FFB 1.12 Update

• Thread starter DRambo
  • 758 comments
So what is a rough number of people who aren't happy with the new FFB on logitech wheels?100-1000 maybe?Not many at all considering there would be tens of thousands using it,to me,it sounds like people need to adapt.

Yeah, no, this is not an adapt situation. I refuse to play a sim with a wheel that feels like a toy, especially, when previously, it did not. And I didn't have the FFB turned up to 10 pre 1.12. I'm willing to bet 90% of G25/27 users are unhappy with the new update. The remaining 10% have never driven a real car, let alone real performance driving.

Honestly, I'll just build a new PC this winter, keep my G27, get Project Cars and an Oculus Rift and have the best ****ing time ever, nothing next gen interests me besides Forza, and theres no real wheel support for Xbox One.

Changing a wheel in a real car won't make you faster either. ;)

Thing is: the TM is made for GT and has all the buttons on the right places. That was not the case for the G27 I owned before.
The only "downside" for me is the rubbery substance as opposed to the leather of the G27. The leather on the other hand may wear faster...

I wonder why TM is selling these simple pedal sets with the TM300, while they have the very good T500 pedals, which seem to be compatible...

I never said it would and I don't know how/why @Stotty got that from my post. :odd: I'm not foolish enough to think that buying a new wheel is instantly going to make me faster. When I said upgrade, I meant change to a better wheel, nothing else. I went and did do some more research however and from everything I have read/heard, I have formed the opinion that the Thrustmaster is indeed a better wheel, therefore, I will be "upgrading" to that wheel. :sly: And, none of the "pro's" of the wheel as anything to do with it making me a better/faster driver. :lol: That part is solely up to me. 👍

@GTP_CargoRatt
I did not quote you Mitch ;)

Yea, I know. 👍 I only quoted you so the assumption wouldn't go any further on down the line. :) I know you didn't mean no harm as nor did I. :) I just didn't want it to keep on going down the line making me look like some delusional fool :lol: for thinking that a different wheel would make me faster. Sorry for the misunderstanding my good friend. :cheers:

So what is a rough number of people who aren't happy with the new FFB on logitech wheels?100-1000 maybe?Not many at all considering there would be tens of thousands using it,to me,it sounds like people need to adapt.

It's not as simple as that mate. I have adapted to the weaker FFB settings already, which is fine for 90% of cars. But for some cars (like the Lotus 97T and Formula GT I keep mentioning) there is ZERO FFB. You can't adapt if there is nothing to adapt to. It's clearly broken for Logitech wheels for some cars. That is what they need to fix.

Besides, before 1.12 everything was fine. You have a nice range of settings from 1 to 10. People who like weak FFB are happy, people who like strong are happy. I myself used FFB 5-6 before the update. Everyone can suit the settings to their liking. Now any settings from 1-10 doesn't have much difference. It's not about adapting and patronizing gamers, it's about having OPTIONS.

I'm willing to bet 90% of G25/27 users are unhappy with the new update. The remaining 10% have never driven a real car, let alone real performance driving.

I'm thinking 10% are unhappy, but those are the only ones to know how driving fast is supposed to feel like :P

It's funny because the 4 cars that I have driven most IRL all have different characteristics:
Honda Jazz (1st gen) = light car, light steering
Mitsubishi Lancer (2nd gen, not Evo) = light car, heavy steering
Honda Odyssey (2nd gen) = heavy car, heavy steering
VW Golf (6th gen) = heavy car (relatively), light steering

None of them, even the Jazz, has steering as light as the Lotus 97 or FGT. The Lancer and Odyssey are probably equivalent to around FFB 7 pre-1.12. And no, I'm not confusing G-forces and actual steering weight.

Last edited:
I never said it would and I don't know how/why @Stotty got that from my post. :odd: I'm not foolish enough to think that buying a new wheel is instantly going to make me faster. When I said upgrade, I meant change to a better wheel, nothing else. I went and did do some more research however and from everything I have read/heard, I have formed the opinion that the Thrustmaster is indeed a better wheel, therefore, I will be "upgrading" to that wheel. :sly: And, none of the "pro's" of the wheel as anything to do with it making me a better/faster driver. :lol: That part is solely up to me. 👍

I assumed when you said 'upgrade' you thought the TM is a better wheel than the G series... and knowing how committed you are to improving your times I put 2 and 2 together and got 5 :D

As I said, the 2 very fast drivers I know that have made the switch both went back to a G after buying a TM500. One because the reliability and customer service was rubbish, the other (IIRC) because the the TM500 was simply too slow to rotate.

I'd be interested to know if anyone out of the regular top TT drivers use a TM... all those I know use G25/27/DFGT's.

