(GTOR) | [FGT] Formula GT Championship - IMMORTALPILOT and Ferrari Win the Inaugral Season!Finished 

Should the safety car rule stay?

• Total voters
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
GTORacing Logo.png

images

Races held Saturday nights at 21:00BST
Many people sit in front of their TV on Sundays, dreaming of competing in the most known motorsport event, Formula 1. Now is your chance to live that glory and passion of the world's favourite motor-Racing event. A few series have an old style F1 championship, but it's time to move into the modern era.

CAR
We will be using the car the closest to the modern day F1 car, the Formula Gran Turismo.

Formula Gran Turismo
upload_2014-12-28_1-0-22.jpeg

600bhp 700Kg

Lobby settings
Tyre/fuel depletion - Normal
Damage - Heavy
Slipstream strength - Real
Grip reduction -
Real
False start - On
ABS (For safety reasons) and driving line are the only driving aids allowed

Specific rules
Each race will have a 10 minute qualifying session, followed by a race which will last 40 Minutes.

Drivers must use both Racing Medium and Hard tyres during the race.

Calendar

1. Gran Turismo GP - Grand Valley Speedway - ryan428scj
2. Australian GP - Mount Panorama - ryan428scj
3. Spanish GP - Circuito De Madrid - TRL_EVOLUTION
4. Monaco GP - Cote D'azur - TRL_IMMORTAL
5. Austrian GP - Red Bull Ring - xChris93_
6. British GP - Silverstone - TRL_IMMORTAL
7. German GP - Nurburgring GP/F - TRL_IMMORTAL
8. France GP - Circuit De La Sarthe 2013 - TRL_IMMORTAL
9. Belgian GP - Spa-Francorchamp - TRL_EVOLUTION

10. Italian GP - Autodromo Nazionale Monza - TRL_IMMORTAL
11. Japanese GP - Suzuka - TRL_EVOLUTION

12. USA GP - Indianapolis Road Course

2nd. 18pts
3rd. 15pts
4th. 12pts
5th. 10pts
6th. 8pts
7th. 6pts
8th. 4pts
9th. 2pts
10th. 1pt

All rounds count towards championship standings. There will be a driver and team championship.​

Weather
Weather will be set to real life timing for that specific track. We will go by the weather at the time 13:00GMT. Intermediates and wets may be used.

Signing Up
If you want to sign up, please post your GTP ID, PSN ID, Nationality and team choice. You will need to add True-blue-8 on PSN. A GTP account is not required, but requested.

Do You have what it takes to be crowned world champion?........
images

images

upload_2015-1-1_2-6-29.jpeg

In association with GTORacing

Last edited:
Entry list

upload_2014-12-31_18-46-18.jpeg
Mercedes-Benz - Germany

1. WolfpackS2k / dawson864 / USA
2. teamdbw / GTP_Bresson_DK / Denmark*

upload_2014-12-31_18-47-42.jpeg
Red Bull Racing - Austria

1. xChris93_ / xChris93_ / UK
2. Weider / arty907 / UK

upload_2014-12-31_18-48-54.jpeg
Williams - UK

1. True-blue-8 / True-blue-8 / UK
2. DrAug / aughablo / France

upload_2014-12-31_18-50-12.jpeg
Ferrari - Italy

1. RacingLine / TRL_EVOLUTION / Sweden
2. IMMORTALPILOT / TRL_IMMORTAL / Germany

upload_2014-12-31_18-51-9.jpeg
McLaren - UK
1. David Talle / ElCondensator / France
2. Soyuz 77 / monty_YNOS-j / Canada

upload_2014-12-31_18-52-51.jpeg
Lotus - UK

1. STOCKY8A1 / STOCKY8A1 / UK
2. John Sweet / JOE9074 / UK

upload_2014-12-31_18-53-52.jpeg
Renault - France

1. NinjaEvo / NinjitsuEvolved / UK
2. Storm_SP17 / StormPacer17

upload_2014-12-31_18-55-19.jpeg
Honda - Japan

1. SK8RBOI / FRS_SK8R / UK
2. Ettick / Ettick_ / USA

lkfds.png
Sauber - Switzerland
1. GT_Vette / TRL_Agro / USA
2. TRL_VIPER / TRL_VIPER / UK

f4 3qf.png
Force India - India
1. PJTierney / PJTierney / Ireland
2. RyanRacer / ryan428scj / USA

e wfq.png
Toro Roso - Italy
1. Doomstorm16 / doomstorm16 / UK
2. N/A /Thomasavia / UK

fv4r.png
Marussia - UK
1. CodDemon101 / CodDemon101 / USA
2. Matt tiff / allstarjimmmy / UK

*GTP_Bresson_DK stood in for chris at RBR for Rounds 10 and 11

Last edited:
An FGT series? You bet! But Fridays are a no-no for me. Saturdays at 21:00 GMT would be excellent. But why not make it more of a simulation and have real F1 race distance/duration for the races? It would also be neat if you made RS tires the options and RM tires the primes for certain races, as is in F1. And how about a longer calender? It doesn't have to be 22 races, but 16 would be great. What do you think?

