Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
I think it must be a wheel as well, and considering that the Accuforce wheel might hit the street in 2014, it makes sense for Fanatec to get some PR for their wheel.

Competition is always good for us, and if it is a Direct wheel from Fanatec, having two companies coming out with one might also put preasure on others in addition, one step closer for a higher quality wheel for cheaper price is what I am hoping for.

Accuforce will be under 2000USD the rumor is.

Luckily for us with thedaily countdown from 7 we do not have to wait long before finding out for sure either.

I'm hoping for $999.99. Assuming it is a base and no wheel rim.

But guys I think the big take away is that the reveals are one a day not one a week or... one a month :).

I'm assuming no less than €1500 for a direct drive base, with rim costs bringing it close to €2000 anyway... But let's say they hit €1000 building it in China: yes or no?

Fanatec has more scale effect than other companies that do 1000 eur and more wheels.

So theorically, we can expect something less expensive from them than from the competition.

Anyway, 1000 eur/usd seems a barrier above which there is a very limited market potential. Not sure that Fanatec wants to try that even if, for sure, their engineers have ideas to build that kind of product.

Counting down from 6 to 5 more days untill you guys know what it is......

8b595a5527c01df690092576bdc6ae.png

Something hard maybe...?????

Could be PS4 compatible. Thomas said this on Facebook;

"Hey Sébastien Tixier, you are just jelous that you did not come up with that idea for The Crew. :D

It will be a great product to play this game"

I know The Crew is PC also but there is still a possibility.

Hmmmm, rock solid and such just doesn't ring to me as something that would mean PS4 compatibility. That would be highly disappointing as I don't play on consoles any more.

Whoa this is definitely a direct drive wheel. Things are getting real interesting if Fanatec gets to market before SimX

Well if it is a direct drive wheel, then they definitely get it to market before SimX, as Thomas said that this mysterious product will be available right away.

I got to say that anything else then a direct drive wheel will leave me dissapointed at this point. Though I know I am in no position to demand anything at all.

Kudos to Fanatec to have the product (whatever it is) available so soon though.

If it indeed is a direct drive wheel then it has been a very short time from the community hearing talk about it until a release, which I think would be impressive.

Accuforce might face competition alot sooner then expected.

I'm waiting not so patiently as I'm very interested in this. I was just about to pull the trigger on a CSW so I'm glad I waited, it will be good if it has some kind of backward compatability with the PS3, even though I don't play GT6 very often.

If that is a PS4 wheel that would be an extreme slap to us Fanatec Wheel owners!
Nope. You wanted Fanatec to ensure compatibility with something that didn't even exist at the time? Or would you like them to never have a PS4 compatible wheel so you won't feel sad?

To make things more interesting, I remember reading in iRacing forums, Simxperience Berney answered to someone who wanted to know whether he can use his CSW rim on their AccuForce wheel and Berney answered something like CSW rims QR can't handle such forces. So, if Fanatec releases direct drive wheel at some point, we can see who is right. If Berney is right, then Fanatec makes their direct drive wheel not very torquey or changes their QR system. If Berney is wrong, than he probably doesn't know much about materials or construction or such.

To make things more interesting, I remember reading in iRacing forums, Simxperience Berney answered to someone who wanted to know whether he can use his CSW rim on their AccuForce wheel and Berney answered something like CSW rims QR can't handle such forces. So, if Fanatec releases direct drive wheel at some point, we can see who is right. If Berney is right, then Fanatec makes their direct drive wheel not very torquey or changes their QR system. If Berney is wrong, than he probably doesn't know much about materials or construction or such.

Who knows, but that could be just marketing talk from Berney.

Yeah, I think Berney is just talking up his product personally. The Fanatec QR seems pretty solid when it's machined properly (without slop) and I have used it on my own modded wheel with one heck of a lot more torque than stock with no issues.

Nope. You wanted Fanatec to ensure compatibility with something that didn't even exist at the time? Or would you like them to never have a PS4 compatible wheel so you won't feel sad?

As I know, the Fanatec wheels do not/will not work on PS4 because Fanatec is waiting for a logitech driver. So that suggests me that they are too lazy/greedy? to make their own drivers and let the old wheels work on PS4. This security chip talk is BS. The T500 has no security chip and will work on PS4.

I paid about 500€ for my Fanatec setup. But there are people out there who paid 1000€ and more and now have to buy another new wheel if they want to play on PS4? thats sad.

If all the existing Fanatec wheels use 2 small FF motors, just like the Logitech G25/27 series, then isn't this the reason why Fanatec wheels can use Logitech drivers to emulate the G27 on PS3? So if the coming wheel is a direct drive single motor unit, would it be able to emulate the G27? If it could emulate the T500 instead, then PS4 compatibility is possible (I wish).

As I know, the Fanatec wheels do not/will not work on PS4 because Fanatec is waiting for a logitech driver. So that suggests me that they are too lazy/greedy? to make their own drivers and let the old wheels work on PS4. This security chip talk is BS. The T500 has no security chip and will work on PS4.

I paid about 500€ for my Fanatec setup. But there are people out there who paid 1000€ and more and now have to buy another new wheel if they want to play on PS4? thats sad.

It has nothing to do with security chips on the PS4 (that's the Xbone) It's about sony allowing the driver in their PS4 firmware update. Sony can ask money for incoperating the driver in the PS4 firmware.

Sony can ask a LOT of money if they promise the manufacturer that their driver will be exclusive for a certain period.

I strongly believe that Thrustmaster and Sony made some kind of deal and that's the reason why Logitech wheels and Fanatec wheels are not supported on the PS4 yet

It has nothing to do with security chips on the PS4 (that's the Xbone) It's about sony allowing the driver in their PS4 firmware update. Sony can ask money for incoperating the driver in the PS4 firmware.

Sony can ask a LOT of money if they promise the manufacturer that their driver will be exclusive for a certain period.

I strongly believe that Thrustmaster and Sony made some kind of deal and that's the reason why Logitech wheels and Fanatec wheels are not supported on the PS4 yet

Logitech tweeted about a 'security chip in the PS4' though, Henk. ;)
It might not be necessary for in-game wheel compatibility, but I think Sony wants at least one fully compatible (menu and game) new product. As a manufacturer you could than let the rest of your legacy hardware ride on that driver in a backwards compatible sense.

The only BUT here is that Thrustmaster has stated (multiple times) in their quarterly reports that they have a 'exclusive position' on the consoles. Hinting towards that they have an exclusive license deal to make 3rd party hardware for at least the PS4 (since Mad Catz has releast a XB1 wheel already).

All in all, with the Oculus Rift coming to the PC and may good games, all that work with our old hardware... who still wants a console anyway? :boggled: If it's for Kaz & PD and their broken promises... well, I wouldn't buy a console and a new wheel for just that :irked:. For the same money you can get a nice gaming PC and so much more awesome titles.

Back