Fast & Furious 6 - May 24, 2013 Release

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 176 comments
So, saw the trailer.

Looks like they have a car in the movie driven by a bad guy for no other reason than to hit cars and throw them through the air. Also, they drag a jumbo jet into the ground with a car and it exploded.

I'm game.

Ya I just saw the trailer too. It looks awful, but so awful that it'll actually be really entertaining because I'll have zero expectations going to see it. I'll be there opening night :lol:

I'ts funny how they go from being street racers in L.A. involved in a theft ring to taking down huge criminal organizations with tanks, etc :P I'm pretty excited though! Ferrari FXX :drool:

Ya I just saw the trailer too. It looks awful, but so awful that it'll actually be really entertaining because I'll have zero expectations going to see it. I'll be there opening night :lol:

This.

I'm really curious now, I'll be honest.

So, saw the trailer.

Looks like they have a car in the movie driven by a bad guy for no other reason than to hit cars and throw them through the air. Also, they drag a jumbo jet into the ground with a car and it exploded.

I'm game.
Don't forget the Charger exploding through the front. :lol:

I'ts funny how they go from being street racers in L.A. involved in a theft ring to taking down huge criminal organizations with tanks, etc
It was a conscious decision on the part of the producers to move the franchise away from street racing and towards heist films because they felt they had exhausted the street racing concept. It was a smart move, because heist films offer more scope for original stories, and build on elements established in the first few films - in the first film, Toretto's crew were hijacking trucks, so theivery is already a part of what they do; in the second, O'Connor was enlisted to take down a drug lord.

Well I guess if you are going to survive that car jump into a river in Fast five ,you can survive car taking out a plane stunt

It was a conscious decision on the part of the producers to move the franchise away from street racing and towards heist films because they felt they had exhausted the street racing concept.

Not to mention the whole street racer fad died rather quickly(At least in the U.S.).

I LOVED Fast Five so I am really looking forward to this. Plus they will explain what happened to Letty after the ending credits of Fast five. They also show Letty at the end of this trailer.

I actually watched Fast Five last night just so I could catch up to this upcoming film. The safe-dragging scene was so dumb :lol:

That was the best part of the movie.

Sadly enough.

I skipped through a lot of the talking scenes just so I could keep it to the driving scenes only. That probably explains why I didn't get why they went out acquiring cars to drift around the shop.

That probably explains why I didn't get why they went out acquiring cars to drift around the shop.

They needed a really fast car to drift so they could avoid the security camera surveillance arc in the police parking garage, except they realized that they couldn't drift fast enough to do it. So they stole a bunch of police cars so they could just drive in and steal the money with stealth (which is what the RC car thing was about), except The Rock showed up and arrested all of them. And then the drug dealer guy killed all of The Rock's men and knew Dom's crew were coming with the police cars, so they couldn't do it that way either.

So then they had The Rock drive his RV into the police station as a distraction and just stole the safe instead. Basically, most of the planning for the second half of the movie got screwed, so they just decided to break everything. It honestly wasn't that clear even if you were paying attention, though; so it's not your fault.

I LOVED Fast Five so I am really looking forward to this. Plus they will explain what happened to Letty after the ending credits of Fast five. They also show Letty at the end of this trailer.
I am too very excited to know about the Letty thing.

I am too very excited to know about the Letty thing.

She never died, even if people think she did. A comment on the YouTube video from yesterday explained it well: We never actually see her die, only what Dom thinks happened after that lying drug dealer told him what supposedly happened.

I'd like to imagine that it was planned that way when the film was written ... however, I suspect that the writers of this film spotted the loophole and decided to bring her back.

1) 3-minute extended trailer to be posted tomorrow.

2) Michelle Rodriguez just posted this:

427319_10151290104327406_1905031117_n.jpg

Not to mention the whole street racer fad died rather quickly(At least in the U.S.).
Yeah, and 2 FAST 2 FURIOUS proved that it was just a one-trick pony to try and enmesh itself in street racer culture. TOKYO DRIFT tried to capitalise on the drift scene, but failed miserably, probably because it demonstrated a lack of understanding about Japanese culture (even the producers seem to ignore it, since one of the characters who died reappears in future films). The fourth film - I forget its title - was really a prototype for FAST FIVE, and while it did try to keep the street racing fad going, it didn't make too big an issue of it. FAST FIVE worked because of the shift in genre.

I was kind of hoping FAST SIX might have a better premise, though. Right now, it's a case of The Rock turning to Vin Diesel and his crew because he's desperate, and they demand full pardons in exchange for their help. That's a pretty conventional set-up, though. A better way to do it would be to have The Rock approach Diesel and admit that he's desperate, offering up pardons if Diesel and his crew will help. That should establish that the stakes are pretty high. Secondly, because Rodriguez's survival is one of the big parts of the trailer, there's no sense making it a surprise for Diesel in the film. The Rock should tell him straight up that he has heard Rodriguez is alive and well and looking for revenge against him; by sending Diesel and his crew in, The Rock hopes to upset the villain by baiting Rodriguez and hoping her emotions will get the better of her at a critical moment.

She never died, even if people think she did. A comment on the YouTube video from yesterday explained it well: We never actually see her die, only what Dom thinks happened after that lying drug dealer told him what supposedly happened.
They showed her after the credits in Fast 5. MANY people missed that so seeing this new Fast and Furious 6 trailer with Letty has confused many people. If they had watched the ending credits after Fast 5 they would already know she is alive. Like others have mentioned, they never showed her actually die. Plus its a movie, people come back all the time in movies. Same with games. They can always find some way to bring someone back. :lol:

Obciously her fake death was a coverup. My question is this, is she going to be with Dom or against him? The trailer is a bit confusing the way it shows Dom then right after that she is pointing a gun at someone. If she is against Dom that would just be plain stupid. So hopefully she is back with him again and not against him.

For those that missed the ending from Fast Five.

Back