Fatal Bug

• Thread starter Japanese
  • 189 comments
Holy cow! Just when my BS-meter was about to reach unholy 13 and steam was already coming out, PD promises to fix it, ufff! :crazy:

Hmmm, I went to check it just then.. and lo and behold it was corrupted. Unimpressed indeed... Odd thing though, it said the "corrupted file" was only 500kb. Perhaps suggesting I'm suffering from an unrelated issue but coincidence I think not.

Couple of questions regarding this problem.
1. Does this bug come from the updates or has the bug alway's been in the game?
2. Has this bug been tested/confirmed with both an updated GT5 and a nonupdated version of GT5?
Or is my copy safe because i haven't updated or go online with the museum/news section etc?

As i do not have PS3 online ready ability at the moment, how are any of us gamers that got GT5 supposed to deal with this issue if we can't get the updated/fix patch?
Maybe a bonus disc with the missing cars from prologue and those cars/tracks from the videos and demos that were seen but not in GT5 added with the updates/fix's on it? Or something...

Mine seems to be growing every time i back it up :( I dont go in museum or look at the news but every time i copy my save data to my sd card it grows :(

Even if they fix it, will i be able to use my save game (4165kb, the one that reach the limit) or I will be forced to start all over again????

February 18th. I'm waiting!!! :nervous:

I guess that would depend on how they fix it. If they can somehow make GT5 accept files over 4165kb then it will work, if they just move some of the data, like the museum cards to the "game data" instead of the "save data" then I think it still won't work, as the save will have to be loaded before it can do this. Everyone in your situation will just have to wait it out and hope for the best.:nervous:

Mine seems to be growing every time i back it up :( I dont go in museum or look at the news but every time i copy my save data to my sd card it grows :(

Well of course its going to grow if your playing the game and making saves.

If your talking about the file size on the SD card as compared to the PS3 Drive not to worry. If you copied it back to the PS3 it will be the same size as when it left the PS3.

I back up to 2 flash drives and the file size is different on both and they are larger than what is on the PS3.

BWX
Try reading the thread maybe.

Thanks for the courteous, helpful response. I've read the thread, dip****: GT5 has a fatal bug that will prevent your game from loading once it reaches 4165kb, and that your save file grows every time you save. Also, reading the news and going into the museum seems to inflate it worse than anything else.

So for the GT Planet users that have reading and comprehension problems, let me rephrase my question: What the hell are you doing to make your save files so gigantic? I play everyday and mine is only a little over 500kb. Does that fact that I don't read the news or go in the museum make that big of a difference?

Thanks for the courteous, helpful response. I've read the thread, dip****: GT5 has a fatal bug that will prevent your game from loading once it reaches 4165kb, and that your save file grows every time you save. Also, reading the news and going into the museum seems to inflate it worse than anything else.

So for the GT Planet users that have reading and comprehension problems, let me rephrase my question: What the hell are you doing to make your save files so gigantic? I play everyday and mine is only a little over 500kb. Does that fact that I don't read the news or go in the museum make that big of a difference?

Apparently yes, at least regarding the Museum.

My case:

A-Spec 31, B-Spec 32 (all races done bar the ones that require higher levels), all special events, all seasonals, all licenses golded, about 1000th day (don't know percentage of game completion, but you can guess it from the above info). Others have these or even more impressive stats, and while they have a sub 1MB save file (ranging from 600 kb to 900 kb), I have a ...

2.4 MB save game file size! :ill:

So, what's special about me, you ask?

Well, I am a Museum Card Collector and everyday, from 2 months ago until I heard of this bug, I have been carefully checking the museum for each and every single brand. Worse, since recently I was getting near completion of the museum, what I usually did was open each brand and scroll immediately down to the missing cards (that means, scroll to the absolute bottom), because when you miss 30 cards in 300, it's easier to check and account for the ones you miss than for the ones you have.

Also, I have a group of friends that was willingly helping me out these last weeks (because when the closer you get to completion the harder it gets to get NEW cards) and they all, after I asked them to stop checking their own museums daily, reported bigger than 1 MB saves.

Check this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=421

And this: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/group.php?do=discuss&group=&discussionid=793

So, here you have ONE answer. No idea about the effect of GT TV, never entered there.

Who's the one with comprehension problems here? If you read the thread before your first post you would have known the answer. The same answer that you answerd yourself in your second post after you read the thread like I told you to do.

---- first post runfromcheney says:
I trade cars and play online as well, yet I am unsure why my save file is so small. I almost never read the news or go to the museum though.

---- second post runfromcheney Says:
Also, reading the news and going into the museum seems to inflate it worse than anything else.

---- runfromcheney asks:
Does that fact that I don't read the news or go in the museum make that big of a difference?

Ok, what do you think? You answered your own question after reading the thread. If you read my post, #102 https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=178287&page=6#post4811849 before your first post you would have known the answer. It was what the entire thread was about. If you DID read the entire thread before your first post, you have nothing to say to ME about reading comprehension. ...and you are calling me the dip****? Amazing.

Last edited:
Back