Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Guys please help me get the new firmware for my CSR I hate that I cannot save my settings.

I finally made the review of the CSR Shifter set. I was planning to also make the Clubsport table clamp review this weekend, but did not manage. Next weekend ;) That will conclude reviews of things I received to review together with the Elite wheel. After that...who knows. Thanks once again to everyone who voted for me.

I believe it was a DSLR but I don't know what brand, lens and settings. So yeah, I am kind of curious as well.

Nice review though. What mic did you use for the sound comparison?

I use a Canon 550D with Tamron 17-50mm f/2.8 lens and sound is recorded with Zoom H1 sound recorder, it is a really amazing sound recorder at a good price.
I usually record between f/2.8 and F/3.5 and tend to have it closer to 50mm than 17mm.

Thanks for the info Sonac. Unfortunately my camera and lenses are not even close to being the same. So i'd have to end up using a different setup I guess. If doing video that is, and I'm not a video kind of guy. ;)

I'll be using the Nikon D90 + Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 + Nikkor 40mm f/2.8 micro. Hopefully they will produce some nice images as well. ;)

without reading through the last 30 pages of this thread, where can i find the lastest info about the csw

There isn't any recent news other than the community testing which seems to have fizzled out.

Edit: 999 post gotta be careful on my next one.

Nothing new on the CSW to report. I wish that the show was already on the road but it isn't. It'll come when it comes I suppose.
Personally I am wondering what will arrive at our doorsteps first, an iPad HD (3) or the CSW.

Nothing new on the CSW to report. I wish that the show was already on the road but it isn't. It'll come when it comes I suppose.
Personally I am wondering what will arrive at our doorsteps first, an iPad HD (3) or the CSW.

You can bet it's gonna be the ipad HD (3)

Like the things are going now i suspect CSW release for the general public not before june this year.

I finally made the review of the CSR Shifter set. I was planning to also make the Clubsport table clamp review this weekend, but did not manage. Next weekend ;) That will conclude reviews of things I received to review together with the Elite wheel. After that...who knows. Thanks once again to everyone who voted for me.

Once again, nicely shot video. By the way, check out my cheap and cheerful method for securely affixing my CSR shifter to my RennSport Wheel Stand. I used electrical tape to keep the shifter from sliding inward, and I liberated a magnet from a dead hard drive to be recycled (any strong magnet will work) to make a quick release stopper on the end. Works very well.

shifter.jpg

Thanks for the info Sonac. Unfortunately my camera and lenses are not even close to being the same. So i'd have to end up using a different setup I guess. If doing video that is, and I'm not a video kind of guy. ;)

I'll be using the Nikon D90 + Nikkor 18-105mm f/3.5-5.6 + Nikkor 40mm f/2.8 micro. Hopefully they will produce some nice images as well. ;)
I'm sure you'll do great. It's not like I have any more experience than what I learned with these reviews and it usually turns out fine. For me the only problem was getting enough light for video at iso 800 or less (I usually use iso 400 to keep noise down). It is not the brightest apartment, so I record at night with 3 500W work lights that I bought for for 15€ a piece.

@12thgear: Is your shifter sliding otherwise? Because all my shifters are quite difficult to get on either metal bars or shifter holders, but once they are on, there is no way they will slide.

BTW: I added tags to news posts on f-wheel.com, which make it a lot easier to find all the news about one particular product like the Clubsport wheel that you were just talking about. I didn't think I would need tagging when I started the site, but now there are so many news posts, it became difficult to find anything, so this had to be added. I hope I did not miss something when I was adding tags to 23 pages of news. :)

iPad 3 will be announced today and in a couple of months you will definitely be able to buy it.

I would, however, not comare Fanatec and Apple, Fanatec hasn't got the amount of resourcer required to R&D and start the production in a short period of time that Apple does.

But both products are made in China so we all depend on communists :)

Edit: LF, as per review then D90 with the lenses you have and proper lighting would be more than adequate to make a review. But the most important is to provide proper information and "say the right words" so you need to prepare your speech - this is more important.

