Fanatec Announcements: CSW V2 Reviews Out

• Thread starter Crispy
  • 13,388 comments
Saw this today and it made me laugh, and also think of my fiancée
10454463_694410450643959_4131409008216514812_n.jpg

She didn't buy me Battlefield 4 but she did deposit a nice sum of money in my rig fund for a CSS.
It's nice when they support our vices :)
Although she will most likely complain when it arrives that I'd rather spend time with the CSS than her :lol:

Last edited:
Oh man, I was going to pre-order the CSW this week and decided to wait when I saw the teasers. Bad luck.

New wheel looks amazing BTW. Shame I'll have to wait a long time to get one. Guess I'll have to keep using my GT3RS V1 for the time being.

Last edited:
Quantities will be limited (very limited ?) So it will be somehow unfair whatever is system is put in place.

Priority will be given to Clubsport or CSR-E owners but imagine you have already bought 4 Fanatec wheels + sets of pedals... but not the CSW/CSRE... you could appreciate moderately to be considered a lower priority than someone who bought an only wheel.

Sad but true...lol. But not a second class individual though, you sir are still a winner in our book!

I would like to know if there is a time limit on the invite? If you don't have the dow and need a month or three to save up, can you hold on to it for that long?
Seeing Fanatec is using DSD's marketing strategy, Fanatec should allow us to put down a pre-order deposit and pay the rest on order.

@K_Soze: A little birdie told me that beta testers will be posting reviews.

I don't know which birdie said yes to you, but it wasn't me. :P
Still pondering what to do myself.

Do you guys want to read my ramblings? For those who don't can skip mine, but just want to know if there is enough interest for it.

So all that want to see me whip something up... say aye! :P (or just hit the like button)

I suppose I could be persuaded to say a few words here at GTP also, lol.

I will as well provide GT6-centric overview for the GTPlanet, as well as some in-detail comparison photos.

Yes yes yes !!!

A review, an overview or first feedbacks from GT6 perspective would be awesome.
If I upgrade my V1 it will mostly be to play GT6 with it :) and I may not be the only one especially here on GTPlanet :gtpflag:

Every GTPlanet member are beta testers ??? :)

That might be a coincidence. I am sure there were some criteria before picking the testers, mostly it being unrelated to a particular site.
I for one am on a fixed list of alpha/beta testers at Fanatec (mostly for drivers/software). Others might be picked for other reasons. For example customers with a lot of problems in the past with the old Base. Customers who were very viral about the short comings of the old Base. Or maybe even customers who ended up modding the old Base, like eKretz.

So yeah, I dunno how many there are here or who they are... let alone the criteria they are picked by to test this new toy. It doesn't matter either if I know or don't know. What matters is that the product gets properly tested by different kinds of people with different qualities. Which hopefully gives a nice resulting stable end-product that will bring years of joy to everyone.

Well I was a beta tester for the CSR Elite, but sadly not for the V2...

Of course I'll always be open for the testing of the Direct Drive wheel. *hint* *hint* *cough* *cough*

I'll update the OP when you guys post your reviews!

I had a few problems and wasnt picked :( paid a lot sending wheels in to be repaired over and over and over again :(
That might be a coincidence. I am sure there were some criteria before picking the testers, mostly it being unrelated to a particular site.
I for one am on a fixed list of alpha/beta testers at Fanatec (mostly for drivers/software). Others might be picked for other reasons. For example customers with a lot of problems in the past with the old Base. Customers who were very viral about the short comings of the old Base. Or maybe even customers who ended up modding the old Base, like eKretz.

I am happy when I see all these nicknames associated to beta testers. You deserve it when I see how many passion, time and creativity you put in sim racing (and share this passion). And it is nice that Fanatec works so closely with their most demanding customers. I remember how I did like to read CSR Elite and CSW reviews months before I had the opportunity to own one and it was twice as good because all what you write about it. So thank you again for sharing :)

Of course I'll always be open for the testing of the Direct Drive wheel. *hint* *hint* *cough* *cough*

I had a few problems and wasnt picked :( paid a lot sending wheels in to be repaired over and over and over again :(

Like I said guys. I don't know the criteria. If there were any at all. In the end it's purely at Fanatec's discretion on who to choose and so on. Cause as you can see this wasn't a public beta test like you saw during the CSR Elite and CSW v1 days.

At least we can conclude that the chosen ones were the lucky ones. That's a sure thing. ;)

ps. Thanks for updating the OP Crispy! Much appreciated. :)

Wut, I thought there wasn't going to be a direct drive wheel afterall and that the direct drive they were talking about was marketing jargon for the preciseness of the the improved belt system. I have been out of it, are they still developing a true direct drive base also?? If so, where is this confirmed?

Wut, I thought there wasn't going to be a direct drive wheel afterall and that the direct drive they were talking about was marketing jargon for the preciseness of the the improved belt system. I have been out of it, are they still developing a true direct drive base also?? If so, where is this confirmed?

It hasn't been confirmed, but coyly hinted at several times. I do believe they are at least seriously considering it, and possibly have already started designing, or possibly have tried a prototype or two.

I want to get this wheel base so bad. How does this differ from the t300 rs? They seem to have the same spec.

Last edited:
Back