FGTC | OVER | Congrats to Spurgina!

• Thread starter berty1979
  • 1,724 comments

Shall we allow one result to be dropped this season

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I vote one last race and it will be sad to see it go I'll write a paragraph tonight. The GTA 5 map supposedly 3-4 times the size of Skyrim.

Jesus. Skrim took ages to cross. You proper had to plan your journey though so not to have a mountain in your way. :lol: all their will be on GTA though will be police and gangsters to deal with in stead of mages, dragons and bears.

That´s a shame although I wouldn´t do S4 due to not liking the SRF etc and I don´t think I can improve allot due to work etc (and I can´t be bothered to buy me a wheel set-up).

But this Season to be vanished due to the oil-countries stopping to export their black-gold is a shame but that´s a thing you can´t change. :D

LOL the Map will be bigger than SanAndreas ?? this Map was damn big (a bit too big for my liking).
Another possible PS3 killing game :D

Ok chaps, we will have 1 more race to say goodbye to what has been a good championship from its inception.
Not this sunday but the one after will be our swansong :(

I will name the track when I get back from Prague, I hope to see all the big names in attendance 👍

When I think about my time on the FGTC it has been a great period of my life. I have met some amazing people and I feel because of these people, I have matured into a better person.

I first met Bret in a mixed racing lobby. He told about a series that he ran but I thought that I would be no where near good enough to run with people. It was only until they did a practice race and I came mid table in the race I thought maybe I could do this. I told Ferg about the people that ran this thing then he signed up. So I had to follow suit. My first race was on Monaco and was not an easy race. In qualifying I had this italian guy in front of me in quali who was all over the shop and made have a poor quali. His name was pappacio I think. I came mid table I think but it was a good race. Series one carried on and I finished mid table. Good season in all. Really enjoyed it and the people I met I really began to like. The only down point to that season was Nurburgring GP/F. Still haunts me. Season 2 Me and Ferg were together and it seemed like a match made in heaven. First race really reinforced that :lol: Ferg winning at Tokyo and me coming 3rd. We was pumped. It was only when we where atSarthe the match made in heaven turned sour :lol: The amount of penalties we got for that race was amazing :lol: But anyhoo season continued as usual with nothing amazing to report. In this season though we met Benjamin Spurge (brother to the babe Jessica Spurge) Through the season he began to improve and suddenly became a powerhouse in the FGTC. Next season I was to leave my team mate and join him. I missed the pre season race but he won it. First race at rome we did well. Me beating Pagey and Ferg on the basis I had a much better tyre wear setup and could go ages on a set. Good race that aswell. Season again continued as normal. I went on holiday and left the kids in the capable hands of Spurgey. It did not end well :lol: You all got the picture Ferg sent. Spa was a cracking race after I got back and had THE funniest crash with sandman ever :lol: That kind of concluded this season for me.

Guys it has been an absolute pleasure to race with you and when GT6 comes out we ARE doing another series :). I would like to thank Bret personally for organising such a great series and putting up with me and ferg :lol: Spurgey for putting up with me this season, you have been a great team mate. And everyone else I can think of: Ferg, sandman, pagey, flood, electric, skatenj, bestyboy, pigboy, runfast, sakery, nethereal, smartheart and god knows who else I actually cannot think of anyone else but I will have forgotten someone really important :lol: It has been a pleasure :)

Bye now. And yes this is full of smileys and laughing faces :D

:lol: I remember papaccio, what a burke!
Nice report Ellis, I am pleased you have enjoyed our series and the next one will be when GT6 comes out. There are some great characters in the FGTC and I will miss it, dont miss the final race 👍

I thought it would be nice for me (as creator) to be able to pick my favourite from the remaining tracks. Although beating the robot will be tough at least I will stand a chance (correct spurgey).

Should be fun :D

Runfast- Get F1 2011 :D

Oh no not TM -_-

It´s my hell Track for FGT although I did quite ok there.

Wow No FGTC anymore *good memories come up*.
I started back in S1 at Tokyo. I didn´t use any aids during this Season and still was quite competitive, .... not xD

I can remember the old Tire wear and no 2 compound rule that was .. well different from know.
Tires lasted for decades and that without SRF, TCS and active Steering for me *Tire-whisperer*.
We even had penalties on for this Season !!! That was hard because the system is sooo broke and unfair//unreal and I am the unlucky one all the Time.