An FGT series? You bet! But Fridays are a no-no for me. Saturdays at 21:00 GMT would be excellent. But why not make it more of a simulation and have real F1 race distance/duration for the races? It would also be neat if you made RS tires the options and RM tires the primes for certain races, as is in F1. And how about a longer calender? It doesn't have to be 22 races, but 16 would be great. What do you think?
Somehow I knew you'd be interested lol

That time is good for me mate.
Personally I wanted the race duration similar to real F1 race, just thought i'd compact it first to try get some interest. Although putting the 305kilometer rule would be good.
Tyres I was unsure of, not sure how welcome Softs would be

Again, I had a race for each country, but decided to compact it first. But yep 👍

Somehow I knew you'd be interested lol

That time is good for me mate.
Personally I wanted the race duration similar to real F1 race, just thought i'd compact it first to try get some interest. Although putting the 305kilometer rule would be good.
Tyres I was unsure of, not sure how welcome Softs would be

Again, I had a race for each country, but decided to compact it first. But yep 👍

If you want the largest grid possible compacting it is the way to go. Once it has become reasonably popular, realism should then become the top priority. After that, the chances for it to become as well known as the CORE WEC is quite good. :) As for RS tires, there is that group that say "they're no good" and "it takes away all the fun and skill involved," but for this car, it really needs them. Without them, honestly for me the car is no fun at all (or maybe I'm just a n00b who doesn't like cars that require skill :indiff:). Plus, I've discovered that even with RS tires the car cannot take 130R at Suzuka flat out (that's probably because I had it set at full power and was hitting 220+ MPH down the straight). So if you do allow RS tires for certain races (please do! :scared:), then you should definitely set tire wear to normal, and actually, this car already has plenty of tire wear, so you should set it to normal regardless, or else we will have to be pitting every 5 laps.

Note that these are merely suggestions, I'm not trying to impersonate Harsk here...

If you want the largest grid possible compacting it is the way to go. Once it has become reasonably popular, realism should then become the top priority. After that, the chances for it to become as well known as the CORE WEC is quite good. :) As for RS tires, there is that group that say "they're no good" and "it takes away all the fun and skill involved," but for this car, it really needs them. Without them, honestly for me the car is no fun at all (or maybe I'm just a n00b who doesn't like cars that require skill :indiff:). Plus, I've discovered that even with RS tires the car cannot take 130R at Suzuka flat out (that's probably because I had it set at full power and was hitting 220+ MPH down the straight). So if you do allow RS tires for certain races (please do! :scared:), then you should definitely set tire wear to normal, and actually, this car already has plenty of tire wear, so you should set it to normal regardless, or else we will have to be pitting every 5 laps.

Note that these are merely suggestions, I'm not trying to impersonate Harsk here...
lol loved the last bit :lol:

No, they are things I had on my mind anyway, and its good to hear others echo them.

OP Updated 👍

lol loved the last bit :lol:

No, they are things I had on my mind anyway, and its good to hear others echo them.

OP Updated 👍

And a good update it was! We now have RS's, a healthy 12-race calender, with real race distances! 👍 As for the tire wear thing, I'm not sure, perhaps when limited to 600 BHP all tire wear and fuel consumption becomes neutralized so that setting it on Fast is necessary? This will have to be tested so that we know for sure.

And a good update it was! We now have RS's, a healthy 12-race calender, with real race distances! 👍 As for the tire wear thing, I'm not sure, perhaps when limited to 600 BHP all tire wear and fuel consumption becomes neutralized so that setting it on Fast is necessary? This will have to be tested so that we know for sure.
sorry that's one thing I forgot to change, fast doesn't give much tyre strategy, it's meant to be normal after I tested it earlier 👍

sorry that's one thing I forgot to change, fast doesn't give much tyre strategy, it's meant to be normal after I tested it earlier 👍
RS tyres are way too grippy. Waaaay to grippy. Comforts or sports are better and also like real tyres actually grain and lose tyre wear - if you spin one of them, you can lose a full 2/3 off of tyres. Otherwise it'll become Mario kart at 200mph with all the downforce you have, take it from someone with experience and give it a test ;)

RS tyres are way too grippy. Waaaay to grippy. Comforts or sports are better and also like real tyres actually grain and lose tyre wear - if you spin one of them, you can lose a full 2/3 off of tyres. Otherwise it'll become Mario kart at 200mph with all the downforce you have, take it from someone with experience and give it a test ;)
I'm really not a fan of RS tyres. but it would probably be chaos with a car like this. will give it a blast though thanks mate 👍

We've got a healthy size grid now (need to update the OP) and i'm thinking of holding a test session this weekend, if people are about.

