preorder codes have now been transferred to other members.

Loving my racing set up more and more every time I use it. I'm heading away for another 2 weeks at work now so no racing for me for another couple of weeks.

For those interested in the noise of the wheel, I made this video. I'm running the latest drivers and recorded it from right over my shoulder. Fans are quiet as a mouse and the wheel itself makes no noise when turning etc, which was something the G25 was terrible for.

Both of my spare AU preorder codes have now been transferred to other members.

Loving my racing set up more and more every time I use it. I'm heading away for another 2 weeks at work now so no racing for me for another couple of weeks.

For those interested in the noise of the wheel, I made this video. I'm running the latest drivers and recorded it from right over my shoulder. Fans are quiet as a mouse and the wheel itself makes no noise when turning etc, which was something the G25 was terrible for.

Cool. You just need to exchange that sequential shifter now to do some real stealth driving.

Looks like there is one more area besides warranty where the CSW V2 beat the Accuforce. Is that heavy ffb?

Cool. You just need to exchange that sequential shifter now to do some real stealth driving.

Looks like there is one more area besides warranty where the CSW V2 beat the Accuforce. Is that heavy ffb?
Well, sometimes I use the paddles (in paddle shifted cars) so that's a lot quieter but I love the feeling of the shifter too much! The set up is in my garage so doesn't annoy anyone, if I had speakers though that would probably be too loud so that's why I use the headphones.

For this car and track combo I actually have the FFB gain in Assetto Corsa set to about 60% from memory to stop clipping and then I set the FOR value in the wheel up to 140 to compensate.

FFB effects are nice and strong and full of detail, if the gain isn't lowered in game however the FFB can loose detail.

I'm really happy with it, but I can only compare it to a G25 and not something the likes of the Accuforce so I don't know.

Hey guys, I just got my V2 wheel base and BMW rim, and while testing the wheel i got some strange rattle under strong FFB. Any idea what that could be?
I tried with and without O-ring as well as with and without bolt on the QR.

Sorry about the shaky video, holding wheel and cam while pressing the FFB test button was a little much :D

lol, can we have some vids of people drifting/racing too? all i've been seeing is videos of things going wrong with the wheel and it's making me think about canceling the order.

lol, can we have some vids of people drifting/racing too? all i've been seeing is videos of things going wrong with the wheel and it's making me think about canceling the order.
Look up a few posts - I posted a video :) I am extremely satisfied with mine so don't worry too much.

Could you do some drifting maybe trying to replicate the Accuforce Skip Barber Sebring drifting in iRacing or that AC drifting video. Would be interesting how they compare speed wise and if you can let the wheel auto correct itself.

Could you do some drifting maybe trying to replicate the Accuforce Skip Barber Sebring drifting in iRacing or that AC drifting video. Would be interesting how they compare speed wise and if you can let the wheel auto correct itself.
I'm not home until the 10th but I'll do a few vids when I'm back if people are interested.

Hey guys, I just got my V2 wheel base and BMW rim, and while testing the wheel i got some strange rattle under strong FFB. Any idea what that could be?

Sorry about the shaky video, holding wheel and cam while pressing the FFB test button was a little much :D

There are some bad apples, I myself had to RMA. I think they all make one hell of a racket when you do that test and it can sound worse depending on the mounting.

Best to check if will spin free without power and feel for any binding or resistance during rotation. That's the best I can advise and if you are not satisfied or unsure, contact Fanatec. They are very friendly and helpful.

Well, the rattling is fresh out of the box, so I thought, maybe I did something wrong.
I remounted the wheel and checked tightness of all the bolts, but everything is mounted firmly.
Also what I noticed, with the bolt mounted on the QR, the high pitch jingle disappears (which can also not be the idea of a QR to mount it with a bolt, but ok).

Anyways I have to go to the store, where I bought the BMW rim, because the D-pad is not working, same time I'll test another wheel. Worst case, I'll contact Fanatec later.
It's a bummer, because otherwise the wheel is just awesome.

Haven't checked in here for awhile. Just wanted to report on a couple things. First I've been putting lots of miles on Eric's motor mod and loving it.

Second, I too have a problem with the quick release on my CSW V1. Very difficult to get the wheel off and it has a slight looseness/wobble when attached that mostly goes away with the shipping bolt screwed it tight which inevitably comes loose and falls out no doubt because of the wobble.

I looked at the quick release setup more closely this morning and I think I understand the problem now. The fit of the groove is too tight near the base and too loose near the wheel. Did a little creative scrapping on the wheel hub edges which helped with the wheel not wanting to come off. Needs more scrapping but that won't fix the wobble so I'm just going to leave the shipping bolt in and keep retightening it.

Its a quality control and or design problem IMO, but I'm not blaming the little Chinese slave girls.

Last edited:

Its normal. Mine did it before I sent it in for repair and it still does it now after it came back. It sounds bad of course but its only during the Fanatec FFB test that I ever hear that. When using the wheel in game, I have never run across a scenario that caused that kind of noise.

my new Zalem Eve triple screen mounts. :cheers:

10950499_1072640262762285_1812171895_n.jpg

Hey guys,

What is the best way to mount a Galaxy Nexus to my V2 base? I would like to use it as a data display etc. :-)

velcro is very cheap and effective, i use it on my csr elite but it will amke the back of your phone fury, which i actualy dont mind

I've my galaxy mounted on a piece of plastic glued to a hard case phone cover. It's got the mounting holes drilled and wrapped in carbon fibre. I'll post a picture when I'm back home

Back