Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
You should become an analyst and earn a lot of money for your prophecies. :)

Is this a cryptic message from you confirming what he said;)?

I am being 100% serious when I ask that because I am about to drop money on the CSP today and if I should wait then I need to know or at least be given a little hint. I will buy pedals from Fanatec regardless but I dont want to make a purchase only to find out a month later at Gamescon they are being revamped with a newer version.

Add CSR Elite pedals to the list ;)

Ok, so adding the CSR Elite Pedals, is this correct now?

Wheels:
PS3/PC compatibility only

1. 911 GT3 RSV2
2. 911 Carrera
3. Clubsport Wheel

All systems compatibility
1. 911 Turbo S
2. 911 GT2
3. CSR Wheel
4. CSR Elite

Pedals: (compatible with any wheel, therefore compatible with all systems)
1. CSP
2. CSR Elite
3. CSR Standard
4. Standard

Last edited:
Jenius that seems right...

However the only incompatibility I see is that the CSH may not be compatible with the original standard pedals. Also the V1 CSP batches as I pointed out earlier. Some of the early sets do not have the "Handbrake" connection on the board of the pedals. It has not been established yet when this was added.

A new replacement board may be required for some of the early adopters of the CSP but Thomas can acknowledge/inform people here on this situation but I point it out as it should be mentioned on the products information page whenever that appears.

At least now we have confirmation that the CSP Pedals are to remain as the top line product. I would then assume as an educated guess the CSR Elite fall below the CSP price point. So we could assume it is possible that the "CSR Elite" pedals will come in around the 100 - 150 euro price bracket. Possibly being a 30 - 50 euro extra over the standard CSR pedals.

Last edited:
Latte have you got your wheel working proper now?

It works no problems now, only seems to have a weird POWER ON issue with the cold winter temprature and not powering up. Im not certain if its an issue with the PSU or the wheel.

I sold my previous GT3RS I also had a long time ago so had no way of doing a quick swap with the PSU to determine what it was at fault.

I got one in Maplins, mine was only banging out 18 ohms instead of the 24.

If you haven't got a multimeter, their happy to check your supply out.

It works no problems now, only seems to have a weird POWER ON issue with the cold winter temprature and not powering up. Im not certain if its an issue with the PSU or the wheel.

I sold my previous GT3RS I also had a long time ago so had no way of doing a quick swap with the PSU to determine what it was at fault.

I'd always check these external PSUs first. I'm sure you can go down to an electronics shop and find a compatible replacement. It's a pretty standard connector and the output I think is 24v, 2A.

It doesn't even seem to matter what brand or type peripheral I use (NAS, HD, router, etc); they all have these cheap, unreliable power supplies. I've had to replace countless external PSUs for myself and clients.

It's gotten to the point that for critical devices I just stock spares. It's saved my bacon more than once. Thomas, can we buy spare power supplies separately? I'd call my wheel a "critical device".

I have the SAME issue. Well, with the first wheel, it was more obvious. I got a replacement due to this the first time. The 2nd wheel only did it for a couple of seconds, not 1-infinite minutes. I just hope later this year, the issue does not develop, I do keep my apartment at 65 Fahrenheit + in the winter, so do not understand the issue. In the summer, the AC blasts right on the thing, and it starts right up. Weird......

I made a change to the all system wheels putting the CSR Elite 3rd ahead of the standard

Ok, so adding the CSR Elite Pedals, is this correct now?

Wheels:
PS3/PC compatibility only
1. 911 GT3 RSV2
3. CSW

All systems compatibility
1. CSR Elite
2. 911 Turbo S
3. 911 GT2

Pedals: (compatible with any wheel, therefore compatible with all systems)
1. CSP
2. CSR Elite
3. CSR Standard
4. Standard

Last edited:
@The Jenius
If your arrangement is based on more advanced wheels first and so on, then CSW should be in the first place and GT3 RS V2 second, but doesn't really matter, it's more of a nit-picking.

The CSP V2 was a speculation of Mr Latte and he is right that some day we will do it but there are plenty of other things to do first ;)

Indeed, it was me merely assuming it's something that could/would one day appear. Not that one is going to pop up soon. I would recommend that a V2 has a floor/panel so it better protects or hides the cables and includes the components of the tuning kit.

