Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Someone on the iRacing forums who has the wheel says it's 320mm.

5 mm more or less.. I can tell the stats from my testwheel and that were 315 mm.. and I think that is also the statement of Thomas in his video about the BMW rim. But I can tell you, 315 is a good size for this rim I think!
Not too much details here now.. :/

I really wish there was a spring setting in the game to use as well as the wheel!! ATM I'm stock between it being hard to move.. And then a little to soft!

However I have got a new pb arou d Melbourne by .4 of a second so it's not all bad lol!

Hey Thomas, any differences to the CSW GT rim since we first saw it... I do not see any.

6988247603_b8bc2fae3e_o.jpg

Captiuhuure.jpg

thehawk05
Are you playing F1 on PS3?

In game Settings are tricky to get right with that game. I'm playing it on XBOX and without a doubt the FFB is stronger and more violent than GT5 and without question blows Forza FFB out of the water in terms of strength. Either your in game settings are turned down very low or for some reason the FFB coding is different in comparison to its XBOX opposite if you're on the PS3 version of F1. When I first got my Elite I left my in game settings to what I had it set with when I had the CSR and did my on wheel settings the same as my CSR and it wasn't driveable like that for me .the FFB resistance was way too strong and made driving difficult to say the least.

My elite on xbox:
F1 2011 super strong ffb
Forza weak ffb

Both turned all the way up on wheel and game menus

I think the weakness depends on the spring settings... I've changed mine since and prefer it a lot more..

Edit: I don't remember what settings I changed actually so it may not be springs :) I'll post them later!

Last edited:
Its not just forcefeedback that is weak in forza, its shock (ie: bumps, vibrations, hitting a wall, etc.) just weak in forza and not in f1. hopefully this is just a problem with forza, i dont have any other games to try it on, but would love to see how much stronger it is on PC games.

Its not just forcefeedback that is weak in forza, its shock (ie: bumps, vibrations, hitting a wall, etc.) just weak in forza and not in f1. hopefully this is just a problem with forza, i dont have any other games to try it on, but would love to see how much stronger it is on PC games.

Did you update to the current firmware (721B I think)??
I felt the effects also a little flat in FM4 with the stock firmware, but after the update it got amazing.

have anyone find out if with the quick release like that ( the CSW) will it be loose after a while, you know with all things, the more removable parts the more chance it becomes wobbly after sometimes?

I am sure quick release systems in for real cars don't come lose, because that would be completely unacceptable.
I hope it is not too difficult to replicate that and that we won't see such problems :)

Yeah, i have firmware 721b installed and it definately made a difference in removing the deadzone and accentuated the minor bumps and feel of the wheel. i just wish it had more strength. in F1 2011 i have to turn the ffb down to 30% in game (100% on the wheel itself) before i can feel confident enough to countersteer a slide but in forza i have everything maxed out and its still weak enough to drift with. i am not an extremely strong man either. i just want to have enough force feedback to match F1 2011's. or even enough so i have to back it down a notch. its maxed out and i know how much powed this wheel has because of F1, but right now i cant get enough ffb and shock (environmental effects) in Forza to be happy :(

when is the release date of CSW and rims? i knew you said late last year but due to some manufacturing reason you postponed it. so when is it? summer?

Last edited:
last update was end of q1... i dont know if they changed it...

Unless they release it by the end of next week, you bet on it that they changed it. No clue as to when though as there isn't even a word about a round 2 for testing the new equipment yet.

lemansfanatic
Yeah, i have firmware 721b installed and it definately made a difference in removing the deadzone and accentuated the minor bumps and feel of the wheel. i just wish it had more strength. in F1 2011 i have to turn the ffb down to 30% in game (100% on the wheel itself) before i can feel confident enough to countersteer a slide but in forza i have everything maxed out and its still weak enough to drift with. i am not an extremely strong man either. i just want to have enough force feedback to match F1 2011's. or even enough so i have to back it down a notch. its maxed out and i know how much powed this wheel has because of F1, but right now i cant get enough ffb and shock (environmental effects) in Forza to be happy :(

Does anyone else have this problem with forza?

That thing looks like it could stop a bullet. Anyone know what it is going to weigh? Looks like it will need a sturdy mount.

GTMail
Yes I have the same problem here. I think it's just Forza. The FFB is crap compared to GT5.

Ahhh, great -thanks. i thought there was something wrong with the wheel not reading the coding correctly or something else. good to know its just the game.

lemansfanatic
Does anyone else have this problem with forza?
I'm using the 721b firmware and I think Forza's feedback very strong.. I've dialed it down to 50 percent in the game and the wheel is set to 100 percent.. I'm driving mostly class f fwd cars atm but I've noticed the ffb is not as strong on higher classes rwd cars.. What kind of car do you drive?

Back