I'm willing to bet 90% of G25/27 users are unhappy with the new update. The remaining 10% have never driven a real car, let alone real performance driving.

How much are you willing to bet?

Common sense and logic would indicate that a Formula car with no power steering, slicks and high downforce would have super heavy steering. You don't need to drive one to know. In any case, before 1.12 came along these cars are totally fine. But after 1.12 they have lost all feedback. Other cars still have feedback (albeit lighter, but it's fine), so the problem points to these individual cars instead of the feedback model. That's what I and other Logitech users want fixed. I agree that we'll probably see more tweaks to the FFB, but it remains to be seen if the issue with Logitech will be addressed.

I don't even care if the PS4 doesn't support Logitech anymore. I've decided I won't buy it. But this is PS3 and Logitech wheels are supposed to be supported. Even within the GT6 game itself there are separate button mappings for all Logitech wheels. I'm happy that they've improved the FFB to take advantage of TM's more advanced wheels, but I'm NOT happy that they have to compromise Logitech users for that when support for both CAN co-exist. That's my main beef with the latest update.

Have you tried changing your steering rotation to 640º (or whatever it is)? It makes a world of difference to the weight of the wheel. I think I have my Fanatec around 700º and when I drove the 97T on Saturday it did feel a bit lighter than I expected but still had plenty of weight/resistance to it. Seeing as the Lotus likely didn't have 900º steering this is probably the more realistic setting anyway. I dialed mine down to 700º when driving the F3 car some months ago and it felt so good on that car and all other cars that I've never gone back.

I'm hoping the T300 GTE will help me be a bit faster, seems a step up from T500RS and hopefully the pedals have good response compared to it. I'm currently using G27.

Things that I think will help get faster lap times:

Hopefully no force feedback fade and better quality of force feedback in GT6. It should be more quieter so more likely to play at later hours and more likely to participate in rally events so should help me get faster. Hopefully rubber cladding instead of leather wrap is easier on the hands so more likely to play longer and more often.

Will find out maybe later this month to see how it works out if the wheel works...

@Stotty

TRL_beau uses T300RS and has got good placings such as top 10 with it. Can see some of his recent laps on his YouTube channel: Link

Funny thing is his last TT with his broken G27 was maybe first TT he won on GT6.

Have you tried changing your steering rotation to 640º (or whatever it is)? It makes a world of difference to the weight of the wheel. I think I have my Fanatec around 700º and when I drove the 97T on Saturday it did feel a bit lighter than I expected but still had plenty of weight/resistance to it. Seeing as the Lotus likely didn't have 900º steering this is probably the more realistic setting anyway. I dialed mine down to 700º when driving the F3 car some months ago and it felt so good on that car and all other cars that I've never gone back.

Yes, I've tried changing every settings under the sun. It helps a bit but not much, and it messes up my steering ratio more than it helps. Again, the problem is isolated to a certain few cars and there is nothing you can do to change it otherwise. I'm driving 90% of the cars happily with 900 degree steering.

Well I'm still having a blast with the new FFB on my T500RS. After shelving the game between patch 1.09-1.12 while Theustmaster FFB was broken i'm now very pleased with the FFB once more.

I've just been lapping all kinds of road cars around the Nordschleife: FFMT=2-3, FFS=1. It's a work out (way more powerful FFB than running my G25 with light clipping in Assetto Corsa on my PC rig) but a lot of fun :)

P.S. To all the drama queens in this thread: give it time. Thrustmaster FFB was broken for a few months but came back better than ever. PD are good at breaking stuff, but I'm sure they don't deliberately want to destroy DFGT or G25/27 support for ever....

I'm hoping the T300 GTE will help me be a bit faster, seems a step up from T500RS and hopefully the pedals have good response compared to it. I'm currently using G27.

Things that I think will help get faster lap times:

Hopefully no force feedback fade and better quality of force feedback in GT6. It should be more quieter so more likely to play at later hours and more likely to participate in rally events so should help me get faster. Hopefully rubber cladding instead of leather wrap is easier on the hands so more likely to play longer and more often.

Will find out maybe later this month to see how it works out if the wheel works...

@Stotty

TRL_beau uses T300RS and has got good placings such as top 10 with it. Can see some of his recent laps on his YouTube channel: Link

Funny thing is his last TT with his broken G27 was maybe first TT he won on GT6.
I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback when you get the T300:tup: In case you aren't aware, there is a dongle available to allow you to use the G27 pedals with the Thrustmaster wheels.

Hmm, whats the difference between driving force pro and DFGT?? I've been thinking I have DFGT but my wheel is actually driving force pro :lol: I haven't even got a glue when it was bought, but it's old.

