Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
No problem. I was 99% sure it is not possible before I took the wheel off the clamp and removed the angle bracket, but I wanted to be absolutely sure. This was actually the first time I removed the angle bracket off my wheel :)

There are already reviews by such testers of the current products out. There is not really any reviews by people who have driven wheels on say a same combination of car and track and said what the difference is when driving close to the limit. By doing this you can tell the subtle differences behind each wheel which make the difference.

Sounds like you didn't read my review or the one by that guy from iRacing. Maybe I am misreading this comment

For example I know that on GT5 with ABS on 1, there is very little / no difference between say a DFGT vs. say a CSR Elite with Clubsport pedals in terms of setting the fastest lap time possible with the given equipment. However which one makes it easier to achieve a fast time could be explained if you have experience driving both on the limit. If I was to compare the DFGT to the G27 in terms of performance driving, I can appreciate the slightly faster wheel speed of my G27 but also appreciate the faster shifting buttons on the DFGT due to less travel. The ability to do precise brake and throttle inputs with the G27 pedals is a bit easier than my old DFGT and that makes it easier to set a fast lap time.

Okay I understood ya. Yeah you didnt read my review or the iRacing one.

I need to correct myself. I just tried to mount CSR Elite wheel to Clubsport table clamp's wheel plate directly without the angle bracket by using just two screws and it is absolutely solid, because the bottom of the wheel is flat metal. I did not expect that.
In fact, it is even more solid than using four screws and the angle bracket. So yes, it is possible to mount the wheel directly to CSTC without the angle bracket :) Photos:
1.jpg

2.jpg

Thanks again ;) I kind of thought it was confirmed upon release but wasn't entirely sure! And from your pictures it did seem like you were correct originally lol. Anyway thanks for checking again!

I saw that two holes matched, but thought that was not enough for stability. Turns out I was absolutely wrong, it is rock stable.

New firmware spotted on the CSR Elite : 722

I received a replacement today and noticed that the calibration ,which automatically turns the wheel to the center at start up, was gone.

I thought that wheel needed to be updated to the latest 721b.
Already downloaded it, but i checked the firmware version first and it says722

image00001gw.jpg

I have not had the chance to test the wheel with this new firmware yet.

Last edited:
Just wondering but can you use the csr shifter by itself on a pc game? like could you use a ps/2 to a usb conversion plug and use it by itself?

New firmware spotted on the CSR Elite : 722

I received a replacement today and noticed that the calibration ,which automatically turns the wheel to the center at start up, was gone.

I thought that wheel needed to be updated to the latest 721b.
Already downloaded it, but i checked the firmware version first and it says722

image00001gw.jpg

I have not had the chance to test the wheel with this new firmware yet.

I want to know where to get FW v722??????????????????????????????👍

I imagine it will be on Thomas's blog in the next few days... I'm sure whoever sees it will be prepared to post it on here :D

Had the elite for a couple of days now!

GT5 is really really powerful!
F1 2011 is ultra smooth but not very powerful in comparison to GT5. On f1 the fans don't come on I've noticed.

FM4 isnt as powerful as gt5 but it's still pretty reasonable... Certainly more powerful than f1.

So far very impressed... There is no flex in the shaft that I have noticed either.

The csr pedals are also pretty good. I quickly got used to them anyway. On f1 no abs is very easy.... Om gt5 it is very difficult In comparison. I think using the pedals on the special event on gt5 on inter difficulty the first stage abs is worth around 1.5 seconds. It also offers consistency!

Anyway I'll continue to put time onto the wheel and hope to right a review in a couple of weeks :)

amf7
Had the elite for a couple of days now!

GT5 is really really powerful!
F1 2011 is ultra smooth but not very powerful in comparison to GT5. On f1 the fans don't come on I've noticed.

FM4 isnt as powerful as gt5 but it's still pretty reasonable... Certainly more powerful than f1.

So far very impressed... There is no flex in the shaft that I have noticed either.

The csr pedals are also pretty good. I quickly got used to them anyway. On f1 no abs is very easy.... Om gt5 it is very difficult In comparison. I think using the pedals on the special event on gt5 on inter difficulty the first stage abs is worth around 1.5 seconds. It also offers consistency!

Anyway I'll continue to put time onto the wheel and hope to right a review in a couple of weeks :)

Are you playing F1 on PS3?

In game Settings are tricky to get right with that game. I'm playing it on XBOX and without a doubt the FFB is stronger and more violent than GT5 and without question blows Forza FFB out of the water in terms of strength. Either your in game settings are turned down very low or for some reason the FFB coding is different in comparison to its XBOX opposite if you're on the PS3 version of F1. When I first got my Elite I left my in game settings to what I had it set with when I had the CSR and did my on wheel settings the same as my CSR and it wasn't driveable like that for me .the FFB resistance was way too strong and made driving difficult to say the least.

I've played f1 on both...

I haven't really noticed a difference between the two platforms.

In game I think I have everything stock :)

My wheel settings:

Sen: 210
Ff: 100
Sho: 50
Dri: 001
Abs: 95
Lin: 000
Dead zone: 000
Spr-3
Dpr:0

F1 2011 on Xbox:

In game wheel settings:

Advanced: everything is at 0%

FFB in game:

Environmental: 10%
Feedback strength: 20%
Wheel weight: 10%

On wheel:

Sen 210
FF 60
Sho 100
dri 003
Abs 75
Lin 0
dEA 0
SPr 0
dPr -2
ACL off

I don't like overly strong FFB in my games so some will find these settings light for what they may prefer.

Wheel weight is important to get right in this game. I find if you crank it up you will lose the understeer feedback in the game and then can't tell when the car understeers. The dPr setting doesn't seem to affect wheel feel other that effects like when you clip or run over curbing. When set at -3 the effects are very sharp. When turned up to 0 the effects are just as strong but the initial sharpness is toned down compared to the -3 setting. Settings above 0 seem to mush those effects too much for my taste.

F1 is a tricky game to tweak. It's best to make one change at a time as all 3 settngs interact with one another it seems. Same would apply with the advanced wheel settings. I think it's best to start everything at 0% and get the feel as close as possible in the FFB settings ingame and on the wheel and then fine tune as needed if you want in the advanced settings menu.

Im very happy with the effects from the settings I am using... I just don't beleive the effects are anywhere near as strong in comparison :)

I have to agreee in how difficult it is to tweak however. Took me forever!

Back