FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
PD have really messed up this time!!
After the update the feel was great just a bit light, but you could feel what the tires were doing.
Now after the hot fix patch the feeling has gone. Even if you go offtrack onto the grass there is no change in feedback. the only time i now feel anything is when the car is in the air,
Bring back the feeling from before the hot fix just give us a bit more weight to the steering please.
We had one day of this feeling like a true sim, now it feels like an early 90s arcade game.
Looking forward to project cars now!

There seems to be a lot of people on here who are confusing feedback with turning resistance

Feedback = change in resistance due to change in grip
Turning resistance = strength needed to turn the wheel

Perhaps PD could take off the hot fix and give us another slider for Turning resistance/ weight

For example, check this out.

003jky.jpg

Perhaps PD could take off the hot fix and give us another slider for Turning resistance/ weight
On my T500 that slider is called "FFB Sensitivity". I put it on minimum, and I just get the real forces. Works great.

What are you guys talking about...?

Of course you get lots of feedback from the wheel when your front tyres lock or lose grip.

My feelings exactly.
You couldn't be more wrong, have you actually raced before? If your tires are locked, they can be turning left right or what ever the **** direction you please, but your car isn't going to comply.

You couldn't be more wrong, have you actually raced before? If your tires are locked, they can be turning left right or what ever the **** direction you please, but your car isn't going to comply.
You should get your terms right first.

Again, the wheel will give you feel of that happening. Plenty of it, actually.

Do not mistake lack of feedback with lack of responsiveness, Mr. Race Driver.

You should get your terms right first.

Again, the wheel will give you feel of that happening. Plenty of it, actually.

Do not mistake lack of feedback with lack of responsiveness, Mr. Race Driver.
I'd love to hear why you think you will get feedback from steering wheel connected to locked wheels. It makes no sense.

I'd love to hear why you think you will get feedback from steering wheel connected to locked wheels. It makes no sense.
Because you'll feel the lack of resistance.
Because you'll stop feeling the tyres rolling.
Because you'll feel the tyres dragging or slither.
Because you'll feel the stutter (with ABS).

That's feedback.

Because you'll feel the tyres dragging or slither.
Because you'll feel the stutter (with ABS).

That's feedback.

Just curious if you've actually locked a wheel on track before? While you're correct in feeling the wheel lock, that's about it. The steering will become numb until you dial back the brake pressure. But while the wheel is locked there will be no feedback for what that tire is doing.

Mitch is correct. If you lock you're front wheels and try and turn the steering wheel it will feel like you've just parked and have full power steering assist.

ffb only applies the wheel users ;) that's why its under " wheel settings"
I figured. Though sometimes...

Edit: looked at the settings menu and it doesn't specify these are "wheel settings." This is in the pre race menu by the way.

Last edited:
Just curious if you've actually locked a wheel on track before?
I have.

The steering will become numb
Like I said:
35mm

But while the wheel is locked there will be no feedback for what that tire is doing.
See below:
35mm
Do not mistake lack of feedback with lack of responsiveness.

Mitch is correct.
No, he is wrong.

If you lock you're front wheels and try and turn the steering wheel it will feel like you've just parked and have full power steering assist.
So, you feel something...? That's weird.

I understand what he and you are saying. You will lack control and responsiveness, yes. But in the end, you do get feedback from the wheel of and when your tyres lock or lose grip.

I'm wondering if should try and reinstall only upgrading to ver1.11... Just to play through the offline content I've still got left. It's utterly annoying to have to tightly hold the steering still, even on straightaways, even with slower sedans at speeds under 100mph.

Okay dinally tested the DFGT. Torque 4 sensitivity 8 perfect setting almost, except id dial the torque down half a notch but 3 is just a little too low.

Needs a bit more sensitivity in the track textures though to make the game a bit more immersing.

Tonight I finally tried the new FFB with my T500RS (so after the hotfix).

