Fatal Bug

• Thread starter Japanese
  • 189 comments
97% Complete
Play time: 1135
Current Credits: Cr.18,006,307
Game Save Data: 3808KB (was 3748KB 24hrs ago)

I guess im knocking on Death's door :(

Feel your pain, man, I'm a litle behind still. But my suggestion to you is: Start saving your better cars, one per day, to a sleeping/secondary account you may have. It doesn't matter if that accelerates the doom of your current save, 20 Million cars or even 1 million cars are not to be wasted because of this game's bugs.

Damn.. Someone please get Jordan a link to this thread so maybe he can make a difference by making "news" out of this? This is a huge problem..

Thanks very much for posting, Japanese. Please ignore the stupid people trying to make fun of your post.

I don't play the game much but if I get back into it I'll certainly avoid the museum from now on. Serious bug I hope something can be done, but with GT5 it's not surprising to me.

Last edited:
I'm well aware of the issue. It will be posted in a few hours today.

Yesterday I found out that other things aswell as the Museum Cards can cause your file size to go up.:( Looking at any cars you haven't looked at before raises it, looking at picture mode locations you haven't used before does also, from what I've seen, everytime "installing" shows up at the bottom left of the screen the save file size increases.

Also if you copy your save to another location, that save file will be bigger than the original, as such, restoring that file increases the save file size too.

no it doesn't. The file is always going to appear bigger on the flash drive, but when you copy it back onto the ps3 hdd it will still be the same size as when you last copied it onto the flash drive.

example: save file is 780kb on ps3 hdd. copy it onto flash drive and it says it's 820kb. copy it back onto the ps3 and the file size is 780kb again

Save game: 2950kb
685 cars
Lots of trading/gifting museum cards
Guess I wont be touching the museum again untill this problem is resolved :/

A LOT of people all over the world are playing Gran Turismo 5 and are getting closer to Death's door every time they do anything in the game.

This is madness.

A LOT of people all over the world are playing Gran Turismo 5 and are getting closer to Death's door every time they do anything in the game.

This is madness.

Well not quite anything, you can race with the cars you already have and your save file will not grow. However even looking at a car you haven't before will increase it.:ouch:

30 A-spec 15 B-spec
836 days (must of done alot of grinding, don't know why I have such high days when I only have had the game since Christmas)
586KB
Current Cr 39,744
Current Car: F2007

Looks like I am safe atleast until the bug is fixed. I have weekly save back ups from 400KB on my computer
Thanks for the Heads up Jordan and Japanese!
FYI I have never opened a museum card

Going to steer clear of the museum cards and news section (sorry for pun)

I know this will sound childish and I myself never thought of saying it, but I´m giving Gran Turismo the rest that it needs. I´m getting an XBOX and Forza 3.

I´m tired of deffending GT5´s honor against other games, and not recieving anything but flashy cars that look cool as a wallpapers. Since the begining, and before the release, GT5 hasn´t been anything but controversy. I got the game since launch day, and there is not a single day were I haven´t been disapointed by minuscule errors and glitches. I have had it...

I do not expect perfection, but I do expect a solid game, with taken care details other than "Hands-free" buttons on steering wheels. I´m a car guy that was unfortunate to live a life were I can´t enjoy my passion. Gran Turismo was the one that made me enjoy that for the first time, but at this day, with its fifth instalment, there hasn´t been a day were I smiled when playing it.

Look at it like this... Gran Turismo 5 is like trying to eat the juiciest hamburger while sitting around three tons of human feces... No matter how you want to enjoy that burger, the rotten smell ruins the expirience...

I´m a car guy, again, and I need to satisfy that urge... Forza 3 might not be the newest or best car game there is, but I can tell you something, that game is made with passion... I know I will be able to enjoy it like I did with the first three Gran Turismos, when we were not promised perfection, and raised our hopes to the very limits. When we enjoyed the true driving simulator...

There will be a Gran Turismo 6... Until then, my friends...
-Husky

My Apologgies, will4noobs and BWX. There is no reason to get all confrontative. I was trying to give an opinion on this current problem. I personally hate when people bring up the Forza vs GT5 crap, but it´s just that I was shocked when I read about the glitch. There is no reason why this should´nt be happening. I just want to be able to play Gran Turismo 5, and don´t worry about the game dying on me, or playing around all the minor but anoying negative details.