Is there a way to set the rotation amount in driving force pro, I've red that it's possible on DFGT but I could't get it to work on my wheel.

And what about this new FFB, I mean I think it works ok, but I have never tried out other wheels so...

I'm looking forward to seeing some feedback when you get the T300:tup: In case you aren't aware, there is a dongle available to allow you to use the G27 pedals with the Thrustmaster wheels.
I was thinking about getting another set of G27 pedals as I plan on selling the G27 as I have a spare new DFGT wheel boxed which I could use for older games that the T300 wheel doesn't support. Will see how well the stock pedals are though, from what I read should be as good as G27 ones but without clutch.

Will post feedback on here and T300 thread once I get although looks like it still will be a while yet.

ODB
Is there a way to set the rotation amount in driving force pro, I've red that it's possible on DFGT but I could't get it to work on my wheel.
Driving Force Pro switches between 900 and 180 degrees by pressing select, R3 and right shifter simultaneously. I didn't find any use for 180° even when drifting.

Has buying T300 instead of T500 any sense? It's just marginally cheeper...
That's a tricky one. Here the T300RS/GTE is showing around €340 and the T500RS is showing around €370, so indeed it's a tiny difference.

T500RS benefits: Known to be robust (all issues have been solved in the current GT6-branded version), much better pedals, huge comfortable fixed paddles, larger 30cm rim which weighs less and gives a hint more FFB feel (iirc the 30cm GT rim without paddles weighs 1.1kg, the GTE rim with paddles weights 1.25kg and it feels a tiny bit more sluggish in comparison), PS4 in-game support confirmed for all known PS4 race sims (but not PS4 menu support)

T300RS/GTE benefits: PS4 full support, brushless motor (less notchy, less internal resistance so the rim spins more freely), rotating paddles, able to use the TH8A shifter directly connected to the wheel instead of needing to plug it via USB

Obviously I'm teasing about the paddles: I like the big chunky T500RS fixed paddles and the larger GT rim enough that my alternate GTE rim stays in the box 95% of the time. If you have a different opinion you can solve the paddles issue on the T500RS by buying a GTE rim, but that costs another €80.

I'd probably go for the T300RS for maximal PS4 support and the best FFB possible. There are loads of pedal options (including the ricmotech $20 G25/27 pedal adapter) available should the 2-pedal set turn out to be unacceptable.

Driving Force Pro switches between 900 and 180 degrees by pressing select, R3 and right shifter simultaneously. I didn't find any use for 180° even when drifting.
Ok, that seems like bit too little of turning angle... So there's nothing but 900 and 180 decrees? I mean if there's TT in monaco on formula I think I'll have settle with 180 :scared:

Do you know is there some differences between DFP and DFGT?

I love the new FFB! My clubsport feels so much better now, I can actually feel the curbs and the bumps on the road. Its a huge improvement!

Honestly, I'll just build a new PC this winter, keep my G27, get Project Cars and an Oculus Rift and have the best ****ing time ever, nothing next gen interests me besides Forza, and theres no real wheel support for Xbox One.

How about what he uses? I have no idea, but it seems it works.

I had and still have no intention of switching from my G27, but Horizon 2 looks unbelievably good, then GT7 on the PS4 is not going to support our wheels and there's some big struggles in GT6 even. So, in your case might as well buy a new wheel that has Xbox One and PS3 support, sell the G27 and hope it will be PS4 compatible (is it needed really? at this point Forza is the true Gran Turismo).

The TX wheel he's using in the video supports only Xbox One and PC.

Your confusion is probably due to the wheel being able to use the same GTE rim as the T500 (PS3/PC, PS4 in game support) and T300 (PS3/PS4/PC full support), and likewise the fact that you can use the T500 pedals with the TX.

Thrustmaster has an "ecosystem" of peripherals, but the wheel base determines which consoles are supported.

TX (Xbox One and PC wheel):

91XDoVUmQYL.png

T300 (PS3/PS4/PC wheel):

thrustmaster-t300-rs-racing-wheel.jpg

There is no wheel today which supports Xbox One and PS3, although there is a likelihood that you can get that combination on the Fanatec CSWv2+XBox One rim, which will come in at around €900 for just the base and rim, pedals cost extra.

Last edited:
I just received my Ricmotech adapter to connect the T300 to my existing G27 pedals with the GT Eye brake pedal mod. Plug and play, no problems. It's good to have the G27 pedals back after a week with the T300's underwhelming pedal set. No need to fork out any further $$$ for more pedals. With the pairing of the T300 and the 1.12 update, along with a familiar pedal set, GT6 never felt better. Here's a pic of the adapter for anyone thinking of taking this route.

IMG_1581_openWith1_zps02bbb10a.jpg

I'm continuing this from the other thread, since that got closed just as I was about to post. Apologies to mods if this is unacceptable.

