Ferrari F1 Seasonal Event (THANKS PD!)

• Thread starter EnzoDBR9
  • 197 comments
Can anyone tell me what gearing and set up to use for each track of the Ferrari seasonal please? :)
Gearing: Set top speed to 224 mph
Downforce: Maximum
Camber: -2.5 front -1.5 rear
Race Hards
T/C 1
ABS 1

With practice you should be able to lap the field on most circuits with this setup.

Tokyo: 1:08.471
Nurb: 1:26.055
Indy: 1:06.521
Suz: 1:26.421
Eifel: 1:49.388

Last edited:
I concur, this is icing on GT5 cake, and it's no lie. Eiffel for the win, and testament to driving skill with all Aids off. I wish AI can spread a tad more and not drive like a swarm of bees. They sting too.

I think adding a random track is a bit silly here. I mean there's no practice, you can't just expect anyone to master an unknown (and relatively long and difficult) circuit with an F1 car, especially not when we're starting at the back of a mentally retarded AI pack. I'm sure it's a nice circuit once you get to know it, but the generic view means a lack of visual clues for the corners, and constantly looking over to the track map at those speeds while dodging incoming AI husks doesn't make for a very fun race.

I'm loving all the other races though, just wished they dropped the Eiffel track and included Monaco and Monza (and why not Grand Valley as well, fictional maybe but I see it as a GP worthy track).

I mean there's no practice, you can't just expect anyone to master an unknown (and relatively long and difficult) circuit with an F1 car, especially not when we're starting at the back of a mentally retarded AI pack.
I couldn't disagree more with your (premature) assessment of the Ferrari F1 Eifel course. Take the time to learn the course and you will discover that this is one of, if not the funnest and most challenging courses to get right. I have hundreds of laps on it with the F2007 & F2010 and have managed to whittle my times down to a best lap of 1:49.388

F2007 @ Eifel
1:49.388
Video
GT5
[/URL][/IMG]

I couldn't disagree more with your (premature) assessment of the Ferrari F1 Eifel course. Take the time to learn the course and you will discover that this is one of, if not the funnest and most challenging courses to get right. I have hundreds of laps on it with the F2007 & F2010 and have managed to whittle my times down to a best lap of 1:49.388

F2007 @ Eifel
1:49.388
Video
GT5
[/URL][/IMG]

Hold on, I didn't say anything about the quality of the circuit. I actually think it's a great circuit. What I did say though, is that it's a bad idea to just throw you into a race with F1 cars without the option to practice it. I'm sure you can at least relate to that sentiment. I've completed that race and have memorized the track, and now I'll gladly race it again. But I'd just like a practice option to save me those few frustrating first attempts.

What I did say though, is that it's a bad idea to just throw you into a race with F1 cars without the option to practice it. I'm sure you can at least relate to that sentiment.
No comprende compadre. The F1 Eifel course is far and away my favorite track in GT5, for all the reasons you are complaining about.
Practice? You can clear the AI before the top of the hill on L1 and then you have 10 laps to practice.
If I had to choose one event, it would be F1 Eifel. It's my #1 grinding event and I've worn my F2007 ragged on it.

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but is anyone willing to put up their F2007 for borrow?

I have 18 million right now and was gonna save for 20 mil and buy the ford race car than let it sit in my garage and never use it. Now I'm thinking I may get one of these F1 cars and do the event. Do u get triple pay out like u do with all the other seasonals at the moment?

I have 18 million right now and was gonna save for 20 mil and buy the ford race car than let it sit in my garage and never use it. Now I'm thinking I may get one of these F1 cars and do the event. Do u get triple pay out like u do with all the other seasonals at the moment?
Yep. Loadsa luvverly credits!

The Ferrari F1 seasonals are by far my favorite ones in the game so far. The only problem with them is they are way too easy, and I noticed no AI improvement since the last update. The AI brake way too early into every corner and you can be 15 seconds off with three laps to go and somehow still pull off a win (did it at Indy after a spin). That's super unrealistic and kind of kills the fun. I'd love an "Expert" seasonal for these cars.

I use default settings, manual transmission, racing hards, no aids other than ABS 1, and just adjust the top speed depending on the track.

They also pay out more than $500,000 per event now and a grip of XP. I have not worked out the $ per minute but for me these are the most fun grind in the game ... unlike the Indy oval which is mind numbingly boring.

If you're looking for a real challenge, drop the engine power down to 50% and I think you will experience the desired affect.

Be sure to adjust the top speed on the transmission settings down to 180mph.
You will be overtaken on every straight and have to fight your way through the field to re-take the lead on every lap. Suzuka is the most challenging with this set-up. You will be in a dog fight for 10 laps - Great stuff.

If you're looking for a real challenge, drop the engine power down to 50% and I think you will experience the desired affect.

Be sure to adjust the top speed on the transmission settings down to 180mph.
You will be overtaken on every straight and have to fight your way through the field to re-take the lead on every lap. Suzuka is the most challenging with this set-up. You will be in a dog fight for 10 laps - Great stuff.

I might give that a try ... I guess the fact that you can even win a race at 50% power and top speed limited says it all about the events being too easy.

