Fanatec CSW/CSR Elite Modders Thread *UPDATE February 2014*

• Thread starter eKretz
  • 3,600 comments
Nick, that's normal, I wondered the same when I first got mine and took it all apart and determined the noise is coming from one of the board components as well as an insulating card. I don't recall what exactly the component was - it was a LONG time ago that I took it apart. The insulating card is just a nonconductive thin sheet of plastic that rests under the solder joints of the PCB and isn't really tight, so it can float around and make noise if you jiggle the PS or turn it upside down. It just makes sure there can't be any contact between the solder joints and the aluminum case even if the PS gets crushed. Every one I've gotten makes the same noise, and I've gotten about 6 or 8 of them.

Exactly the reply i was hoping for. Thanks.

Still on the Hunt for a pump tho. =(

I have a V2 preorder invitation for the US territory. If interested, PM me. Honor system that you intend to use it and won't sell it or let it go to waste.

EDIT: Claimed!

Last edited:
hi blue i managed to mod my v1 ,with 2 german dunkermotors works well , i have a pond motor installed as cooling ,but it does not keep them totaly cool , if you would not mind where did you get your cooling from cheers noel

It is the same as yours, a small aquarium pump that pumps ~38lpm, I have too keep an eye on the temps tooas the single motor can easily reach temps of 100°C when pushing it hard. The only way to make the pump method more efficient would be to chill the air

It is the same as yours, a small aquarium pump that pumps ~38lpm, I have too keep an eye on the temps tooas the single motor can easily reach temps of 100°C when pushing it hard. The only way to make the pump method more efficient would be to chill the air
yeah cheers blue ,your pump is very similar to mine , what i might do is mount another fan on the back panel and have it controlled externally .And i forgot to mention the great man ekretz for without him this thing would be down the rubbish tip ,dam thing works much better than stock

What are all the standard Jacket Diam's ? Not a Boat guy, I play in the Dirt. :P

Internal heat is technically the Enemy, You can only shed so much heat from the OD of the Motor can. when you really want to be cooling the Rotor.

Last edited:
All different sizes and models, I believe there are billet aluminium ones, stretch fit silicone ones, or you can just wind your own with brake tube.

Finally got the laptop and flashed the FW again and it has fixed it. Good timing too my CSS SQ v1.5 has finally arrived, pretty impressed with it so far

hey Blue, good to hear!! :cheers: how is the clicking sound when you run the v1.5 shifter in manual shifter mode compared to the old v1. :confused:
I had to isolate the inside of the shifter with foam otherwise i couldn't drive at night... :odd: :crazy:

Last edited:
@bruzski there is a slight click between 3-4the but 1-2 5-6 are solid, I can't compare it to the v1 as I have never seen, heard or used one. As far as I'm aware the only thing that is different in the v1.5 are the electronics. The mechanical part should all be the same

It was such a pain going from seq to h-pattern or vice versa on the th8 and I was never really impressed with the seq mode anyway, now it is such a breeze and the mechanical feel of the seq is really neat, I find myself on forza just switching back and forth while driving just because I can and both modes feel really nice.
IMAG0775_zpsrwi8qbp7.jpg

Any Better pics maybe ? also how you mounted the Sensors ? Kinda curious as I know how Cheap those are on Ebay.....you got me thinkin now.....Next project i guess. 💡

Thanks Blue, In the meantime. I've got my pump box started and will update when i have something worth showing.

Ive also got my 3rd motion rig in the works now as well. 3Dof and No real Budget, So getting to buy some rather fancy thing's for buddy. Will most likely update my thread with a few pics through out the build.

This should be arriving early next week.

$(KGrHqJ,!poF!-rDefIkBQWi)I(Qp!~~60_57.JPG

IMAG0777_zpsrhp5covw.jpg

IMAG0780_zpsw6rrw8x2.jpg

Pretty simple to make really, small piece of alloy or steel to mount the pcb, I cut a small groove in the pin and glued the magnet in there and drilled and tapped a hole underneath for a grub screw to hold it in place. And added a spring for extra tension. All up cost me less than the official one

Replied via PM but for anybody else the QR air fittings are 3/16" or 4mm. My apologies for delayed PMs to a couple guys, my whole family has been sick as heck for the last week. You guys can always reach me by email BTW if I don't get to the PMs quick enough and you need an answer.

Replied via PM but for anybody else the QR air fittings are 3/16" or 4mm. My apologies for delayed PMs to a couple guys, my whole family has been sick as heck for the last week. You guys can always reach me by email BTW if I don't get to the PMs quick enough and you need an answer.

We also just got over that Sickness in our house hold, NO problemo Eric. Hope your all feelin better.

Back