Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
Just as an FYI to all, I have seen a few reports of erratic fan behavior with the new firmware - so keep an eye on that to make sure your wheels don't overheat.
I have noticed my fans have changed after updating. To me it seems that the fans are a bit more reactive to temp changes. Before it would take longer for the fans to kick into high and they would stay there for around 5 min after exiting race. Now they seem to kick into high gear a bit sooner and after exiting a race after a couple min. the fan will slow, but then maybe 30 sec later kick back on high for a couple more min. than slow again to normal. Kinda like the fan gets the probe cooled (because Im not sure much actual motor cooling is going on) and kicks the fans down, but than motor heat raises the internal temp high enough for the fans to kick back on.

The new driver seems to lack feel. Strong restience but little effects for me.
I have recently gone back to firmware 721B for the CSR ELITE and all I can say is WOW! By far the best feeling firmware Ive felt with the wheel Playing Assetto Corsa.

For others driving in AC I have also been experimenting with different FFB setting combos and changing SPEED SENSITIVTY to - .01 made an enormously positive difference in wheel feel and linearity. You have to slide to .01 default slider adjusts in tenths. Try it and let me know what you guys think

Congrats EKretz! I was about to send you a PM asking about ETA on the order but it appears a much more important delivery has been made. Get back with me when you get a chance on order progress...trying to plan vacation time around arrival of the new Buhler setup :) great news for you and enjoy man!

Hi guys, quick check-in - it's a girl! She was not due until 8/17 but she powered her way out last night at 6:31 pm. I got mom to the hospital and they put her into a wheelchair to take her up. I parked the car and got our 2 year old son and headed for the elevator. Made it up just in time to see the baby exiting mommy!

She's 6 lbs. 6 oz. and 18" in length. Her name is Tara Katelyn.

The first batch of motors might be delayed slightly but probably not a whole lot - I thought we had almost another month before this little one made an appearance! Thank you everybody for the congrats and well wishes! You guys are awesome!

Hey guys how are you all?

I just hooked up my CSW and CSW peddles to a lap top for the 1st time in about a year(been using it on PS3 until I can afford a decent gaming PC) and I noticed that the throttle on the peddles is only moving about a quarter the way up the graph. Both clutch and brake are fine. Would this be due to the pot either being dirty or broken? If it's dirty is there any way to clean it.

I finally know why my pace in the F1 league I'm in has dropped off in the last 6 months or so.

Oh by the way it's driver version V177 and firmware V37.

Just wanted to ask here as I didn't want to bother eKretz at the moment. He will be busy enough as it is looking after Mum and Bub. Any help will be much appreciated.

I just hooked up my CSW and CSW peddles to a lap top for the 1st time in about a year(been using it on PS3 until I can afford a decent gaming PC) and I noticed that the throttle on the peddles is only moving about a quarter the way up the graph. Both clutch and brake are fine. Would this be due to the pot either being dirty or broken? If it's dirty is there any way to clean it.

I finally know why my pace in the F1 league I'm in has dropped off in the last 6 months or so.

Oh by the way it's driver version V177 and firmware V37.

Just wanted to ask here as I didn't want to bother eKretz at the moment. He will be busy enough as it is looking after Mum and Bub. Any help will be much appreciated.

unplug the throtle cable from the pcb and give i a blow out see if that helps, i know it has for me a couple of times

ps the CSPedals dont use pots, they are contactless magnetic sensors

unplug the throtle cable from the pcb and give i a blow out see if that helps, i know it has for me a couple of times

ps the CSPedals dont use pots, they are contactless magnetic sensors

Thanks Blue seems to have worked at treat!!!! I realised after I wrote that that they weren't pots.
Another issue I found once I pulled the peddles apart to give them a general clean was that the O-rings on the shock are crap. All the oil was completely gone and on the rug under my rig. Swapped out the O-rings for some decent quality ones but can't find my oil! Is there any specific type of oil I should use and will it hurt if I use the peddles without it for a couple of races I have coming up.

I would bet that more than half of the CSPv2 owners out there are running without oil because it has leaked out. Kind of speaks loudly about just how much feel these shocks are actually giving.

If I were to take the shock into a hobby shop that stocks RC equipment would it be possible to get a better quality shock with better feel? Would it be a straight swap or need modifying?

I've had a similar issue with my CSP v1. Throttle position intermittently wouldn't register 100% and had a jittery action. Cleaning linty stuff out from between the senor and magnet helped but at one point didn't. I began to suspect the gap was marginally to big when comparing it to the clutch. Pulled apart both the throttle and clutch and could see a slight difference in the distance from the set screw detent to the magnet end in the brass pivot pins. As I recall I ended up swapping them which reduced the gap on the throttle. Haven't had any problems since.

Conclusion: Crap manufacturing tolerances.

The quality of the connectors on these CSP PCB´s seam quite bad I have to say, me too have experienced same problem every now and then, sadly.

As far as the shock absorber goes the one recommended: http://www.ebay.ca/itm/MBX7-ECO-REA...6b95c0&_uhb=1&clk_rvr_id=671956301417&afsrc=1 seam like a nice one to me.

Although I´m just playing around and wanna try something else then stock so I bought these: http://www.ebay.com/itm/251305691988?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649 , really cheap and not same quality for obvious reasons but gonna try them anyway and will get back with info once they arrive. They were so cheap I figure no real loss if they are crap and suspect they cannot compete with the real high quality stuff from known manufacturers but perhaps they could be a cheap alternative to stock if case your stock shock absorber have broken down?

EDIT: If any of you look around online for shock absorbers please do not forget to check length and possibly even width first to make sure they will fit! I first though they follow some sort of standard measurements but after looking around it seam to me as if they are not after all?
Found lots of different sizes when searching for 1:8 sized chock absorbers.

Hey guys thanks for all the awesome info regarding fixing my peddles!! It's great to have a community like this where people are so willing to give each other a hand.

Armed with the info I'm off to the RC shop tomorrow, to purchase a new shock. I just have 1 more question for you guys. What would you recommend for the viscosity of the oil?

Hey guys thanks for all the awesome info regarding fixing my peddles!! It's great to have a community like this where people are so willing to give each other a hand.

Armed with the info I'm off to the RC shop tomorrow, to purchase a new shock. I just have 1 more question for you guys. What would you recommend for the viscosity of the oil?

Sorry flash made it difficult to read, it says 1200 but that´s the only one Fanatec sent me, I heard some others got 2 different oils to choose from so perhaps you could go a bit thicker if you want to.

Back