Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
The rim is a special prototype made by Audi and has no electronics. It is a unique one-off piece mounted on a prototype of our new wheel.

@tribolik yeah that rim does look really hot though. The color combination is really clean. It even has the metal strip. The diameter is nice and wide (just what I love bout my T500rs).

I can't help but be very intrigued by this prototype....

Fanatec...
The rim is a special prototype made by Audi and has no electronics. It is a unique one-off piece mounted on a prototype of our new wheel.

On your new wheel that works with Xbox.
Guess we will find out soon eh Thomas?

It also looks like they have painted their cockpit , i wonder if fanatec will be doing this also , as it looks a lot better in white than black/grey.

I hope its price will not be out of range, ~400€/500$ the wheel alone would be great (notice how I converted the currency, although not fairly).

I am really excited, the wheel looks fantastic.

Haaaa, tease, tease, tease. :)

Mr Jackermeier, have you any special plans for June the 8th between 8-12pm?
More FM4 info is coming tomorrow/Monday so not long to go if my hunch was right all along or just completely wrong. Well at least I was correct to assume a new "Premium Wheel" rather than budget model was on the cards.

Do I get a Cookie?

Oh well isn't this all exciting, can't wait...

Last edited:
Cookie:
The wheel which is shown on the picture is not what I will show at E3.

PS: Examine the above picture closely. There are more things to discover. Each element of the base has some reason.

It is really hard to guess what is what without seeing it in person and looking inside :)
Ventilation grill on the left?
Detachable steering wheel mechanism maybe?
Screw layout should tell us a lot, but I can't figure it out

Cookie:

PS: Examine the above picture closely. There are more things to discover. Each element of the base has some reason.

*Removable wheel rim supporting real wheels.
*Possible "Sim Dash" feature but improved display would be a natural progression.
*Larger casing with additonal fans/ventalation hints at more powerful motor(s)

You keep ignoring the "FM thing" which is interesting.
Looking forward to seeing you at E3 (in videos) and Im wondering if your going to wear a nice suit like this at E3?

TZDic.jpg

I didnt realise you were in a boy band,lol.
The Cool Mimi Vice Look eh. :sly:

Sorry Thomas, I just had to post that for fun but as punishment to ignoring my Forza 4 speculation.
Also comments on the shifter and what your showing it running on have it seems to of been forgotten.

Last edited:
Another boon if Fanatec's make a high end xbox 360 wheel that will hopefully partition the orders better. This way those of us willing to pay more can hopefully get a new high end wheel that's in stock more often. I sense the GT2s will ofc be more popular due to their nice price point but will remain out of stock regularly. However the higher end wheel I am hoping will be in stock more.

Of course I could be totally wrong and both models will be out of stock. Especially when the new wheel 1st launches... :nervous:

I imagine it takes a long time to develop these wheels... I wouldn't be surprised though if Fanatec is targeting Christmas for it though.

So is this new wheel going to have an easy to remove steering wheel so we can add aftermarket ones? Hmm I hope so.

I'd be willing to hazard a guess that it will be due to the fact it appears they were able to attach this prototype rim.

Last edited:
My best wish for E3 announcements, beside the CSS/CSHB, is Fanatec finally announces the SDK to make CSP/Wheel's LCD plugins is complete and will be released to the community so we finally can start to have more plugins to support more racing titles.

It's been years the wheels and CSP are out. When I've bought my set I naively though we would very soon be able to make those plugins, or that Fanatec would do more of those, or that game devs would have tools to make those too. And up to now, we have 2 games that have a plugin :/ (and one being made by someone not from Fanatec who got his hands on the SDK)

I've got my GT3RS and CSP for one and a half year now, and my brake pedal never vibrated on wheels' locks, my wheel's LCD never displayed anything else than the built-in on the fly setup feature :(

Last edited:
Cookie:

Thomas, looks like your online now. Just wanted to thank your support team for prompt service with my GT3 RS paddle shifter issue. Had a bad micro switch, they replaced the wheel PCB ASAP.

If I may offer a suggestion on your new (next) wheel, it would be to improve the paddle shifter design. A more robust micro switch, and a torsion return spring along with a sturdier pivot would add to durability and feel to the paddle shifters.

Keep up the good work.

If I may offer a suggestion on your new (next) wheel, it would be to improve the paddle shifter design. A more robust micro switch, and a torsion return spring along with a sturdier pivot would add to durability and feel to the paddle shifters.
Yes please. The GT2/3 shifters are ehhm not the best.

When is Thomas going to present? Will it be today, or tomorrow?

Try reading the clues in this thread and his lack of denying anything to do with FM4 and the fact that Fanatec / Endor do NOT have an exhibitor stand at E3.

Maybe Im totally wrong but Ive been right to suspect a new high end wheel was due so Im keen to see what happens at the FM4 "Under The Stars" bash on Wednesday evening.

We may see the Stig (already seen as a teaser) and who knows maybe the Stars are one/some of the TopGear cast, err just guessing. This seems to be a BIG bash and is IMO where we could see Fanatecs new offering. Also keen to see if FM4 is utilising 7 Gears in the H-Shifter.

If FM4 is NOT involved with Fanatec then I will go without coffee for a month, okay well at least a week :scared:

Try reading the clues in this thread and his lack of denying anything to do with FM4 and the fact that Fanatec / Endor do NOT have an exhibitor stand at E3.

The "new high-end wheel" is already confirmed; I wouldn't rule out a Fanatec-branded consumer-class wheel to replace the discontinued MS Wheel.

The "new high-end wheel" is already confirmed; I wouldn't rule out a Fanatec-branded consumer-class wheel to replace the discontinued MS Wheel.

The "High End Wheel" wasnt confirmed on the 20th of May when I posted such a new wheel and repeat collaboration with Forza/T10 may of been very likely.

So will I be right on a FM4 tie-in and will the Shifter be fully incorporated?

People are saying that's the new Fanatec wheel. I was just bout to post that link too. Too bad the photographer was more fascinated by the girl then the wheel

35561_la.jpg

Nice looking wheel... Not even going to start comparing it with the microsoft wheel LOL!

Lol, I hope its a good price too. That thing looks like a wheel from The Fast and The Furious or something lol. Still looks good though, maybe we'll have NOS in Forza 4? ;)

Dun dun dunnnnnnnnnnnnnnn........... Where and when can I get one LOL.. GT2, say hello to ebay.......... Hope this can be ready for FM4 though.

Latest Posts

Back