Ferrari F1 Challenge

I was lighting up the tyres all the way round Monaco. Which lead to several spins! I suspect it will be easier to win with the engine turned down a touch, to maybe 85%??

Any thoughts people?

I was lighting up the tyres all the way round Monaco. Which lead to several spins! I suspect it will be easier to win with the engine turned down a touch, to maybe 85%??

Any thoughts people?

Two more options.

TCS on, or tune your LSD better.

Has anyone else encountered AI driving off the track at Eifel 308A? AI(8th position) is seen off the track at 2:48 of the video.

You can win Eifel easily with the F2007 in the OCD. TCS & ABS on 1. Do an oil change & adjust top speed. (I think I set it to 330km/h - 205 mph.) After fighting pretty hard in this race for the win with my tuned F2010 & F2007, using the OCD car was a walk in the park... 👍 I won by over 10 sec without even pushing hard.

Great to know! ...I was hoping Eifel would be an easy go incase I go down to the wire at Monaco w/ no aid (ABS1 on there though no doubt!) Made some great gains .. Feel like I have a bit of a race car under me now just need to keep makin laps to keep bumpin up the pace...

Any thoughts people?

...what Shoe said! ...and or take a look at his tunes in a previous post. I pretty much worked w/ both and got some great input from them. I would just suggest trying to add more camber and toe for Monaco (toe: more - front, more + rear). Try raising your rear downforce also till you feel chocked for power, then drop it 10 at a time till it's what suits. (raise your front a bit too [but not as drastic] to try and keep balance). So in essence, yeah drop the power lol but work with the other tools as well. ...at first I thought Monaco froze over and I was back home in Chi town and shoulda been playin' hockey instead messin' w/ this F10 car..... ( I'm not an expert just thought I'd add a lil' input .. Hope it helps)

Monza (got used to F1 again), Spa, no issue (fast), Eifel, no issue (fun), London, practice, practice, practice, laps get faster, made one slight error, 1st by 1.548 secs. Cote d'zur...we'll see...

Probably the best seasonal yet as far as speed, concentration, and total focus...

Agreed all the way! London makes for a helluva short track bull fight .. Was well worth the practice and effort to take the win...

It is a great seasonal no doubt!

Last edited:
Just cracked Monaco on the first try of the day! All I did was change Acceleration Sensitivity to 45 and Brakes to 8 and 6. Won by over 2 seconds

OK I have the LSD set down low, to minimise under steer IIRC but will try it with it turned up to 45!

Hard work pays off! Whoop >> Thank God for the For the streets of Monaco can be tamed lol .. I was wore out after work was tempted to do a few practice laps and call it a night .. Maybe give up and throw on tcs and call it good.. But I thought "no I can do this!" Then I made a few tweaks and we stepped up a bit... And went for it... Glad I did:tup: ...w/ a best lap of 1:15.257, can't complain.

...when I 1st took the track in practice mode Thur. .. I thought, "wow this place is unbelievable". I've seen bits and pieces from F1 footage .. But to ease through a few laps.... It's an amazing layout no doubt.

...then reality hit, "uh it's laced with ice .. Gotta be!" So, learning a new track on ice, trying to dial in the car and the driver .. Quite a time .. Then 8PM Sunday night it finally started to get racy .. But the driver needed more work haha .. We kept diggin and stayed with it .. Awesome Time and time well spent. 👍

Shoe67
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is my tune for the FERRARI F10

871pp
691hp
570kg
46/54 weight
RH tires

PARTS:
Titanium Racing Exhaust
Fully Customizable Transmission
Adjustable LSD
Suspension Fully Customizable Kit
Brake Balance Controller

SUSPENSION:
Ride Height- 0/0
Spring Rate- 18.3/17.8
Extension- 8/10
Compression- 7/9
Anti Roll Bar- 4/5
Camber- 2.6/1.6
Toe- -0.15/0.22

LSD:
Torque- 5
Acceleration- 5
Braking- 14

AERODYNAMICS:
Front- 123
Rear- 159

BRAKE BALANCE:
Front- 10
Rear- 10

BALLAST:
Amount- 10
Position- -50

NOTES:
This car is very quick if you can be smooth in your turning (I recommend Active Steering for DS3 users). As with any car at high speed it is very hard to keep control through fast corners (especially Spa). I managed to win with this tune at Spa by 18sec. Very quick but this car is not forgiving at all. One mistake and you will find yourself swimming through sand :lol: Happy racing 👍

Shoe67, your second setup brought me victory with my DS3 controller (all aids off except ABS 1)! Instead of ballast, I detuned the engine. Thank you for your help with this and other really difficult seasonal events your tunes have helped me!