Im sure you also like to set the TV so that the image is 1/1 with what you see in your real car...

The problem comes when you dont have triple screens or a big enough TV.

Same happens with the G27/G25... they just dont have enough torque for you to feel all the info send to them with that much strenght.

I rather feel the curbs, the bumps, the oversteer and understeer, the brake lock ups... And I really hope they dont numb the FFB because its much more enjoable and informative and closer to what you get on a PC sim.

Well, using FFB 5-6 pre-1.12 was pretty darn close to my real car. If it was possible back then I can't see why it's not possible now.

I agree that the newer wheels have more torque and can take advantage of the new FFB model. That's fine 👍 But since I don't have a newer wheel I also want an option to be able to use the old FFB profile. That's all I'm asking; have 2 FFB profiles in the game. Is that so hard to implement?

In any case, if they keep the current FFB I am also quite happy. I agree the detail is much better 👍 I can also adapt to the slightly weaker feeling 👍 But some cars like the Lotus 97 (with my G25 at least) have zero resistance. I think you will agree that's certainly not right. I would like PD to fix these cars. Or have 2 profiles so I can switch when I'm driving these cars.

Really, it's a small thing, but the only thing good about GT these days is it's driving. If that's not enjoyable then there's no point playing.

I took a break from gt6 all week and played last night. Downloaded 1.13. My g27 feels different and better. The lotus has a lot of FFb now. That's all I drove last night. Haven't tested anything else yet. I had a deadzone at 450 lock...so I changed some settings and it doesn't feel have bad now. Much better than the 1.12 hotfix. Idk maybe I'm going crazy, but two other guys with logitechs mentioned it last night, too. One also has a g27. The other has an old school logi. My other buddy has a t500 and said he did feel any change. So maybe they listened to people with g27s for once.

In any case, if they keep the current FFB I am also quite happy. I agree the detail is much better 👍 I can also adapt to the slightly weaker feeling 👍 But some cars like the Lotus 97 (with my G25 at least) have zero resistance. I think you will agree that's certainly not right. I would like PD to fix these cars. Or have 2 profiles so I can switch when I'm driving these cars.

Interestingly, I tried the Lotus 97T last night with the T300 wheel, and it was ridiculously light on that wheel too. While every other car I've tried with the T300 feels very good on moderate FFB settings (5/5), the Lotus renders the wheel lightweight and lifeless, like there is very little feedback coming from that car. There was no resistance on the track, just some minimal vibration from the rumble strips. That car in particular seems particularly broken in its current state.

Really, it's a small thing, but the only thing good about GT these days is it's driving. If that's not enjoyable then there's no point playing.

and i pretty much stopped playing since 1.12...

even if most people are comfortable with the update after the fix, a lot of people are also pretty insensitive when it comes to something like FFB and for them FFB pretty much just equals "some random rumble effects."

i've played assetto corsa on a friends gaming setup and he was raging about how great the FFB was, when in fact the way he had his wheel/game/computer setup had introduced such a large FFB lag that it was impossible to intuitively drive a car. but he is so used to it that he doesn't even notice.

what i still don't understand at all:

prior to 1.12 FFB was far from perfect in GT6, but it mostly worked pretty damn good with the g25. there were some issues like the dramatic oscillation at high speeds with race cars and there was definately a FFB clipping issue on race cars. but there was an awesome feel for roadcars at least on those tracks that featured some real bumps and undulations.

however, after 1.12 FFB suddenly became absolutely awesome for (most) racecars. the clipping was totally gone, there was a real feeling for what is going on when driving over bumps and curbs and most importantly in racecars there was still a really heavy strength in the FFB. it was only roadcars and some other cars that suffered from the terrible lightness.

but now after the hotfix, the FFB which had just become perfect for racecars seems to be back to the way it was prior to 1.12 with all the terrible FFB clipping and no real feeling and roadcars are ruined as well with a terrible FFB dead zone that was neither present before 1.12 or after it.

so before racecars were ruined, after 1.12 roadcars were ruined, but now both race- and roadcars are ruined, great job. wtf are the good people at PD doing?!

every car i drive feels like a 70's caddillac. pre-patch i ran ffb setting of 10, and now even with 10/10 settings it feels like the lowest possible settings pre patch. the lotus 97t i can literally drive with my fingertips. thats just not right...

i'd rather buy an xbox or a pc and try other racing sims than buy another wheel to get gt6 back to the way i liked it.

if people like this new ffb feel thats great, but how about giving us guys who like the ffb pre-patch feel an option to get it back?

I tried to play tonight again. I can confirm the power steering option is broken.

I hate driving road cars without power steering...

Back