We have to realise this if anything will be a rather hectic schedule for Fanatec in bringing all the "already confirmed products" they have coming to the market.

Question To Fanatec
Does the CSHB use the same contactless sensor as the pedals?

Last edited:
No, it will be a potentiometer because precision is not that important and we wanted to make the product affordable.

@The Jenius
If your arrangement is based on more advanced wheels first and so on, then CSW should be in the first place and GT3 RS V2 second, but doesn't really matter, it's more of a nit-picking.

I find this interesting tough.

Looking at the new wheels, the CSR Elite is the new top of the line and is set to be better than the Thrustmaster T500RS.

The GT3RS and GT2 are Fanatec's mid-range wheels.

Where then do the CSW fit?

The Carrera is soon to be discontinued, so to me the CSW+CSR standard would be their new logical entry level solution and be priced below the GT3RS+pedals. If priced similar to the GT3RS, why continue to sell both products (as planned). If priced above the GT3RS, is there really room for that many products, ie CSR Elite -> CSW -> GT3RS.

^^^^^^^^^

CSW>CSRE>CSR>GT2>GT3RSV2 if I am not mistaken.

It would be great if you offered an upgrade like you did with PWGT3RS V2 for the CSP V2. This would make purchasing a CSP a lot easier.

Suggestions for the CSW wheel mountings (all non branded)
- Classic Le Mans style wheel (Leather, metal, no paddles, etc. Would be perfect with CSS)
Ferrari-330-P3-4_2.jpg

1076d.jpg

- Rally style wheel (with detachable paddle shifters)
The-New-2011-Ford-Fiesta-WRC-Rally-Car-interior-2.jpg

- GT Racing style wheel (similar to rally just thinner)
epcp_0901_03_z+Porsche_911_GT3_RSR+steering_wheel.jpg

- Super car wheel (CF, leather, metal, plastic mix w/ large metal paddle shifters, maybe rec counter built in)
4834495342_408b7e6ea7.jpg

- And obviously the F1 wheel. Which coincidentally is just like a Le Mans prototype wheel.

The ClubSport Wheel will be the top of the line. It will have the high end base (same base of the CSR Elite with some modifications) with a quick release so you can choose between several (??? We hope) wheel rims.

It wasn't officially unveiled yet so some features are not so clear at this point.

The GT2 (and perhaps all of it's predecessors) has a bit of a hum noise coming from the small internal fan. My question to Thomas: does the new elite base have a fan at all (I didn't see one in any of the pics), and if so, is the fan noise gone?

It is a physical law that the power needs to go somewhere. In a FF wheel the power will be transformed into heat. The more power, the more heat.

The CSW and CSR E are very powerful wheels so we definitly need a fan. But we had space to use a big and more silent fan as used in PC casings.

It is a physical law that the power needs to go somewhere. In a FF wheel the power will be transformed into heat. The more power, the more heat.

The CSW and CSR E are very powerful wheels so we definitly need a fan. But we had space to use a big and more silent fan as used in PC casings.

That's encouraging, thanks for the quick reply Thomas. Can't wait for the elite wheel :drool:

No, it will be a potentiometer because precision is not that important and we wanted to make the product affordable.

Ahhh, thanks for the confirmation on this.
Id love one for my cockpit but concerned as are others Ive talked to about its compatibility with console games. Does it replicate the motion from a thumbstick on a pad and can be mapped as a control in various games?

Will it work with Dirt 3 for example? Or will FM4 for instance be specifically developed to utilise it and may be the only console game at that point to work with it? Just wondering how your testing with console support has been going?

Understandably with PCs it will not be an issue but my own concern is will it be limited/relying on future console games needing to be supported?

Last edited:
Understandably with PCs it will not be an issue but my own concern is will it be limited/relying on future console games needing to be supported?

I have the same concern. Although, this is probably more up to Codemasters, PD or T10 than Fanatec.

We managed to convince Microsoft that the handbrake is now a standard feature implemented into the console so it is easy to support and we will send samples to all relevant publishers. On PS3 it will not be supported for now.

Back