Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
BeefyPeeg
I'm sorry, perhaps I misread the title of this thread where it used the word "discussion"?

But you have discussed nothing that was also in the title, other than that you will not buy.

I'm sorry, perhaps I misread the title of this thread where it used the word "discussion"?

You did misread it. Discussion of CSR, CSR Elite, CSW, CSS and CSHB. None of these are out yet so your pedals are not a topic here. This is where people want to go for new info on new products, not to hear about well-documented quality issues that permeate MANY other threads.

It is possible to change the rim in theory, but it doesn't have quick release and no other rims made by Fanatec as far as we know.

I am soo confused.:dunce:

Below is a snipit from the Thomas' Blog some from Thomas himself

Submitted by sciroccojunky on Tue, 07/05/2011 - 22:42.

hey Thomas,

I'm confused. Is the CSW Elite the multi platform wheel with the quick release? Looking below it's confusing which is which. Personally I have both an xbox and PS3. The Elite wheel from what I thought was multi platform IE xbox, PS3 and PC. The quick release wheel option is a must for me as I must have the F1 wheel for F1 2011/2010. Hoping that the quick release would be for the multi platform wheel for those of us that have both systems.

some more details on that would be great.

Submitted by bimmerman on Wed, 07/06/2011 - 06:50.

So far Thomas confirmed that CSR Elite is Xbox compatible, but doesn't have quick release and CSW has quick release, but doesn't support Xbox. There's no CSW Elite, at least at the moment.

For people like me (multi

Submitted by Rich.vw on Tue, 07/05/2011 - 12:13.

For people like me (multi patform) who would prefer the CSW, could you not make an xbox quick release rim with only the xbox buttons, this would solve the MS license problem.

Submitted by Thomas on Tue, 07/05/2011 - 13:01.

In theory yes but it requires a lot of other changes as well. The CSW electronics is very different from the CSR Elite

So...to me it does not look like the CSR Elite is compatible with the PC / PS3

So...to me it does not look like the CSR Elite is compatible with the PC / PS3

Thomas has said that CSR and CSR elite are multiplatform. End of story. No more investigation required.

Electronics are different of course. Partly due to that CSW doesn't have Xbox compatibility, partly due to its rims probably have more buttons, joysticks and who knows what else.

Last edited:
Hm, been awhile since I even looked at this thread but it still seems like very little to nothing has been revealed. If CSR Elite doesn't have a quick release then that takes away a lot of the allure (me personally). but i was thinking of getting the CSR Wheel anyway I guess

All I see when I look at that wheel is yet another failed creation of an already flawed company. They can't even get the products they have now to work correctly for very long, yet are going to stuff another wheel on the market, just in the hopes that the additional drooling it will cause will blind people to the reality of their pathetic products. Furthermore, I can guarantee those two letters "C" and "S" will beef up the price as well.

I have already spent my money on one Fanatec product and have yet to really use it in the two months I've owned it, due to poor design and even worse quality control. The thought of ever buying another (or suggesting that my friends or family do so) is absolutely gone now.

In fact, with the sincere hopes of an official Fanatec reprepsentative reading this, I would much rather have my money back than be subjected to the failures of yet another replacement product. I had choices when I bought my wheel, and apparently chose poorly.

Complaints like this go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147392 (Fanatec Customer Support thread)

Not in this thread 👎

Thomas I highly respect you very much for taking the higher road and ignoring obvious taunts like this.

Thomas has said that CSR and CSR elite are multiplatform. End of story. No more investigation required.

Electronics are different of course. Partly due to that CSW doesn't have Xbox compatibility, partly due to its rims probably have more buttons, joysticks and who knows what else.

Alright I'll take your word for it. Thanks :cheers:

Complaints like this go here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=147392

Not in this thread 👎

Yet the rest of it is clearly within the boundaries of the subject. This was not meant as a taunt, nor should have ever been perceived as such. It was a statement of concern over the products being offered by this company. For the record I have taken the "higher road" and paid for my product, been patient, respectful and courteous (up to this point), and even communicated my concerns directly to Thomas via PM. Please save the sanctimonious remarks spawned from your own delusion for another. Internet forums are for discussion - whether or not you enjoy or agree with the comments of another is irrelevant.