I need your help (Fanatec testers)! I want to build a 3D model (in SketchUp) of the new Clubsport Wheel (-CSR Elite Wheel).
If I'm right, the Clubsport Wheel is going to have the same external dimensions as the CSR Elite Wheel, except the steering wheel rim and the the base which connects the rim to the wheel.
I would be grateful if anyone (who owns the CSR Elite) could give me detailed measurements of it, at least the basic ones I show in the next picture:
fanateccsrdimen.jpg

If this info has already been posted on the net could you give me a link?

Do you think Fanatec would bother to provide me this info, if I address to them (but where specifically)?

ilonioum
iPad 3 will be announced today and in a couple of months you will definitely be able to buy it.

I would, however, not comare Fanatec and Apple, Fanatec hasn't got the amount of resourcer required to R&D and start the production in a short period of time that Apple does.

But both products are made in China so we all depend on communists :)

Edit: LF, as per review then D90 with the lenses you have and proper lighting would be more than adequate to make a review. But the most important is to provide proper information and "say the right words" so you need to prepare your speech - this is more important.

I never said I wanted to compare the two. That would be comparing a F1 car with a Reliant Robin. Lol
Besides I do not know when an iPad HD will be available for everyone. They always launch the products in stages around the world. Plus then there is the fact that in the first 3 months stock is almost non-existant. So getting an iPad HD will be just as much of a challenge if you ask me.

That last thing I still don't have, proper lighting. Although my dad still has a 1000w filming lamp on the attic I doubt that'll achieve the right lighting. Eh... on second taught. I am probably better of sticking to my own way of reviewing.

That last thing I still don't have, proper lighting. Although my dad still has a 1000w filming lamp on the attic I doubt that'll achieve the right lighting. Eh... on second taught. I am probably better of sticking to my own way of reviewing.

It is normally best to stick with what you know and what is most comfortable for you. If you try something that takes you too far out of your comfort zone, it won't look right. No need to be flashy, just let everyone know the hard facts about the product, then add in your feelings and opinions and how it all worked for you.

It is normally best to stick with what you know and what is most comfortable for you. If you try something that takes you too far out of your comfort zone, it won't look right. No need to be flashy, just let everyone know the hard facts about the product, then add in your feelings and opinions and how it all worked for you.

👍

Then if you don't mind guys, i'll stick to the way I did the CSP review here. I felt most comfortable with it as I wrote it up on a whim anyway for the heck of it. lol
Of course I will add some more still visuals to the matter as I want to get a bit more enthusiastic with the camera.

Has anyone heard any other news other then on the CSW? I heard amf7 say that Thomas confirmed a Formula Rim for the CSR Elite on iRacing's forum, but I don't have a source of that. Also I wonder if there is any news on the other goodies shifter and handbrake. It's so darn quiet Thomas, at least give us a black and white teaser picture or something.

@12thgear: Is your shifter sliding otherwise? Because all my shifters are quite difficult to get on either metal bars or shifter holders, but once they are on, there is no way they will slide.

The shifter doesn't slide too easily, but over the course of a race it tends to walk down the posts, closer to the wheel. In some instances I've had the shifter come off during a 4-5 shift. The tape and magnet make the shifter feel properly hard mounted.

With all the hype going on with ISR hating on Fanatec I assume Thomas is heads down making sure this next batch of CSR-E wheels is perfect. I hope so because I plan on ordering one.
Personally I prefer to see Thomas focus on making what he is selling now as good as it can be and hold off on the CSW. Maybe get us an F1 rim for the CSR-E.

Then if you don't mind guys, i'll stick to the way I did the CSP review here. I felt most comfortable with it as I wrote it up on a whim anyway for the heck of it. lol
Of course I will add some more still visuals to the matter as I want to get a bit more enthusiastic with the camera.

Has anyone heard any other news other then on the CSW? I heard amf7 say that Thomas confirmed a Formula Rim for the CSR Elite on iRacing's forum, but I don't have a source of that. Also I wonder if there is any news on the other goodies shifter and handbrake. It's so darn quiet Thomas, at least give us a black and white teaser picture or something.

It wasn't iracing it was. CM FORUMS.

Back