Ferrari in the snow...

• Thread starter CTznOfTime
  • 92 comments
In GT5 we gift copied a hacked nascar around that ran on dirt and snow and had some of the funnest races I ever had on GT5.. The snow tracks you could make with the giant jumps? Fagedaboudit...

Ideally, we should be able to rally with any car we wanted.

Yes, this is what a sim exists for. Many people mistakenly believe that a sim needs to totally replicate the real world or otherwise it can not be a true sim. I would ask these people, why do sims exist? If a sim accurately represents the real world then there is no need for the sim to exist, we already have the real world for that. Sims exist to do things that are not possible or practical in the real world and observe the results. The arguments that 'the real car was not designed for that' are totally missing the point of a simulation.

Hm

Zwart-PikesPeak.jpg

edfo_csr12-%201329_8061%20-%20circuit%20short%20rally%20-%20zandvoort.jpg

tumblr_kzwj835dG51qaakzyo1_500.jpg

These 'sports cars' seem to be partaking in professional rally events

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ

Ok - I accept the 911. Porsche 911 has a great rally heritage from the years before 4wd and purpose built rally machines. But gallardo? no, no, no.. Must be some sheik with too few toys as growing up or a nerd engineer with too much money with urges to own a Lamborghini and race in a rally competition - one just fails to see those two things should be kept separated. I fell so bad for the lamborghini - some might think thats funny, but that just ruins a good car..

Sorry for my intolerance, but that is just wrong. Like taking a greyhound to a dog fight

Knowing how restrictive Ferrari is with their image and intellectual property (F1 cars couldn't race with other cars in GT5 supposedly by Ferrari's orders) I wouldn't be surprised if this was their doing and not PD's.

MONTEZEMOLOOOOOO!!!!!

Referring to my earlier post, every Ferrari (and every other car) in Forza Horizon (from the 250 GTO to the FXX) can be fitted with rally parts.

Ferrari obviously have no qualms with this, so why should GT6 be any different?

KAZ, we want OPTIONS, PLEASE

Between Haitauer and CallMeDan, we ve got both end of the spectrum...

Personnally i wouldnt go to either extremes... but if i have to choose, i would rather have options rather than limitations or restrictions...

Wouldnt most people do too?

Well maybe i should be more careful... because it depends on what we are talking about...

BECAUSE THIS IS ALSO A SIMULATION...

F-Zero.jpg

snes-fzero.jpg

Anyways, i am not asking for the moon here, (although Kaz did give it to us already), i just want to drive a classic italian in the snow...

Thats not too much to ask is it?

Last edited:
Why Kaz? Why cant i enjoy an italian on ice? Italian Ice i scream are the best,

Anyone with the same desire?

Italians on ice would be cool, like KITT from Knight Rider. But why stop there?

Dear KAZ,

Can we please have

1. Low profile snow tires
2. Marty Mcfly Racing Suit
3. 1976 Lotus Esprit Submarine

Funny thing is, there is a game called R Racing Evolution that allows you to drive any LMP1 car in dirt, but you can't in GT6?

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAZ!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I once heard a story about a cow that jumped over the moon. But you can't in GT6?

I've seen that vid. It's pretty awesome! And forget about the formula car on snow; give us a snow version of the Nurburgring!!
Agreed. That would be fantastic. Also, I'm actually quite suprised that someone has yet to mention PGR4's terrific snow version of the 'Ring. It was one of the best and most entertaining features about the game, albeit an arcade racer.

This also another reason why I keep coming back to Enthusia. The fact that I can take the EB110 or the Caterham Super Seven (unfortunately no race cars allowed) and drive them around the snowy Wintertraum has given me hours of entertainment.

It's silly fun! :D

Gran Turismo could definitely use more of it.

Group B is a prime example of sports cars/supercars driving off road: Ferrari 308, BMW M1 (both already mentioned), Lancia 037, Mazda RX7 (first-yen), etc.

I would like PD to bring the Mazda RX7 first generation into Gran Turismo, along with its Group B rally counterpart:

790_z.jpg

For your viewing and hearing pleasure:

How about the Porsche's with the Rothmans' colours?

rothmans-porsche-19.jpg

Porsche-959-Rally-1986-Paris-Dakar-Rally-1600x1200.jpg

The fact that not even EA (the hogs who have held Porsche license for so many years) have included these cars in any of their games is unacceptable:

3646574+_4d2bb0b43dd9e1eb802a4f06d546ebb3.jpg

Need I say any more...

The fact that not even EA (the hogs who have held Porsche license for so many years) have included these cars in any of their games is unacceptable:

Need I say any more...
As much as I dislike EA, they did include Porsche 959 in SHOX, with the Rothman livery.

Agreed. That would be fantastic. Also, I'm actually quite suprised that someone has yet to mention PGR4's terrific snow version of the 'Ring. It was one of the best and most entertaining features about the game, albeit an arcade racer.

This also another reason why I keep coming back to Enthusia. The fact that I can take the EB110 or the Caterham Super Seven (unfortunately no race cars allowed) and drive them around the snowy Wintertraum has given me hours of entertainment.

It's silly fun! :D

Gran Turismo could definitely use more of it.

I keep hearing good stuff about Enthusia, mostly saying that it has very unique mechanics and gameplay. I regret never playing it. Too bad I don't have a PS2 anymore.

Preferably snow would be a gradient, so that you could have dry or wet tarmac that gets covered in snow when the weather allows it. But of course, enough variation with ice and snow would be throwing the developers in at the deep end. Tough decisions.

Well, rain does not require rain tires. Why does snow and dirt require terrain specific tires? Well, you may say dirt is not percipitation. That is true. However, I drive my ral life vehicle on dirt and snow with street tires all the time. I don't have money for those fancy tires!

Between Haitauer and CallMeDan, we ve got both end of the spectrum...

Personnally i wouldnt go to either extremes... but if i have to choose, i would rather have options rather than limitations or restrictions...

Wouldnt most people do too?

Well maybe i should be more careful... because it depends on what we are talking about...

BECAUSE THIS IS ALSO A SIMULATION...

F-Zero.jpg

snes-fzero.jpg

Anyways, i am not asking for the moon here, (although Kaz did give it to us already), i just want to drive a classic italian in the snow...

Thats not too much to ask is it?
Love Fzero

As far as I know the GTO should be capable of running on snow and dirt as it was designed as a rally car. I'm not sure if it's possible to fit it with dirt or snow tires, but it wouldn't surprise me if it wasn't possible. Again, PD ruining the fun.
yeah... you cant... sigh... i tried. :(

In GT5 there was a glitch with a time trial that allowed dirt tires on all cars. It added a lot of fun to the game, the Gallardo and Audi R8 were amazing on dirt and the 2 wheel drive supercars were also fun.

I've seen that vid. It's pretty awesome! And forget about the formula car on snow; give us a snow version of the Nurburgring!!

I agree.

It would be more deadly, more nuts, more fun.

It would be troll worthy.

Why Kaz? Why cant i enjoy an italian on ice?
Italian on ice is Stratos country. Take the ride height and spring rate from the rally suspension and put it on the customizable one, make 450pp and have a ball. Thing is a blast. Still I have the massive urge to take the 288 out on dirt.

Latest Posts

Back