You want the LSD super low. I have mine set to 5/5/14 it's perfect.

OK! Well mine's a little higher than that but not by much. As for Traction control, if I use it it's only ever set at 1, same with ABS and all other aids off.

Thanks for the tune Shoe67, you even made London fun! I managed to win by 6 seconds and was consistently doing 40s in the F10. The car oversteered under braking, but it wasn't hard to control.

Wow, this time the challenge is really... challenging! So far I've only tried Monaco (won by 2 secs) and Spa (9 secs) but I have to say, it's not that easy. I'm definitely going to finish it all and then try Spa and Monaco a couple more times.

Been a little busy so I hadn't had time to tackle this event but started on it yesterday and had a blast racing the F1 cars 1 ! Won at Monza but having some issues with the other tracks ! Still a blast though !

Wow, this time the challenge is really... challenging! So far I've only tried Monaco (won by 2 secs) and Spa (9 secs) but I have to say, it's not that easy. I'm definitely going to finish it all and then try Spa and Monaco a couple more times.

Been a little busy so I hadn't had time to tackle this event but started on it yesterday and had a blast racing the F1 cars 1 ! Won at Monza but having some issues with the other tracks ! Still a blast though !

Yeah, a challenge to say the least .. But def. worth the effort .. Great fun racin' the F1 cars! ...the good news is they're easier to win the sec and third time around 👍 ...just gotta keep at it and get car and driver to that point...

Good luck and Congrats on your progress so far 👍

A little tip: use the F2007 for Monza, Spa and the Eifel track. It has better aero than the F10. The F10 has better mechanical grip, so it is better for the city circuits.

A little tip: use the F2007 for Monza, Spa and the Eifel track. It has better aero than the F10. The F10 has better mechanical grip, so it is better for the city circuits.

...finally someone else to mention this 👍 I used the F10 for all, but if someone needs the added aero for the higher speed courses that's the way to go!

London was toughest for me, but managed gold on all of 'em.

I love running Monaco in the F2010. If you get it right, almost feels like it's dancing around the corners.

Best overall time at Monaco was 9:59.9, winning by 9+ seconds. Best single lap was 1:13.739 during the same run.

I am running at full 871 PP and using the DS3 controller.

Update: Just ran Monaco in 9:54.198 with a best lap of 1:13.373.

Last edited:
Monaco is driving me crazy. Whilst I admit I'm pretty rubbish in F1 cars I've won and enjoyed all the others. Did them with cockpit view and no abs or tc, with the 2007 standard from the ocd, except London, for which I used the 2010 with Shoe's tune (thanks for sharing, it was a blast). I can't say they were easy but they were a fun challenge.
The best I've managed at Monaco after countless attempts is bronze with the 2007. I've tried the 2010 and it's a good second a lap quicker but the AI are even quicker still. I don't think I've struggled so much since the Lambo Nordschliefe one. What with the bloody AI practically coming to a standstill where there's no room to pass then tearing away on the straights, and having to use full lock on the hairpin and let the wheel spin back through my hands (in an F1 car!), I'm close to giving up.
By giving up I mean putting on srf, cutting the chicane, and drifting and barging my way to the front. Tell me I shouldn't do it.

Monaco is driving me crazy. Whilst I admit I'm pretty rubbish in F1 cars I've won and enjoyed all the others. Did them with cockpit view and no abs or tc, with the 2007 standard from the ocd, except London, for which I used the 2010 with Shoe's tune (thanks for sharing, it was a blast). I can't say they were easy but they were a fun challenge.
The best I've managed at Monaco after countless attempts is bronze with the 2007. I've tried the 2010 and it's a good second a lap quicker but the AI are even quicker still. I don't think I've struggled so much since the Lambo Nordschliefe one. What with the bloody AI practically coming to a standstill where there's no room to pass then tearing away on the straights, and having to use full lock on the hairpin and let the wheel spin back through my hands (in an F1 car!), I'm close to giving up.
By giving up I mean putting on srf, cutting the chicane, and drifting and barging my way to the front. Tell me I shouldn't do it.

Um... do it, sorta. Just realized I got frustrated at London and turned SRF on there... and forgot I left it on for Monaco. No wonder my times were good.

I don't think you can easily drift and barge your way to the front. Touching other cars on Monaco tends to send you into the wall very easily. Perhaps you can scrape by a few of them when they come close to a dead stop.

