Favourite circuit from own country

• Thread starter VDG
  • 70 comments
Seeing as its only and hour away from where i live ill go with Mid-Ohio. But I'm also enraged that it was not in the schedule for the new USCC.

The only track in my country is Croft Circuit. ;)

But if I widen it to the UK. Oulton Park is the nearest to me, with Donington close behind it.

For me it's close between Silverstone and Donington but I'll say Silverstone...just.

Favorite track in America? Laguna Seca. And since the US is so big, my favorite track in Michigan is Grattan.

New Zealand: Highlands Motorsport Park.

Highlands-Track-map-Sept-2012-950.jpg

http://www.highlands.co.nz/Facilities/Track-Maps.asp

Best circuit you never heard of.

Local track is one of the best ovals ever made, Phoenix International Raceway.

But my vote will go for Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.

The closest track in relation to where I live is Portland International Raceway.

However, I'd much rather go down to Monterey where Laguna Seca is.

My local track is actually a hillclimb. Prescott hillclimb to be exact.

My favorite circuit in the UK is Cadwell Park because of the mountain :D

I'd vote for Circuit Mont Tremblant:

"Circuit Mont-Tremblant is located in the picturesque Laurentian Mountain. It's twisty 15-corner design utilizes the natural topography of the land and is considered one of the finest and most demanding circuits in the world.
The hillsides around the track provide natural grandstands affording spectators with magnificent elevated vantage points. "

This is what we have so far:

Assen
Brainerd International Raceway
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Circuit of the Americas
Croft Circuit
Donington Park
Estoril
Grattan Raceway
Highlands Motorsport Park
Jyllandsringen
Knockhill
Laguna Seca
Lydden Hill
Mid-Ohio
Mondello Park
Mont-Tremblant
Mount Panorama
Oulton Park
Padborg Park
Road America
Silverstone
Suzuka
Sydney Motorsport Park
Tor Poznan
Virginia International Raceway
Watkins Glen

That's what I call a great tracklist!!! :D

Well since I live 20 mins from Silverstone, I must go with... Oulton park, unless I count North of the border as my country... In which case Knockhill!

VDG
This is what we have so far:

Assen
Brainerd International Raceway
Brands Hatch
Cadwell Park
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Circuit of the Americas
Croft Circuit
Donington Park
Estoril
Grattan Raceway
Highlands Motorsport Park
Jyllandsringen
Knockhill
Laguna Seca
Lydden Hill
Mid-Ohio
Mondello Park
Mont-Tremblant
Mosport
Mount Panorama
Oulton Park
Padborg Park
Road America
Silverstone
Suzuka
Sydney Motorsport Park
Tor Poznan
Virginia International Raceway
Watkins Glen

That's what I call a great tracklist!!! :D

Fixed.

Home country & home state - Gotta be Mid-Ohio

561d1173733357-mid-ohio-sports-car-course-info-midohio.gif

Been there and seen SCCA - CART - Rolex Trans Am - AMA Pro.

The only track in my country is Croft Circuit. ;)

But if I widen it to the UK. Oulton Park is the nearest to me, with Donington close behind it.

For me it's close between Silverstone and Donington but I'll say Silverstone...just.

Closest to me is Croft too. Much better than the larger circuits. It is less corporate than circuits like Brands Hatch and Silverstone and more orientated to being a family friendly environment. I have been going since 2001 to the BTCC.

VDG
Wikipedia said CTMP :)

If someone bought Spa and renamed it "Renault Speedway of the Europes", you wouldn't car it that, you'd continue to call it "Spa".

It will be forever known as Mosport, I was so happy when one of the NASCAR announcers called it that instead of the ridiculous "name" it has now.

If someone bought Spa and renamed it "Renault Speedway of the Europes", you wouldn't car it that, you'd continue to call it "Spa".

It will be forever known as Mosport, I was so happy when one of the NASCAR announcers called it that instead of the ridiculous "name" it has now.

I totally agree. Mosport it is! What a horrible name for Spa would that be...

Only one choice for me: Circuit de Barcelona-Catalunya. Local track AND it's quite tricky, specially the stadium sector.

I'm gonna have to go with Llandow circuit!!!! Ok, I'm joking.

Silverstone. It's an amazing circuit to drive on, one of my favourites anywhere in the world, I'd love to go to see the Formula 1 Grand Prix there, bit pricey for me tho.

Silverstone. It's an amazing circuit to drive on, one of my favourites anywhere in the world, I'd love to go to see the Formula 1 Grand Prix there, bit pricey for me tho.

I watched the Grand Prix there in 08' right in between the Maggots and Becketts corners. Impressive stuff!

I'd love to go there too to see the British Grand Prix, but the high prices prevent me from going there. I've been to the Hungarian Grand Prix this year, general admission ticket. On Saturday we even sat at the grandstand at the chicane cause there was a lack of control, lucky us ;) Hungaroring isn't the most spectacular circuit, but it's good value for money, cheap beer and Budapest is really beautiful!

Back