During that Season I realized that SRF was legal and other aids too => me thought to not do S2 because SRF is a weak aid (I still think that :D).

But I tried to use SRF and finally got it going during the S1 at .... Trial Mountain (second last race of that season).
This race was a superb one for me (4th or 5th) too.
The final standing was great although I didn´t made much races and the majority was done without aids.
I did beat the real-life Track-Record at Indy-Road which was set by Rubens Barrichelo ´04 without aids on Racing Softs with old Tire-wear but that was an accomplishment I´m proud of. (1:09.4xx is real one and I did a 1:09.3xx)
Brett wanted to do it but I never got an answer if he came close to it or beat me (you probably did and just don´t want to ruin my dream :D)

S2 came along and me was motivated to get a podium. Season started awesome 2 4th places and 2 5th with some mistakes from me which caused me the chance of a 3rd place.

New drivers came along which where faster than me and my Real-life changed *finally got a job 👍* which lead to almost no testing before the Races and not so good results, but still major fun.
This lead me to miss some races but I was the same range as in S1.
Plus I made the Nürb-Nord Season Final but I screwed it and lost 3 places at the race countdown -_-

S3 was from the beginning haunted. My Job took over my Life and I wasn´t able to get on, and when I could me was super tired.

I am honoured to be part of one of the biggest Series here on GTP.
No Series-Thread has more posts//interests than this, and you guys are special.

I was Steward and even liked that. I could watch some special Racing moments and apart from few things (SkateNJ´s oldschool blocking technique during his first Race at Tokyo, where he didn´t knew that he had to yield <3 👍)
them Replays where really cool to watch.

Hope you host a GT6 series and some GT5 mixed-racing lobbies because I like having some fun with you :D

Maybe I go back to the Roots and drive the final race without SRF, TCS and Active Steering :D
Plenty of time to test for me.... not xD

End of an era ?? Bit like my footy team still hurting:grumpy::ouch: Met alot of you briefly and enjoyed ya company:) Brett like you :drool: over RE6 and Aliens Colonial Marines for that matter no doubt my GT5 days will be limited too when those hit the shelves goodluck all.👍

^^^ Loved that Sakery :lol:

Here's mine:
Summer of last year I went on GT5 whilst rather drunk and found a mixed racing room which I joined and found it was hosted my some guy called Rhyfelwr. It was good fun and after a few days i was invited to join the FGTC, this was way back in season 1, half way through I think, my first race was at laguna seca.
I was way off the pace here and finished 5th, but I then realised my car was only running 800bhp and 700kg :dopey:
I got that sorted and won my second race at Deep forest :D and from then on it was really good fun, I won 3 or 4 more races (I think) in season 1 and finished mid table. With the mighty Brett taking the championship.
At the start of season 2 I became good friends with the guys and we were having a great laugh in mixed racing and things. I was pumped for the new season and in testing I was winning races and topping the time sheets but a couple of days before the race.....disaster!
The wi-fi on my ps3 packed up and I couldn't fine an ethernet cable long enough to go to my room. So I missed the first race :(
I tried my best from then on but i couldn't find the form to catch Brett, and then i got a wheel which for some reason made me worse :crazy:
Friendships strengthened and the banter became more and more outrageous :lol: I quickly realised that there was a rather touching relationship between 2 members.....Ferg and Ellis (I strongly believe that if they are left in a room alone there would be a scene similar to that in Brokeback mountain :lol:)
They loved and hated each other, falling out over the most trivial of things (I think one time it was FIFA) and then the next day it was hugs and kisses again.
There are some great guys here and i look forward to racing with you on F1, and shooting people in the face with you on COD.

Roll on GT6 :D

Sakery- Awesome man, thanks for sharing your FGTC memories. Its been a blast and you have been one of the fairest competitors I have raced online with. See you at the finale :D

JB- We didnt race for long mate but maybe on GT6 it will happen again, your a good driver and a decent bloke 👍

Pagey- Same as I put to sakery really. Except you had the pace to really push me (and beat me often) in the races, definitley one of the fastest drivers I have met online. Ill write my final report (and probably burst into tears :lol:) after TM :D

Likewise bro;) GT6 you bet your botty.👍

Far to sensitive me slightly welling up no idea why.:crazy: Bit like that last day of primary school thing.:lol:

Back