I'd like a nice F1 race where you are fighting for tenths each lap with the leaders, not taking 5-8 seconds a lap off of them.

I might give that a try ... I guess the fact that you can even win a race at 50% power and top speed limited says it all about the events being too easy.
I'd like a nice F1 race where you are fighting for tenths each lap with the leaders, not taking 5-8 seconds a lap off of them.
Another Challenge:
Because the AI are such a joke, I primarily concern myself with lap times and total elapsed time.
I keep records and am always trying to better them.
Concentrate on clearing the field as cleanly as possible and then settle in for some clean laps.
If you run fast and stay on, you can lap the entire field before L10 on all courses. Not an easy achievement, but very doable.

Do u get triple pay out like u do with all the other seasonals at the moment?
Gold Payout
Tokyo: C534,000
Nurb GP: C540,000
Indy: C594,000
Suzuka: C615,000
Eifel 102C: C654,000

Total = C2,937,000

3 tours and your F2007 is paid for.

Gold Payout
Tokyo: C534,000
Nurb GP: C540,000
Indy: C594,000
Suzuka: C615,000
Eifel 102C: C654,000

Total = C2,937,000

3 tours and your F2007 is paid for.

you can get multiple payouts each time?? I thought you win once, and that's it?

holy crap, i feel much better about dropping $$$ on the F10. . now if I can only win more than 1 race without suck so much with my DS3. :-(

Just finished the first race at Tokyo, man challenging and fun racing right there. Who needs a dedicated F1 game ;)

Having only touched the F1-2007 model about 2 months ago, I almost forgot about the F10. Having read how the F10 was less fun, and more difficult to drive, yes, this is true when purchased as is from the Dealership, however, with softened dampers, and reduced toe settings, this car is now a dream to drive on the last custom Eifel track. Much more fun than the "stiffer" 2007 imo. The feedback sensation in the wheel is more awesome too. Perhaps it was updated in the latest patch i don't know, but driving the F10, helmet view cam, with the lowered view of the track, and large racing hard tires, it's just so cool. Thanks PD.

Last edited:
does anyone else have some serious vibration going on while using the F10 and DFGT wheel? is it a simulation of the car rubbing the ground under heavy downforce?

yes, I discovered the vibration effect on my G25, but only on section from start line, all the way to the top of the hill. The rest has no such vibration. My dampers were at 4/4 all around.

You must buy. You are missing out. Even though (for now) the seasonal is the only off-line competition you can use it for, you will not be sorry.

Tried this event for the first time yesterday with my F10. It is quite fun I only did one race though, the last one at Eifel, took me a while to get used to driving it and took about 22 minutes to finish the race.

I liked that in order to win you had to make sure you make no mistakes at all...not overkill like the Expert Challenge but not as easy as the other events either.

Tried this Seasonal a while ago, briefly, on Tokyo with F2007. Found it very difficult and couldn't be bothered to go back to it. Maybe I'll revisit and try and make the car pay it's way a bit.

I did some grinding with this seasonal today in an F2007, it's a fun easy to handle car. I was curious why I was blowing away the other cars though? The only thing I changed was racing softs and max out the downforce. When I do the FGT race my car has more horsepower from being broken in, it's tuned well, I have racing softs and max out the downforce but I struggle pulling away with the FGT, unlike the F2007 where it seems to have a huge advantage. This is very puzzling to me. :confused:

Tried this for the first time the other day in my F2007, didnt win first time, but did 2nd time, it was a good challenge, to learn the corners of Tokyo at a completely different speed

This event, SO much fun. Some of the most fun non-online racing i've done.

This series, DTM, FGT, and the enduros was basically why i bought this game.

Thank you PD!

I was wondering if I should get the F2007 car.

I've approx 13,000,000cr in my account and was contemplating to buy the
F2007 to try out the F1 circuit. According to GTplanet forum, there is limited use for the F2007 car and not sure if it is a good buy.

I've already backup the GT5 gamesave to the thumbdrive, but if I decide not to keep the F2007 and restore the GT5 gamesave, will I get back the 13,000,000 cr and the other cars in the garage?

What is the correct method to restore the gamesave? some of the forumers here suggested I need to delete the GT5 gamesave in PS3 before restore, which I hesistate, because it took me awhile to accumulate the credits and the cars.

Please advice.

I was wondering if I should get the F2007 car.

I've approx 13,000,000cr in my account and was contemplating to buy the
F2007 to try out the F1 circuit. According to GTplanet forum, there is limited use for the F2007 car and not sure if it is a good buy.

I've already backup the GT5 gamesave to the thumbdrive, but if I decide not to keep the F2007 and restore the GT5 gamesave, will I get back the 13,000,000 cr and the other cars in the garage?

What is the correct method to restore the gamesave? some of the forumers here suggested I need to delete the GT5 gamesave in PS3 before restore, which I hesistate, because it took me awhile to accumulate the credits and the cars.

Please advice.

Make sure you're where you want to be on the thumb drive data wise... then buy the F2007.... if you don't like it back up your data from the thumb drive ... no risk.

Back