Favorite track from the GT series

• Thread starter Cowboy
  • 27 comments

Would you pay for an original course dlc, such as midfield raceway, smokey mountain etc?

• Total voters

Cowboy

Lariat Member
Premium
United States
North Dakota
RacingCowboy570
RacingCowboy570
This is my first thread so here goes. I'd like to know what your favorite track in the whole Gt series is. Mine is either El Capitan from GT4 or red rock valley from GT2. Both I pray will return as an update for Gt6 someday.

This is my first thread so here goes. I'd like to know what your favorite track in the whole Gt series is. Mine is either El Capitan from GT4 or red rock valley from GT2. Both I pray will return as an update for Gt6 someday.
If you want to know my favourite tracks, click here
All tracks are amazing, but the "Top 5" for me are:

1) Special Stage Route 11
2) Midfield Raceway
3) El Capitan
4) Swiss Alps
5) Seattle Circuit

Last edited:
As good as some of the old tracks were I think GT need to move forward instead of re-adding old tracks. Adding more and more real tracks with weather and time change is much more important to me than re-adding made up tracks from the past games, in my opinion.

That being said. One of my favourite tracks in all of the series history is Citta Di Aria. Those narrow streets and gradient changes made for a very fun lap, if not a long one. Re-adding that wouldn't go a miss for me personally, especially if they added time change to it. racing round those narrow streets under headlights would be awesome.

But, I'd sooner see them add something new like a Ronda based version of Citta Di Aria that has a longer lap.

I'm not sure what the smoky mountain track would be. I did not play GT until GT4.
I would not pay for Midfield.

I would consider paying for El Capitan and Seattle possibly New York.

At this point I would only pay for any of them if they also added additional features for online play including the ability to turn off collisions in a lobby and a full set of leaderboards though.

With project cars around the corner it would take some much desired features to get me to spend a dime on GT6 now.

I'm not sure what the smoky mountain track would be. I did not play GT until GT4.
I would not pay for Midfield.

I would consider paying for El Capitan and Seattle possibly New York.

At this point I would only pay for any of them if they also added additional features for online play including the ability to turn off collisions in a lobby and a full set of leaderboards though.

With project cars around the corner it would take some much desired features to get me to spend a dime on GT6 now.
Smokey mountain north
11.jpg

And the south course

SmokeyMountainSouth.jpg

Notice the strange resemblance to the swiss alps

swissalps.jpg

I miss New York and Tahiti Maze.

Other would be that track that was along the beach, something something de alamiffi or something like that

1. GT3- Complex string
2. GT5- Top Gear Test Track
3. GT4- El Capitan
4. GT3- Smokey Mountian
5. GT4- Infineon Raceway- Sports Car course

Fav - All the SSR tracks: 5/7/11 and Route X.

Return Tracks? - All of them with dynamic weather/timechange, imagine some of the day tracks at night, SSR during the day, etc. on the PS4 :drool:

My favorite track has always been special stage R11 run at 50 frames per second from GT1 100% PS1. Saying that tho I would love to see all old tracks return. As for paying extra? I have payed for GT at full price 6 times already over the years and will be buying GT7 + PS4 when it comes out.
I will never support payed DLC or Microtransactions rip off.

Assisi
El Capitan

The original Special route from GT1 with the suicide chicane (SR11)
Capri was loads of fun - but mostly due to the well paid repeatable special event race - that made you learn the hairpins - Only good for solo runs

Chamonix - Had a soft spot for the first incarnation when it was a mixed surface track - it just felt, frozen - the bare tarmac looked very realistic. I was useless lapping here, but it did look good.

The two tracks I would most like to see return are:

Pikes Peak - we used to race up to the top, go back down then back up again - awesome fun!

Opera Paris - Highly underrated track I grew to love in GT4, the mix of road surfaces and undulations made it an enjoyable and challenging track. That back straight sweeper over the cobblestones with the dip after the kink - :drool: It was similar to the GT6 London, but imo much more interesting.

I'd also like to see Rome Night again, but it's been so long I can't remember if it was any good or just looked good.

Special Stage Route 11 from GT1 is my favourite track of all time from Gran Turismo as long as it is NOT the GT3 version. As far as I am concerned, the first Gran Turismo did something amazing, made up a heap of tracks that did not exist that were so good that not for one second did I wish that Bathurst, Suzuka, Interlagos or any real track was in the game. I feel that those tracks in GT1 and indeed GT2 for the matter were such great examples of the power of imagination to make tracks that have resonated so strongly that they can co-exist which such amazing tracks like the ones I mentioned above.

Back