Since it has become offensive when a person enters a discussion with a personal opinion or view point not directly in line with the harmonious balance of bias expressed by others, I will post elsewhere.

You may now resume your one-sided discussion of drooling and fanboyism...👎

Last edited:
You really don't have to spam every thread about Fanatec though. You posted your thoughts and complaints, it doesn't need to be everywhere.

IMG_1407.jpg

IMG_1411.jpg

Man she needs to be the official mascot for Fanatec. You know, always show a pic of her holding the wheel and pedals :dopey:

Caz
Whoa!
new fanatec cockpit

handbrake is visible here
IMG_1365.jpg

In the picture with the CSP angle adjustment it looks like the Hall sensor board on the gas is covered better and the connector comes out at an angle now. Much better than coming straight out like on the current model. ( or at least mine from december)

IMG_1390.jpg

New cockpit looks pretty hot there as well. He's been very busy over there 👍

Yet the rest of it is clearly within the boundaries of the subject. This was not meant as a taunt, nor should have ever been perceived as such. It was a statement of concern over the products being offered by this company. For the record I have taken the "higher road" and paid for my product, been patient, respectful and courteous (up to this point), and even communicated my concerns directly to Thomas via PM. Please save the sanctimonious remarks spawned from your own delusion for another. Internet forums are for discussion - whether or not you enjoy or agree with the comments of another is irrelevant.

Since it has become offensive when a person enters a discussion with a personal opinion or view point not directly in line with the harmonious balance of bias expressed by others, I will post elsewhere.

You may now resume your one-sided discussion of drooling and fanboyism...👎

Except for the fact that this thread is not for discussion and complaints of Fanatec products, other than the CSR line and Clubsport Wheel, as well as CSHB and CSS. You previous post's were about other wheels that Fanatec makes, rendering it as off-topic. You could have at least said something about Gamescon, but no. You don't see me clogging up the thread with my load cell problems and pictures do you? I keep that to other threads, or through private message.

And we aren't one sided, mostly because there is only one side to the thread, and that's talking about the upcoming Fanatec wheels. We would kindly welcome complaining about the new wheels being shown at Gamescon, but you really can't. Not unless you talk about how the CSR doesn't have quick release, or the CSW doesn't have Xbox Compatibility. Instead, you made a comment about how the wheel is a failure. Now how is it a failure? You haven't even touched it now have you?

sandboxgod
Man she needs to be the official mascot for Fanatec. You know, always show a pic of her holding the wheel and pedals :dopey:

New cockpit looks pretty hot there as well. He's been very busy over there 👍

10 grand for it!!!! Tho it does come ready to play.
3 screens
3 xbox
3 ps3
3 gt5
3 fm3
3 fm4
Css shifter
Css handbrake
Cs wheel
Fanatec version of buttkicker?

Not bad overall, need to find me a sugar mama ;)

All cables etc wired to one power out

The Quake I believe is nothing to do with a Fanatec Design/Product like a Buttkicker.

I believe it to be this company and likely one of their shakers/tactile units.

These are meant to be high quality and more musical with better timing than Buttkickers but not tested one or compared myself. Thomas can loan/send me one if he wants (fat chance) though Id like to compare it for review/personal interest to 4 other brands/models of tactile that I own :)

Im glad he didnt go for "Crowson Tactile" though, those are about $500 each and are built into their own fantastic cinema seats.

Last edited:
@ Bumer - Here - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnvBVoJgP80

That is the CSW base from my understanding the CSR wheel base looks like the GT2 just in black and red. The CSW base is bigger and beefier.

Hi,

Great video. I notice that the seat is moving in the demo. Is FM4 compatible with DBox or other motion simulator? I did not know that console games are compatible with motion SIM hardware. Or is this Fanatec proprietary mechanism?

Cheers

That's a very nicely written article their Sonac.

The steering felt very fluid without any mechanical stutter or snap off and the combination with Forza 4 was a thrilling experience. I would compare the steering to a go-cart experience, but far more easy to steer. You are now able to steer way faster than you could with a Porsche wheel, which must be a benefit of the new mechanics inside. Another benefit is the refined and more direct force feedback, I felt every loss of grip directly when it occurred, which let you faster react, because you know sooner what is happening with the car on the track.

