Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
Well here she is, Completely Overkill on the project but hey, what the point of a project if your just going to hack it together and make it look like crap.

Baffles were Dadoed into place but were unfortunately a little loose, So Good ol Wood glue to the rescue.

Figuring out the corner's with the foam.

base foam

80x80 fans will be mounted to either end plate and One will Suck and One will Blow....Ill be finishing That up today when i return the 200mm Fan I attempted to use(Way too low of CFM)

Fan's mounted Tested a Work Freaking awesome,

Intake 120mm fan is 2000rpm and 70 CFM

Exhaust is 80mm is also 2000rpm but only 31cfm

hahaha. I just bought new CSR elites. They feel better than the loaned old clubsports I was using! There was me thinking it was because the clubsports were simply worn out! Nope clearly the CSRe pedals are just far superior to the CSPs! :rolleyes:
Seriously though I am really happy with the CSRe's. The brake pedal felt "right" out of the box, whereas I had to change the rod in the clubsports. Never used CSP V2s so cant really compare them.

Lol @Blkout

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ahhh-fanatec-clubsport-pedal-v2-problems-please-help.94003/

Man who would have thought we were running an inferior set of pedals this whole time....... :lol::lol::lol:

How old are you exactly? You continue to keep posting childish comments like this even after numerous people have reported that they have issues with their Clubsport pedals which is exactly what I stated, and even after numerous people have reported that they prefer the CSR Elites to the CSP's. I'm baffled by the fact that you continue to bring this up over and over like a pissed off 14 year old that I insulted your favorite Call of Duty game. I'm 39 years old and this type of behavior just reminds me of teenager that thinks they're always right about everything.

This made me think, has anyone modded their CSRe's? I am perfectly happy with them, but can they be better with a few tweaks? I'm going for a fully tweaked rig for when my buhlers are here! Also where can I get a 3 rib belt?

How old are you exactly? You continue to keep posting childish comments like this even after numerous people have reported that they have issues with their Clubsport pedals which is exactly what I stated, and even after numerous people have reported that they prefer the CSR Elites to the CSP's. I'm baffled by the fact that you continue to bring this up over and over like a pissed off 14 year old that I insulted your favorite Call of Duty game. I'm 39 years old and this type of behavior just reminds me of teenager that thinks they're always right about everything.

Whaa whaa whaaa a Screw came loose and i have to tighten it, Whaa whaa whaa, I ran my Load cell at 100% and it broke, whaaa whaa whaaa. Whine some blk.

I modded my CSR-E pedals, don't remember where in the thread the info is though. Added oil filled dampers and tweaked the leverage ratio by moving the linkage pin and changing spacer length. Made good pedals even better. 3-rib belts are available new on eBay.

Whaa whaa whaaa a Screw came loose and i have to tighten it, Whaa whaa whaa, I ran my Load cell at 100% and it broke, whaaa whaa whaaa. Whine some blk.
Why do you care what pedals he prefers to use? Its his money, his rig and his choice. You prefer to go diy for your motion while others choose to buy theirs. I don't see anyone telling you how wrong you are or that your choice is inferior to theirs. It doesn't even matter that there are many people who happen to agree with him. He has a right to buy and comment on whatever he feels are best for him. :boggled:

When some one spouts out Pure BS, I will call them on it. PERIOD.

How about being a bit more Canadian ( respectful ). I`m sure you can if you try. How ever he chose to go about it does not matter. To each his own. We all have a right to our opinion.

When some one spouts out Pure BS, I will call them on it. PERIOD.

Because your opinion is the only RIGHT opinion. :rolleyes:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/opinion

I'm not even sure why you keep going on about this, if I wanted a set of CSP's, I would have bought a set of CSP's. Money is not an issue for me so I bought the CSR-E's based on overwhelming feedback on multiple forums and I've been very pleased with my decision.

Give it a rest and stop derailing this thread.

Last edited:
Hmm, let's lighten the mood! Got all the parts done for 10 motor blocks - starting assembly work tomorrow. Waiting on some new motor mounts to get made and then I can start assembly on the rest. Approaching the finish line!
That is fantastic news Eric! I'm getting anxious (impatient as hell actually) and am so ready to be able to race AC again. Thanks for all the hard work it should be a fun holiday break!