Last edited:
... Tell me I shouldn't do it.

You shouldn't do it! you can take em'! Don't know how it goes w the wheel, but the hairpin u described sounds frustrating to say the least and way unrealistic...

I felt like giving up too .. Too stubborn though. I just practiced harder! Went to practice mode and tweaked the chassis and worked on my line .. My goal before making another attempt was with consistent comfortable lap times of 1:16.2 .. Till I could mirror that ghost time (lap after lap) I wasn't ready... When I did that I knew I would step it up in the race and consistent 1:15's would follow...

Monaco is a stubborn breed .. She doesn't like to be overdriven...

Stick w it 👍👍

...w some in race practice too the AI as usual become predictable .. And you will know ahead of time how to adjust your line to whoop em!

Edit: you will have to be aggressive w the AI at times .. If that's what you mean by drifting and barging .. Move or be moved lol .. For the most part though clean passes are possible...timing is everything.

Last edited:
You shouldn't do it! you can take em'! Don't know how it goes w the wheel, but the hairpin u described sounds frustrating to say the least and way unrealistic...

I felt like giving up too .. Too stubborn though. I just practiced harder! Went to practice mode and tweaked the chassis and worked on my line .. My goal before making another attempt was with consistent comfortable lap times of 1:16.2 .. Till I could mirror that ghost time (lap after lap) I wasn't ready... When I did that I knew I would step it up in the race and consistent 1:15's would follow...

Monaco is a stubborn breed .. She doesn't like to be overdriven...

Stick w it 👍👍

...w some in race practice too the AI as usual become predictable .. And you will know ahead of time how to adjust your line to whoop em!

Edit: you will have to be aggressive w the AI at times .. If that's what you mean by drifting and barging .. Move or be moved lol .. For the most part though clean passes are possible...timing is everything.

I have the Logitech DFGT Wheel and wanted to know if there is a way to reduce the turning radius of the wheel. When I get to the hairpin at Monaco right now I have to turn the wheel almost way too much to the point where to get it back to top dead center is very difficult. The degrees that I have to turn gets my hands in a twist??

Turn steering sensitivity down maybe?

It doesn't work with the DFGT or G25. You're stuck with 900 degrees unfortunately. It's a real pain at Monaco. I have to let go of the wheel, accelerate and let it self-centre.

Hi,
I recommand you to try this :
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?t=286646

I have the G25 and 450° is fine on Monaco 👍

Well I never. Cheers for pointing that out. It made all the difference. For the first time I felt I was actually in control rather than flailing about wildly. I could see that I was a second a lap quicker straight away and after a couple of restarts won at Monaco with a lap to spare. And no need to resort to srf.

I've got a G25 so I hope it works for skeagracing's DFTG. I had a DFGT until recently and I searched everywhere for a way to change the steering angle and everyone seemed to think it was not possible. I thought the same was true of the G25.

Well I never. Cheers for pointing that out. It made all the difference. For the first time I felt I was actually in control rather than flailing about wildly. I could see that I was a second a lap quicker straight away and after a couple of restarts won at Monaco with a lap to spare. And no need to resort to srf.

I've got a G25 so I hope it works for skeagracing's DFTG. I had a DFGT until recently and I searched everywhere for a way to change the steering angle and everyone seemed to think it was not possible. I thought the same was true of the G25.

Glad to see that worked 👍

...was thinkin why would I ever want to spend the $$ on a wheel if there was no way to get the radius right. There's hope after all.

Cracked monza on third attempt.ocd 2007,half downforce front wing,just a little on the rear.trans set to 232 mph max....grips like hell ,just don't lift off mid corner...London next.

London done,that was intense,still in 2007ocd car,using ds3....quickest lap 40s dead..total time 6min 51....took lead on last lap in the tight left,right,left....full downforce,some ballast at the front,tcs on 2....ratios giving 178 mph...now that was a challenge for me.

London done,that was intense,still in 2007ocd car,using ds3....quickest lap 40s dead..total time 6min 51....took lead on last lap in the tight left,right,left....full downforce,some ballast at the front,tcs on 2....ratios giving 178 mph...now that was a challenge for me.

Congrats! 👍👍

London is a blast .. Some real racin' there .. As far as on the edge / can't mis a mark / gotta keep the momentum / / ..and oh yeah, gotta stay off da walls!

That is what I am doing now and still the best I can do is 2nd place.

Latest Posts

Back