Interesting, it sounds like Forza has stepped it up in the FFB department. I recall reading complaints that FM 3 didn't handle force feedback effects so well. In conjunction, it also sounds like Fanatec has stepped it up. I would've liked to read more analysis into how strong the FFB is and inevitably how it compares to the t500rs.

Then there is the CSW in which I am assuming Thomas decided to create due to the limits on the 360 (can't use exchangeable rims). I am still shocked the CSR Elite will not have this feature. I assumed with 100% certainty it would have it. The majority of your F1 2011 players will be on the Xbox so that's a little strange too me. I read that post above where Thomas tried to explain but it wasn't very clear. Perhaps he could post about this later after he comes back from the convention

In anycase my wallet will be hurting from the new T8RS shifter purchase so I was thinking of going for CSR. Would like to see more comparisons in regards to CSR Wheel vs GT2.

Also I wonder what Mr. T has planned to counter TM's shifter? I read his comment they had to focus on getting these new wheels out for FM 4 which makes perfect sense. But I wonder what timeframe are they looking at? Perhaps next year's gaming conventions to give people even more to look forward to

The CSR Elite by it self is supposed to be a killer for the wallet isn't it? I may just have to put this on my Christmas list. I really don't have anything anyway to put on there. In fact, now that I think that's the only thing I want, may just ask for my B-Day. It's earlier.

Please Thomas, give this wheel to us by December 8th! Please!

I lol'd.. Not criticising (spelling?) you. Like me your probably not english...

Yeah I was born in the USA so English is my only language. sadly I don't see the grammar errors :nervous:

Everything passed the spelling checker (I think). I was in a hurry though when I wrote that post is my only excuse if it was that bad.

Thomas, will there be any chance of changeable wheels on the CSR-E? It looks like there's room to to simply remove the Forza rim and add in the quick release mechanism. I'd really love to have an F1 rim and something more like a GT rim for my non-Forza racing.

Now that Thomas knows the price/release of the T500 shifter. He can be sure to understand how his pricing policy for a complete set of wheel/pedals/shifter can compare. The CSR doesnt seem to be getting as much limelight which so far is a shame as it is still going to be an incredibly good wheel with better shifters than previous Porsche wheels. Id expect more on this wheel to come soon. Does it use the same FFB as the Elite?

Im picking up from different forums a bit of disappointment in the Elite having the same wheel rim as the CSR, okay with some fake looking CF but I get a jist that some people wanted / expected more highend feel over the CSR version. Not that the wheel used is bad at all but the differences are so minimal and the wheel rim is an important part.

We have to assume that maybe hes waiting to get more things in place (new website possibly) before announcing everything?

I think most people are anxious of when/how many units of the new wheels will be ready for FM4 as it is creating a great amount of interest at the moment.

Last edited:
As far as pricing I hope it goes like this

CSR: $200
CSRE: $250
CSRPedals: $100

CSW: $400-500
CSP: $150
CSPv2: upgrade kit $50 (if there is one)
CSPv2: $200
CSS: $100-125
CSHB: $50-100
CSW separate wheels: $50-75

I really hope the CSW is not too expensive.

Hey simracer92 if you still online you should edit the post and embed the vid. just hit the youtube button and put SgnxlWXs_CY within the tags and it will be embedded. Good find. Watching the vid now and will edit this post in a bit with my thoughts*

UPDATE: Yeah Fanatec has stepped it up in a major way. It's obvious the CSW is aiming to be the leader for PS3/PC. I wasn't quite sure how this 'quick release' mechanism would work but it looks even easier than I imagined plus you can do it while playing a game! Makes perfect sense but looks brilliant. The FFB looks to be a monster in the T500rs range and/or stronger. This is what I was waiting to see. Very fast radial speed. And did I hear you can choose between attached shifter paddles or static? That just owns. I'm getting the vibe Thomas aim here was to just make the best possible wheel they could make. Also, may I dare say it looks very reliable and high quality. Hm, all I can say is TM will have a big fight on their hands. The Fanatec vs TM war will be amazing. This is a great time for a sim racer

And man---- that price! Only $450 did I hear that right? That's a good value for the money.

Now we just need to see the vids for CSR Elite and CSR wheels.

Last edited:
Back