On a side note. I recently received my Clubsport Handbrake in the mail. I plugged it in and connected to my CSP V2s but the handbrake still isn't being acknowledged on FANATEC settings menu or in AC. Anyone having similar issues? I'm using a CSR ELITE wheel with CSP V2s and CSS SQ. Any help is greatly appreciated

Lol @Blkout

http://www.racedepartment.com/threads/ahhh-fanatec-clubsport-pedal-v2-problems-please-help.94003/

Man who would have thought we were running an inferior set of pedals this whole time....... :lol::lol::lol:

I've owned both sets of pedals and the Elites are a better package overall imo. First, they are $100 cheaper. What they lack in aluminum and plastic build materials they far than make up for in overall reliability. They still have load cell braking, I think they are great 👍 But opinions vary and thats okay. Glad to hear you love your CSPs :)

Jerome

That is fantastic news Eric! I'm getting anxious (impatient as hell actually) and am so ready to be able to race AC again. Thanks for all the hard work it should be a fun holiday break!

On a side note. I recently received my Clubsport Handbrake in the mail. I plugged it in and connected to my CSP V2s but the handbrake still isn't being acknowledged on FANATEC settings menu or in AC. Anyone having similar issues? I'm using a CSR ELITE wheel with CSP V2s and CSS SQ. Any help is greatly appreciated

i beleive it doesnt recognize if you have the pedals pluged into the wheel (on pc and ps3), the pedals need to be connected to the PC via USB

T
i beleive it doesnt recognize if you have the pedals pluged into the wheel (on pc and ps3), the pedals need to be connected to the PC via USB
Thanks for that. So I need to plug pedals directly into PC and handbrake into the wheel port?

T

Thanks for that. So I need to plug pedals directly into PC and handbrake into the wheel port?

plug the handbrake into the pedals and connect the pedals to PC with USB, should work as its how ive been running mine for a long time now. as far as i know only the xbox360 and forza motorsport recognize the HB when the pedals are connected to the wheel, for PC you need to use the pedals in usb mode. if you have the latest driver when you open the pedals property page there are now all four axis are displayed

Not yet, I've got all the numbers from the internal PCB components written down but haven't checked them out yet to see if there's headroom or if there'd need to be more in-depth work to mod it. My spare time has been spent working on parts for the V1 Bühler guys - any time I'm not doing that stuff I'm either watching the kiddies or lying down because my back is killing me. Heck, a lot of the time both. You think there'll even be much of a demand for V2 mods? I'm thinking most guys (at least those who haven't tried the Bühler modded V1…lol) will probably be happy with the stock power level as long as it's reliable.

Heck, a lot of the time both. You think there'll even be much of a demand for V2 mods? I'm thinking most guys (at least those who haven't tried the Bühler modded V1…lol) will probably be happy with the stock power level as long as it's reliable.

I'm hoping that's the case. My v2 should arrive later this month if it doesn't get delayed again.

I'm not sure to be honest without having tried mine yet, I guess it just depends on how it goes with the BMW rim, and if the motor lasts whether or not modding is required. I know you were saying that the v2 wasn't as powerful as a modded v1 so I just thought you may have had a quick look in to what motors could be compatible with the v2 should the need arise.

Heh, it won't likely be a quick look. The motor is pretty low RPM so it might be difficult to find. Plus it will be really difficult to find the exact specs if it isn't a big maker like Mabuchi and is an actual motor from China designed by a Chinese company. Never know though, could get lucky. I'll have more of a look-see after these guys get their motor blocks.

Shipped some kits today, waiting on payment from some other guys to ship theirs. Looking like a snafu with the motor mounts and they are going to be late as they need to be remade... vendor says they are trying to get them done as soon as possible. Everybody who has an order in should be shipped soon. Final deliveries might need to be pushed to early January at latest depending on when I get the motor mounts and can get them finished. Remember I want to hear some opinions once you guys get 'em in and get some hours on!

Back