OMG ! Even with FFMT@1 and FFS@1 the wheel is REALLY TOO heavy. If I use power steering on or off it doesn’t change anything anymore. I used to play with power steering on for road cars before.

I tried to restart my PS3. I also tried to put back power steering off, then enter a race, then exit, put power steering on again and enter the race but nothing happen.

Even with a simple clio RS with comfort tyres I have the feeling to drive a race car with race tyres.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

PS : I also tried to use another car (GT86) and the result is the same.

I read PD's hotfix announcement again:

With certain cars, the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] value found in the [Steering Characteristics] page within the [Steering Controller] category of the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button) was not working as intended.

So that pretty much confirms the problem is with specific cars rather than the FFB model itself. Unfortunately a few cars are still broken. Please fix them PD!!! (Lotus 97T especially :()

Tonight I finally tried the new FFB with my T500RS (so after the hotfix).

OMG ! Even with FFMT@1 and FFS@1 the wheel is REALLY TOO heavy. If I use power steering on or off it doesn’t change anything anymore. I used to play with power steering on for road cars before.

I tried to restart my PS3. I also tried to put back power steering off, then enter a race, then exit, put power steering on again and enter the race but nothing happen.

Even with a simple clio RS with comfort tyres I have the feeling to drive a race car with race tyres.

Does anyone have the same problem ?

PS : I also tried to use another car (GT86) and the result is the same.
Let"s change it, I have DFGT :sly:

Thank god they acknowledge there's still something wrong! So, T500 users report the FFB being way too heavy, and DFGT users telling it's too light.
Mistyped it earlier. I was trying to ask people if anyone using other than Driving Force GT is experiencing wobbly straightaway performance :)

There is 100% feedback in the wheel when you lock up. IRL lock up the front braking and the wheel goes loose. Resistance until lock, then loose, turn left nothing, turn right nothing, until you regain grip and resistance in the wheel. GT6 simulated this very well.

I read PD's hotfix announcement again:

With certain cars, the [Force Feedback Max. Torque] value found in the [Steering Characteristics] page within the [Steering Controller] category of the [Options] screen in the [MENU] (accessible by pressing the START button) was not working as intended.

So that pretty much confirms the problem is with specific cars rather than the FFB model itself. Unfortunately a few cars are still broken. Please fix them PD!!! (Lotus 97T especially :()

I'm going to try other cars...

On my T500 that slider is called "FFB Sensitivity". I put it on minimum, and I just get the real forces. Works great.

For the T500 users, with which car have you the lightest ffb ? And what are your settings ?

For the T500 users, with which car have you the lightest ffb ? And what are your settings ?
FF cars have the lightest steering, I guess. Something like the Megane R.S. was very comfortable at 4/1.

I've been running all kinds of RWD road cars around the ring at 3/1 and it's perfectly usable with plenty of force when relevant (call it a nice workout every time you hit a curb or correct oversteer): but why own a powerful wheel like the T500 if you never want powerful forces.... :)

Previous settings: G27, FF 5 PS off
New settings: G27, torque 4-8, sensitivity 1, PS off

Only issue for with my old (and very worn) G27 is the rattling on the straights if I set sensitivity above 1.

Otherwise feels really, really good from what I've driven so far (the 3 Sierra Event cars and the FT-1 Seasonal).

Easy to feel when the car is understeering as the resistance bleeds away, and much, much less snappy when you lose traction on the exits... I can catch, and hold, quite long slides now, even on slicks.

I'm looking forward to trying some cars with less grip to see what it's really like - something like a CSL on comfort softs - so the car has a more progressive grip/slip balance.

Being able to change your wheel settings from driver settings is a fantastic addition... so much easier to change the FF to suit the car... previously I couldn't be arsed to change it, now it's so easy 👍

Update 1.12 ups: new steering

Update 1.12 downs: 'Outrun' nature of Sierra events, rubbish AI, rubbish handling of FT-1

Feel is everything :D

Back