Getting the other game, is probably not going to change things for me, since I´m pretty sure I will be playing GT5... in about twenty minutes, acctually...

Look, guys, the only thing I want, like everybody else, is that they fix this problem. And I´m pretty sure it will be fixed.

My Apologgies, will4noobs and BWX. There is no reason to get all confrontative. I was trying to give an opinion on this current problem. I personally hate when people bring up the Forza vs GT5 crap, but it´s just that I was shocked when I read about the glitch. There is no reason why this should´nt be happening. I just want to be able to play Gran Turismo 5, and don´t worry about the game dying on me, or playing around all the minor but anoying negative details.

Getting the other game, is probably not going to change things for me, since I´m pretty sure I will be playing GT5... in about twenty minutes, acctually...

Look, guys, the only thing I want, like everybody else, is that they fix this problem. And I´m pretty sure it will be fixed.

Bugs like this happen because of a lack of testing. It is obvious to me PD didn't do thorough testing with GT5. It should have never happened but it did. No reason to stop playing GT5 unless you are very close to the file size limit. If not just keep an eye on it and don't use museum feature. I'm sure PD will fix this before I get anywhere near 4MB save file, probably same situation for 90% or more of GT5 players out there.

I'll never go back to the museum after this happened to me. I'd check my cards every night and send my doubles to someone else. Luckily for them they haven't played the game that much. I gave them the warning about what happens. I had almost 1000 cars and was on day 1040. I'm also glad I started over when I did before the seasonals changed. I was able to get back to level 20 a-spec in one night. I only have 44 cars now though.:ouch:

This is odd, but even though I play the game frequently, I have a very small save file. I have 823 days and more than 60 cars, more than 70% game completion with a level 27 A spec and a level 25 B-Spec, yet my save file is only 572 KB. I trade cars and play online as well, yet I am unsure why my save file is so small. I almost never read the news or go to the museum though. Do they really inflate your save file that much? Has avoiding the museum and the news really made that much difference for me?

Keep in mind that I don't see this as a bad thing, it is actually a sign of relief because it means that the glitch is more than likely never going to affect me. I am just wondering what some of you are doing to have save files that are eight times the size of mine, as I play the game almost daily.

This is odd, but even though I play the game frequently, I have a very small save file. I have 823 days and more than 60 cars, more than 70% game completion with a level 27 A spec and a level 25 B-Spec, yet my save file is only 572 KB. I trade cars and play online as well, yet I am unsure why my save file is so small. I almost never read the news or go to the museum though. Do they really inflate your save file that much? Has avoiding the museum and the news really made that much difference for me?

Keep in mind that I don't see this as a bad thing, it is actually a sign of relief because it means that the glitch is more than likely never going to affect me. I am just wondering what some of you are doing to have save files that are eight times the size of mine, as I play the game almost daily.

Try reading the thread maybe.

Why is everyone assuming they are going to fix it in the next patch? PD hasn't even acknowledged the bug. (Big Surprise)

Did I miss something, or are the Fanboys just assuming.....again?

I hate these kind of save file size bugs. It reminds me of the problem I had with Oblivion/Fallout 3 where after 100+ hours my save file would get so large (14mb+) that the game would freeze every ~10 minutes with graphic/sound glitches all over the place rendering the game unplayable.

My save is only at 860kb and I've visited the Museum twice. I just hope it gets fixed soon because this is a game that's designed to be played for a very long time and no one wants to get shafted in the end for doing so.

I visited the museum only once, and readed the news 2 times...
My save data is about 1.685 KB big - so it looks ok to me
So i wont do it again....
I have over 2300 days in game...

Kaz has tweeted that this will be fixed in the forthcoming update coming out on February 18.
Here is the tweet: "次のアップデートで直ります。不便をかけて申し訳ない。"
Translates as: "It will be fixed in the next update. Sorry for the inconvenience."
The tweet was a reply to someone who asked him about the bug.

Kaz also said something about better customization of gear ratios.
I'm late with this, but I thought I should post it in this thread anyway.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back