Also, traction I've ruled out. ABS best we keep. SRF is something i'm unsure about. Using it makes the car handle much more stable, and loses the skill a bit. Opinions?

ABS I think should be kept, because when I tried it on 0 I had to set the brakes at 2/0 to keep them from locking up and spinning out, and after they still felt pretty awful. Setting ABS on 1 I've noticed still causes the brakes to lock up a bit occasionally. SRF, since it gives the car magic grip when it spins/slides, shouldn't be allowed even if it does make the car much more stable.

ABS I think should be kept, because when I tried it on 0 I had to set the brakes at 2/0 to keep them from locking up and spinning out, and after they still felt pretty awful. Setting ABS on 1 I've noticed still causes the brakes to lock up a bit occasionally. SRF, since it gives the car magic grip when it spins/slides, shouldn't be allowed even if it does make the car much more stable.
Thanks mate 👍
had a good chuckle at your sig/avatar :lol:

The more I drive this car the more i'm loving it. Managed to get a tune on it and it's handling so nicely, very consistent.

Only problem I find is that damn hairpin at Monaco :banghead:

Just hope we can get a good grid together

The more I drive this car the more i'm loving it. Managed to get a tune on it and it's handling so nicely, very consistent.

Only problem I find is that damn hairpin at Monaco :banghead:

Just hope we can get a good grid together

Yeah the trick to the harpin at Monaco and many other sharp corners that cause the car to spin out on entry is to take them in one gear higher than normal, which allows the car to rotate around it in a graceful four-wheel drift, while also working wonders for your lap time. :D

Yeah the trick to the harpin at Monaco and many other sharp corners that cause the car to spin out on entry is to take them in one gear higher than normal, which allows the car to rotate around it in a graceful four-wheel drift, while also working wonders for your lap time. :D
With the car set up I haven't lost control through any corner, it feels really stable. The problem i'm having is the understeer and clipping the wall on the exit. Will lower the ride height a bit, that should help.

Sounds good to me, but I'd like to attend a practice session of some kind before committing to this series. I don't want to ruin the fun for everybody else with poor driving skill on my part.
:cheers:

Sounds good to me, but I'd like to attend a practice session of some kind before committing to this series. I don't want to ruin the fun for everybody else with poor driving skill on my part.
:cheers:

I drive very poorly, as you can see. Don't be afraid! There is an incredibly good chance you wouldn't pull a RyanRacer like when I raced at a wet Silverstone with the Chromeline Jaguar XJ13 on SS back in WSC VII! ;) I was crashing into everyone and everything in that race, and was beaten by all but one lower GT class car! :(

Entry list

View attachment 282869
Mercedes-Benz - Germany

View attachment 282872
Red Bull Racing - Austria

View attachment 282874
Williams - UK

1. DirtyNurbKing58 / True-blue-8 / UK

View attachment 282875
Ferrari - Italy

View attachment 282876
McLaren - UK

View attachment 282879
Lotus - UK

View attachment 282883
Renault - France

View attachment 282885
Honda - Japan

2. TBA - longteethdan13 - Poland
3. john sweet - JOE9074 - UK
4. TBA - Rix316 - UK
5. TBA - WhoAteMyRice - Canada
6. TBA - lewis7557 - UK
7. RyanRacer - ryan428scj - USA
8. kobster48 - kobster48 - USA
9. rono_Thomas - rono_Thomas - UK
10. David Talle - ElCondensator - France
11. Soyuz 77 - monty_YNOS-j - Canada
12. WolfpackS2k - dawson864 - USA
13. TBA - TBA - UK
14. TBA - TBA - UK​

i like to drive for team lotus
Welcome mate 👍

I've added 8 teams in guys. Yes, Honda are a separate team, as its a proper manufacture. Also yes Lotus and Renault are there. I don't care what people say, the lotus team in F1 now are not lotus, its Renault, they're just stealing the bloody name :lol:

Back